Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium talent is hard to come by, JL has that. AFL needs to help GC retain these kids, extra cap space, whatever is required.

Why? I honestly don't hink the AFL needs two teams in QLD.

Haha Ricky! As if favourite son JSOS Silvagni would ever depart his heritage club. :D
A few months ago i went to a meet and greet night where Jack and Sam Walsh were the guests.
During the night Jack was praising Freo and saying that he thought they were a very very good team and was really impressed by then. That has stuck in my.mind. Then SOS was seen having that meeting with Ross Lyon and now this tweet from Ricky Nixon.
Im hoping im reading way too much into this.

Last edited:
I'm not here to argue the merits of a second team in QLD. It happened and we now owe it to the young players there for it not to be a debacle, hate to see careers wasted.

I don't owe GC anything mate, wasn't my decision. And after he first 2 years of servitude the young players can leave which they are doing. People vote with there feet and do not support the games up there.

They have an 11800 average attendance up there. Pathetic and NOT sustainable without draining other clubs coffers.

A few months ago i went to a meet and greet night where Jack and Sam Walsh were the guests.
During the night Jack was praising Freo and saying that he thought they were a very very and was really impressed by then. That has stuck in my.mind. Then SOS was seen having that meeting with Ross Lyon and now this tweet from Ricky Nixon.
Im hoping im reading way too much into this.

Very, very...what? 😀
And Papley was very complimentary to us post our game.

I don't owe GC anything mate, wasn't my decision. And after he first 2 years of servitude the young players can leave which they are doing. People vote with there feet and do not support the games up there.

They have an 11800 average attendance up there. Pathetic and NOT sustainable without draining other clubs coffers.

11,800 is actually quite good for an atrocious team.

I'd be encouraged if I was an AFL executive.

Betts still not happy.

A number of players are not a fan of Pyke, they love Teague. Hutchy has been saying something similar.

There is certainly unrest in Adelaide.
Pyke has done a great job of destroying that footy club with that torture camp at the end of 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If people want to be mad at Ricky Nixon, they only have the club that gave him his start to blame.

Which was us. He debuted in 83 and while he only played 4 games it was enough to get him another 59 between Saints and Hawthorn and voila.

In a total reverse of last year, the player will be far more willing to join us and the Giants will be much harder to strike a deal with:

* Teague coaching is a definite plus
* Andrew Russell is a huge draw card
* the huge financial deal - hard to turn down
* not having Mark Williams involved helps!

But:

Pick 11 in this year’s draft would not be enough for a potential trade. Who else would we add to a trade deal?

I saw Ricky Nixon on Bay St in Port Melbourne during the week and his bag of groceries split and went all over the road, then he swore at them. I had a good chuckle :tearsofjoy:
I shouldn’t have laughed as hard as I did at this post

In a total reverse of last year, the player will be far more willing to join us and the Giants will be much harder to strike a deal with:

* Teague coaching is a definite plus
* Andrew Russell is a huge draw card
* the huge financial deal - hard to turn down
* not having Mark Williams involved helps!

But:

Pick 11 in this year’s draft would not be enough for a potential trade. Who else would we add to a trade deal?

What trade?

That's a pretty good team then! 11 tackles means more to me than the other stats. Really put his head down

Don't know where this perception has come from that he's somehow conditional or doesn't work hard enough. Jack Martin, if he comes to us, would instantly be our second best tackler behind Cripps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back