Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW - Has been stated that if his injury is career ending Hawks don't pay out contract inside TPP (and I'm sure there are some clauses in the contract as well).

If he was FA - it would be included in TPP.

Scully is contracted - has to agree to destination club.

It may also mean they can keep Shiel and not get shafted by Dodoro.

If this is true I see it as total BS.

Surely there is a buyer beware here, the Hawks have had ample opportunity and, presumably, the medical expertise to assess the long term impact of the injury to Scully.

If Scully is fit they have the bargain of the decade here but surely to expect, and get, a no risk trade like this is a laughable potential AFL sanctioned breach of the salary cap.

This organisation gets smellier by the day.

But... there is always a silver lining to the cloud. Setterfield (knee) and Fasolo (depression) come to us with pre-existing problems so, if those turn out to be career ending, we will be able to take advantage of this. Perhaps if we look hard enough we may find that McGovern stubbed his toe once whilst at Adelaide.

Is disappointing development career ending?

Pandoras Box right there.

The media pro Hawk bias is a bit hard to take:

Scully the ‘steal of the century’ and Scrimshaw is ‘Scott Pendlebury like’ apparently.

Really?
Unbelievable I turned the radio off

In front of Dow and Brayshaw

Cerra went at 5, with Brayshaw and Dow ahead of him. How does that work?
I know. Personal opinion. Professional opinion said otherwise. :)

Everyone sees things differently and again for me it would be Dow and Walsh as the two mids I'd want most from the past two years and it seems that at least the brains-trust at the CFC feel the same. :)

If this is true I see it as total BS.

Surely there is a buyer beware here, the Hawks have had ample opportunity and, presumably, the medical expertise to assess the long term impact of the injury to Scully.

If Scully is fit they have the bargain of the decade here but surely to expect, and get, a no risk trade like this is a laughable potential AFL sanctioned breach of the salary cap.

This organisation gets smellier by the day.

But... there is always a silver lining to the cloud. Setterfield (knee) and Fasolo (depression) come to us with pre-existing problems so, if those turn out to be career ending, we will be able to take advantage of this. Perhaps if we look hard enough we may find that McGovern stubbed his toe once whilst at Adelaide.

Is disappointing development career ending?

Pandoras Box right there.

The AFL Commission and Gil McLaclan had to get this approved by a higher authority - Alistair Clarkson, Scott Brothers triumvirate.

:rolleyes:

Apparently MEL want more than #5 for Hogan. Talk of Cerra or Brayshaw being inquired about.

Would people do #1 for Cerra and #5? #1 would apparently placate MEL for Hogan, as it gives them access to Lukosius or a King to replace Hogan down the line.

The Melbourne recruiting team should be drug tested if that is the case. And not for performance enhancing drugs either!

Shiel is not worth a top 5 pick this, next or any other year to come. His disposal is as wonderful as Andrew Carrazzo’s was. You don’t pay overs for a guy who will deliver lace out to the opposition. It’s not to say he couldn’t be handy but not at that price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra went at 5, with Brayshaw and Dow ahead of him. How does that work?
I know. Personal opinion. Professional opinion said otherwise. :)

Everyone sees things differently and again for me it would be Dow and Walsh as the two mids I'd want most from the past two years and it seems that at least the brains-trust at the CFC feel the same. :)

As you say, personal opinion, if those mids were in the same draft, I would have them in the following order

Cerra
Smith
Walsh
Dow/ (Constable)
Brayshaw

Depends if other clubs approach us or not. Maybe we get involved in Shiel if Essendon don't cough up picks but I suspect we won't be involved. I think we will also get Newman but there is some uncertainty about that as well.

Thanks mate

Depends if other clubs approach us or not. Maybe we get involved in Shiel if Essendon don't cough up picks but I suspect we won't be involved. I think we will also get Newman but there is some uncertainty about that as well.

Shame we're even discussing any potential gain of Shiel.
Essendon are committed and can't walk away now. They can.....but they just won't.

Looks like any possible shuffle of picks will be put aside for live trading now.
I still can't see the premium picks being exchanged come draft night, but anything is possible

The way the AFL.com site is dribbling on about how exciting the final day of the trade period will be has me definitely convinced these deals have been intentionally left until the last day...

The AFL really knows no bounds

All the deals have been sorted and will be done.
Definately arranged for television tonight.
The AFL not that far removed from the WWE these days in delivering entertainment first and foremost as entertainment =$$$ and thats always the bottom line for the AFL ...

As you say, personal opinion, if those mids were in the same draft, I would have them in the following order

Cerra
Smith
Walsh
Dow/ (Constable)
Brayshaw

So the CFC are going to get it wrong.........again. All that intel and they just can't get it right. Damn. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back