Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate put together the carlton presentation to the AFL after this when we went to the AFL for financial assistance..remember Smorgan saying we may go out of business. My mate said 4 clubs were present at the meeeting with the AFL. Essendon was one and basically said f carlton they can go under. Cwood he said said no..carlton have done so much for the history of the comp and when back on their feet will again.
F Essendon. Thosr C tried to bury us. Its why when they did their drugs those in the know at carlton loved it and said cop it you dogs
As much as i dislike dawks tigs and pies..I hate *

It is a race to 17th flag mate - who gets there first will hurt the other side a lot.:D

That was my initial thinking too, but Port has given up 6 and Wingard, so they have basically had a 1 place upgrade on their first pick, added pick 15, added Burton, and added Mayes. I watch the Lions regularly, and I'm not sure there would be too many Lions fans devastated to lose Mayes, even though he was an early pick.
Nah mayes and burton are great players. Wingard has been inconsistent and not always there. Not a true gun but maybe at hawks. Upgrade 6 to 5...... huge because pick 5 will land them a SA gun. Pick 6 may not. With a bonus pick 15 that may get a gem. This is gold by port. Ok by hawks. N well they get extra picks to brisbane. Port have killed the last 2 trade periods.

Reports GWS want 2 first round picks for Shiel and Dodoro says NO. They are stuck. Hmmmm

To be fair I wouldn't give that up if I was essendon. Gws asking for overs here imo given they pushed Shiel out, their cap issues and he's a FA next year who said he'd leave then.

But if they let him walk next year they'll probably get a pick 12-15 so 9 is not enticing enough. Need a bigger difference.

I'm still up for trading next years first and change for pick 2 or 3 from gc and give that to gws for Shiel.

Gws get a top 3 kid in a highly rated draft and we get the mature gun we are desperate for to kick start our charge up the ladder.

I expect that SOS has absolutely no interest in getting Shiel. Happy to be wrong. But I feel we have been disrespected and that isn't always a good idea...

554786186bb3f78f7d33ba2f-750-371.jpg
you're a funny guy

Nah mayes and burton are great players. Wingard has been inconsistent and not always there. Not a true gun but maybe at hawks. Upgrade 6 to 5...... huge because pick 5 will land them a SA gun. Pick 6 may not. With a bonus pick 15 that may get a gem. This is gold by port. Ok by hawks. N well they get extra picks to brisbane. Port have killed the last 2 trade periods.
Mayes and Burton are great players yet Wingard is inconsistent? :huh:

My mate put together the carlton presentation to the AFL after this when we went to the AFL for financial assistance..remember Smorgan saying we may go out of business. My mate said 4 clubs were present at the meeeting with the AFL. Essendon was one and basically said f carlton they can go under. Cwood he said said no..carlton have done so much for the history of the comp and when back on their feet will again.
F Essendon. Thosr C tried to bury us. Its why when they did their drugs those in the know at carlton loved it and said cop it you dogs
As much as i dislike dawks tigs and pies..I hate *
struggling to fault this measured response..........

I miss my farm ( a LOT) and The National Golf Club but I'm enjoying living on the beach at Manly in Sydney - back with extended family etc etc..my kids are working/living in Melbourne so I still get down a fair bit.

Are you a member anywhere in Sydney JaB?

I also moved down from Wagga to Dee Why last year because our kids were all here. I miss nothing about Wagga at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No....I watch a fair bit of Northern Blues as well....Graham is fantastic in the VFL where the pace is slower and he gets to use his skills....but gets caught out in AFL where the pace is much more frenetic.....unfortunately there's a history of players who fall in that category
Was referring to trading out Graham and other clubs seeing his "upside". Was a joke

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well given the collective efforts of Rockliff Watts Motlop + co that they got last year if theyd have killed it they would have been playing finals dont you think ?

Can't believe people aren't mentioning the Newman to Carlton deal. Is there anything bigger???

yes im bored
Well it hasn't happened yet. So I guess we are just waiting

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Great tracks. Play there a fair bit. Son & Cousin are members. Love the Moonah Course and keen to play new course when it opens

small world

The OLD is my favourite - even though they changed the play when the original club house was abandoned - which brought 4 of the hardest holes in play to start the game with ! LOL The Ocean's greens were always unfair in summer time - too much dome shape and too much slope all over the place it was a gentle touch and five prayers for any put when it got hot - also too much Thompson eccentricity in some holes - where hazards put in middle of fairways at around 220-30 meters where a decnt drive carries to...will interesting to visit it when it gets finished. Never liked Moonah as much as other two - a bit too much emphasis on distance off tee and that cross over par 3 is a bit of a silly - that said some breathtaking holes.

you've made me all nostalgic.:'(

Well given the collective efforts of Rockliff Watts Motlop + co that they got last year if theyd have killed it they would have been playing finals dont you think ?
Could say the same about us with our trade wins couldnt u.. but here we are down the bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back