Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary is criminally under appreciated. Really deserves an Oscar. One of those actors who can disappear into a role and the only way you know it's him is if you look at the credits.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Leon, True Romance, Vlad....

Best thin lipped actor of all time.

Agree Garlett, Pickett, Polson and Cuningham treading on very thin ice. Will be heavily scrutinized end year Le Bois will go too.
Not sure on Gibbons, Cottrell can’t see them as long term players .

Questions marks on 5 of these I can understand.

But Gibbons will become a very good player.

Has a footy brain, works hard. Will do whatever is required to succeed.

You can stop worrying about him.

Questions marks on 5 of these I can understand.
But Gibbons will become a very good player.
Has a footy brain, works hard. Will do whatever is required to succeed.
You can stop worrying about him.

Like Ellard? Not liking the look of his kicking and pairing up with Polson may well give us grunt, but there seems to be a distinct lack of class.

Still can't see how our forward line will function without some slippery smalls.

Like Ellard? Not liking the look of his kicking and pairing up with Polson may well give us grunt, but there seems to be a distinct lack of class.

Still can't see how our forward line will function without some slippery smalls.
I agree that we still lack some class small forwards, but the silver lining is that this year we can start our not-quite-there midfielders like Polson and Cunningham forward and have them rotate through the midfield with Murphy, Fisher, Corrtel and Gibbions resting forward. It gives us more opportunity to see who is knocking on the door to be a starting mid.

I agree that we still lack some class small forwards, but the silver lining is that this year we can start our not-quite-there midfielders like Polson and Cunningham forward and have them rotate through the midfield with Murphy, Fisher, Corrtel and Gibbions resting forward. It gives us more opportunity to see who is knocking on the door to be a starting mid.

Our starting mids won't be an issue, if all are healthy; Cripps, Kennedy, Setterfield, Dow, Fisher and eventually Walsh & Stocker gives us depth and flexibility.

Question is, what will our favoured starting six be?
If the extractors do the extracting and ball enters our forward 50 regularly, who's going to be there when the ball hits the deck?
Who have we got that can make good, of that situation. I don't care so much for watching Polson or Gibbons wrapping the opposition up as much as I would be seeing the smalls kicking goals.

The tall forwards are still going to take time to mature and become a potent force and they won't be marking everything that comes their way, so who have we got that will make good when the ball spills from their hands. Murphy. That's all I have.

Wouldn't be at all surprised for Murphy to kick 30 goals this year. Just don't see anything like even a 20 coming from any other non-tall.

Wouldn't be at all surprised for Murphy to kick 30 goals this year. Just don't see anything like even a 20 coming from any other non-tall.
Fasolo will contribute around 30 goals, imo will be good for at least a goal a game plus will kick the occasional 'bag' of 3 or 4.

But he doesn't actually play like a traditional small so your point still stands, we are going to struggle to get scoreboard contributions from the smaller forwards. Gibbons could be a player that provides scoreboard impact this year, I'm hoping that he can find a lot of the footy across half-forward whilst also getting in dangerous positions and proving a threat closer to goal.

Fasolo will contribute around 30 goals, imo will be good for at least a goal a game plus will kick the occasional 'bag' of 3 or 4.

But he doesn't actually play like a traditional small so your point still stands, we are going to struggle to get scoreboard contributions from the smaller forwards. Gibbons could be a player that provides scoreboard impact this year, I'm hoping that he can find a lot of the footy across half-forward whilst also getting in dangerous positions and proving a threat closer to goal.

Looks to me as though we're going to struggle and maybe we have no choice but to drop in some terriers, who will at least stop the ball from heading out, allowing us to set-up and then what? Who have we got as goal-kickers thereafter. Murphy and maybe Petrevski-Seton can make something out of nothing.
We have no magic up forward. Up front.......there is no magic.

The premiers had Ryan kick 20 from 13 games and Rioli 28 from 24 games. Coincidence?
Both players only debuted last year. Not bad.

Looks to me as though we're going to struggle and maybe we have no choice but to drop in some terriers, who will at least stop the ball from heading out, allowing us to set-up and then what? Who have we got as goal-kickers thereafter. Murphy and maybe Petrevski-Seton can make something out of nothing.

The premiers had Ryan kick 20 from 13 games and Rioli 28 from 24 games. Coincidence?
I feel like there is a hidden message here :think:

I feel like there is a hidden message here :think:

Better situation than ..... There are no midfielders here. Here. We have no midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back