Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something here with this Essendon trade for Shiel?
if they trade next years first (as GWS rightly wants) they would have traded their first in 17 (Smith), 18(shiel), 19 (shiel) - that is 3 first round picks in 3 years with no incoming first round picks - under the rules doesn't this mean over 2019/2020 they would need to bring in 2 first round picks to make it a minimum of 2 in a 4 year period under the rules??
They would need to bring in another first round pick over the next 2 years to meet the requirement which would mean selling a good player for the additional pick they would require - hence the standoff.

Is this correct?

Could say the same about us with our trade wins couldnt u.. but here we are down the bottom
Completely different Port used their acquisitions to top up for a tilt at a flag failed miserably and are now selling off talent to get into the draft .
Weve used it to set up our future that will pay off in time .

carlton are clear leaders on pretty much every board's "who do you despise the most" poll - sort of brings a tear to the eye..........

Tall Poppy Syndrome from the pre 00's.

Are you a member anywhere in Sydney JaB?

I also moved down from Wagga to Dee Why last year because our kids were all here. I miss nothing about Wagga at all.

Still deciding - manly GC is very pretty and well manicured and just around the corner - but it is a bit too easy and too many members... Played Concord last week and they've destroyed the once great course- members were protesting it was to hard to play so they did a big renovation and made it too easy....hard to decide - from Manly New South Wales down at LaPerouse is a bit too far - but closes thing to National. I really like Long Reef but it is a public course - too busy too often..
sigh - nothing compares to The National - nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still deciding - manly GC is very pretty and well manicured and just around the corner - but it is a bit too easy and too many members... Played Concord last week and they've destroyed the once great course- members were protesting it was to hard to play so they did a big renovation and made it too easy....hard to decide - from Manly New South Wales down at LaPerouse is a bit too far - but closes thing to National. I really like Long Reef but it is a public course - too busy too often..
sigh - nothing compares to The National - nothing.

Had a look at Monash, Killara, or Ellanora?

Ellanora's a bit out of my league unfortunately but very, very good and I like the other two. Don't mind Mona Vale either, bit under rated I thought.

Would you think that Sos would consider Shiel and pick 14 for Pick 1

Wouldn't have thought so.

Now that Port have Pick 5 though...

Pick 1 for Picks 5 and 10.

Try and swing something involving Pick 10 and a swap of future picks?

OUT: 10, future first
IN: Shiel, 25, future first

Can't see GWS doing better next year given the list changes, while we should improve a bit, so it could be 10 and 6 for 12, 25 and Shiel.

Bit of risk for both clubs.
We'd be hoping to improve, while GWS stagnate a bit. 10 + 6 for 12, 25 + Shiel. Values Shiel at Pick 15.
GWS hope they improve while we finish bottom 3 again. 10 + 3 for 16, 25 + Shiel. Values Shiel at Pick ~5.
If it falls somewhere in between those extremes it's probably a decent deal.

Overall for us would be:
OUT - Pick 1, future first
IN - Pick 5, Pick 25, future first (GWS), Shiel

Pick 5 gets us a Smith/Rankine/Rozee option.
Pick 25 should get us a solid midfield option.

Golf - ******* stupid game IMO

beats fishing !

Ellanora's a bit out of my league unfortunately but very, very good and I like the other two. Don't mind Mona Vale either, bit under rated I thought.

Monash is a good Club - past Club captain is a good friend of mine I could end up there - but a lot of members makes or crowded Wed/Sat schedules...
Ellanora too far - Killara meh ...also the 'upper north shore' is not my kind of people....

I'd look at Monash from DeeWhy - nice friendly club.

beats fishing !

Monash is a good Club - past Club captain is a good friend of mine I could end up there - but a lot of members makes or crowded Wed/Sat schedules...
Ellanora too far - Killara meh ...also the 'upper north shore' is not my kind of people....

I'd look at Monash from DeeWhy - nice friendly club.

Take it to the Blue Room thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back