Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were rumours floating around a month or so back regarding Isac Smith and a potential move to the dogs, it was dismissed by Smith and the Hawks, but there is something here.

Smith does not like Clarkson as a person, never has and didn't take too well to being overlooked as skipper and demoted from vice captain, my source mentioned he was interested in us and the Dogs and is adamant that he won't be at the Hawks next year.

There were rumours floating around a month or so back regarding Isac Smith and a potential move to the dogs, it was dismissed by Smith and the Hawks, but there is something here.

Smith does not like Clarkson as a person, never has and didn't take too well to being overlooked as skipper and demoted from vice captain, my source mentioned he was interested in us and the Dogs and is adamant that he won't be at the Hawks next year.
Post it on the No Discussion thread too. Could do with something fresh.

Probably a Hawks connection (Beveridge & BB when around), much like Suckling.

I know hes a pest, but if Cogs does end up re signing id love to think that Toby Green was the other 'big name player' alluded to. 35 touch 8 clearance 1 goal mid when hes had to cover there and he can shift forward and turn a game on its head when hes playing deep.

I just feel like Harry and him would be great mates talking trash non stop and we'd have our official rolls royce replacement for Jed Lamb for Hawks games. Obviously probably miss him 1 or 2 games per year through suspension but like Mitch Robbo those guys who have a bit of white line fever are just real team lifters when they are up and about, also he's seemingly matured the last couple of years from all reports. Would be great for transitioning players for us too as he plays similar to Lachie Neale in the guts as more of a ball winning distributor and once Dow, Walsh, SPS, Setters all come through he could spend more time forward, it would be like having Robbie Gray in a team that could actually cover the position he's not playing each game.

Only big issue is he's already on a long contract around a mil a year, so other than clearing up space for future and coming back to VIC theres really no reason he'd leave, also happens to be best mates with Cogs up at GWS. But I can still dream of a day where an oppo team is getting stuck into Crippa and Toby comes in and lays one of them out flat and goes and bags 4 on Sicily versus the hawks, always had a soft spot for Lamb and his antics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know hes a pest, but if Cogs does end up re signing id love to think that Toby Green was the other 'big name player' alluded to. 35 touch 8 clearance 1 goal mid when hes had to cover there and he can shift forward and turn a game on its head when hes playing deep.

I just feel like Harry and him would be great mates talking trash non stop and we'd have our official rolls royce replacement for Jed Lamb for Hawks games. Obviously probably miss him 1 or 2 games per year through suspension but like Mitch Robbo those guys who have a bit of white line fever are just real team lifters when they are up and about, also he's seemingly matured the last couple of years from all reports. Would be great for transitioning players for us too as he plays similar to Lachie Neale in the guts as more of a ball winning distributor and once Dow, Walsh, SPS, Setters all come through he could spend more time forward, it would be like having Robbie Gray in a team that could actually cover the position he's not playing each game.

Only big issue is he's already on a long contract around a mil a year, so other than clearing up space for future and coming back to VIC theres really no reason he'd leave, also happens to be best mates with Cogs up at GWS. But I can still dream of a day where an oppo team is getting stuck into Crippa and Toby comes in and lays one of them out flat and goes and bags 4 on Sicily versus the hawks, always had a soft spot for Lamb and his antics.
pipe dream sorta stuff that, would be nice though even tho i hate the guy.

I'm not here to argue the merits of a second team in QLD. It happened and we now owe it to the young players there for it not to be a debacle, hate to see careers wasted.

I too want to see the Gold Coast players stick it out and show some loyalty.

Except for the uncontrcated, talented ones that want to come to Carlton, of course.

It will be pick 10 or lower, pending a GC Pp and a bid for Green. So pick 12 at worst case.

I would expect a shuffle of later picks in our favour
That still gets it done for Papley IMO if he decides to come back to Vic. Sydney accepted a first rounder for Mitchell

I wouldn’t have thought the dogs need a 30 year old wingman, have no problem with run and skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back