Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumour is he wants out. So it doesn't really matter if he's their best defender.

Oh good gravy. This is like a remake of the 1960s movie Exodus,with Donny Pyke playing Paul Newman's role. (Never saw the movie so I am guessing here :) l

Still doubt he gets traded though. Would take a pretty special offer to pry him away. And we need to use our currency elsewhere, as good a player as Talia is.

No way Talia is on the market folks. Wishful thinking. Why would Adelaide trade their best KPD (especially under contract)

Also I think we are a much bigger chance to get Papley than most of you think.

I think the Swans are willing to talk turkey, it's just a matter if we can convince Tom P to join us.
What's wrong with us? I feel like we are the Orphans.

I’d prefer Daisy Thomas to Sam Gray ... there I said it.

:cry:

EDlgil0UYAAjMcl

No way would I get rid of Jones for a 28 year old Talia. Waste of time. Our efforts should be in plugging our deficiencies not replacing like for like.

Even if it's not like for like, where's the clear cut advantage there? Don't care a few percent here or a few percent there.
The players we bring in have to be 20-50% better than for what we have, so with Talia what would we get and how much would it cost?
Not even worth thinking about...............when you think about it.

Sam Gray isn't a big ticket item, but we could do worse.
We could do better and will do better, but I wouldn't say no to him for a lazy back-end pick and little money.
He could be that Wright-type pick-up, that functions because he has a spot to walk straight into if we don't get Papley........and maybe even if we do.

I know it's not worth much but Tom Morris saying we're Martin's preference now (then Dogs, then *).
I think he was clever with his wording to make it seem that way,
he didn't really say that the Dogs were actually his preference.
The only thing of any substance I got out of what he said was that the Dogs offer is better than Carltons, which we've known the whole time

I don't know about that, I think Murphy went through a phase of ducking exactly as Selwood does/did. He was never as bad as him don't get me wrong, he didn't do it anywhere near as often, but there were plenty of times I kinda grimaced a bit after he was awarded the free. It was only for a few of seasons, but he definitely did it

If Murphy hadn't have had the concussion issues he did, it probably wouldn't have stopped to be honest. I have genuine fears for Joel Selwood's health in retirement with the number of concussions he's had. Hopefully someone is monitoring his cognitive function closely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could never see the appeal with Constable. Sure he can get it 25 times a game playing on ball, so can Nick Graham/gibbons/jsos/Kennedy. Can’t play a full midfield of slow accumulator mids

JSOS has never got the ball 25 times in a match and Kennedy looked totally lost playing anywhere but half forward this year. Cons table is in his second year of footy.

In an ideal world, we would poach Rowan Marshall or Reilly O'Brien, but that is as likely as me winning the Miss Universe pageant.

How would you achieve world peace, Elmer?

You have 30 seconds..... Go!

Although Martin has clear question marks over his intensity and consistency, he has been part of a poorly run club from the top down, with a toxic culture.

I see someone with Martin's talent and skill as exciting. You put him in a better system, with much better support structures, a better culture and environment and others who can do the heavy lifting and he could be anything as a footballer. You've seen what teams like Richmond have done with talented youths who just need a strong, enriching environment to Express themselves and reach their potential.

We are crying out for a talented forward-mid with some x factor. They do not come around often. I feel like Martin is the one we really need. Being out of contract in contrast to someone like Papley helps.

If we could trade pick 8 to GWS or another club for two picks in the teens. Trade 1 for Martin and a pick 30 odd coming back then pick 8 becomes Martin and two picks. Other pick in the teens could be bundled with 2020 1st for Wines, Gray and a 3rd coming back. Get Cutler and Darcy cheap and all of a sudden we have added Martin, Wines, Gray, Cutler and Darcy to our list. We have enough talented kids - this would be a huge boost to our depth.

Edit. I'm not wearing optimistic blue coloured glasses or anything

JSOS has never got the ball 25 times in a match and Kennedy looked totally lost playing anywhere but half forward this year. Cons table is in his second year of footy.

Because we have Cripps in our team we have to be very careful about bringing in other slow mids.
Love Crippa and his running and agility has certainly improved, but he's still not a great runner or spreader from a contest - he's the first to admit it.

I don't think Constable would be a good fit for our midfield specifically for that reason.

Interesting that Tom Morris (i know) has said this about Sam Gray:
'Am told Sam Gray is a very good chance to get to the Saints.'

I could believe that Teague isn't overly keen on Gray and if it came down to a decision between him or Betts, would push hard for Betts instead.
While SOS would prefer Gray.

Would prefer Tom Papley to Sam Gray....There, I said it..

No doubt 102% of Carlton fans would agree. But if it's Tom Papley for 2 first-rounders (outrageous, IMHO) vs Sam Gray for a 3rd rounder, does it change your view?

Not read much since yesterday. Any news of the mega 3 way trade involving Oliver, Shuey and Cripps yet ?
A summary of what I missed since late yesterday would be nice if anyone got the time.
Thanks in advance.

Been offered the whole first round of this years draft for Cripps but we are digging in for the whole second round as well, won’t go through until right on deadline if it happens at all.

Jones might have more strings than Talia but his flaws hurt us at times.
(Cost is the game against Melbourne)

I like what Jones gives us, just think Talia is a big upgrade.

I would agre on upgrade, but wouldn't say big

Then comes the cost and with limited capital (picks), I would rather we use that elsewhere

Although Martin has clear question marks over his intensity and consistency, he has been part of a poorly run club from the top down, with a toxic culture.

I see someone with Martin's talent and skill as exciting. You put him in a better system, with much better support structures, a better culture and environment and others who can do the heavy lifting and he could be anything as a footballer. You've seen what teams like Richmond have done with talented youths who just need a strong, enriching environment to Express themselves and reach their potential.

We are crying out for a talented forward-mid with some x factor. They do not come around often. I feel like Martin is the one we really need. Being out of contract in contrast to someone like Papley helps.

If we could trade pick 8 to GWS or another club for two picks in the teens. Trade 1 for Martin and a pick 30 odd coming back then pick 8 becomes Martin and two picks. Other pick in the teens could be bundled with 2020 1st for Wines, Gray and a 3rd coming back. Get Cutler and Darcy cheap and all of a sudden we have added Martin, Wines, Gray, Cutler and Darcy to our list. We have enough talented kids - this would be a huge boost to our depth.

Edit. I'm not wearing optimistic blue coloured glasses or anything

Can't see anyone paying big to get our Pick 8, especially GWS. They need to get in early before a bid for Green, which is likely to be somewhere in the top 4-5 picks.

Nobody else has two firsts, so we'd be looking at a finalist who wanted to trade their first rounder plus a future first to get up the order. Doubtful before draft night, there's just too much uncertainty about how the top 15 are rated. On draft night, if someone saw a player available at our pick who they thought would be gone, maybe we get lucky. But that's too late to help us with Martin.

Best bet is just to trade 8 to Gold Coast for Martin and ~17 (Brisbane's pick). Shuffle some later picks to balance it.

Yeah, but Rhys Palmer something something culture :p

Seriously, that's a pretty good statement by Daisy. Guy gets controversially cut by the club and his reaction is 'DAYAMN! I'm gonna miss out on all the success that is around the corner'....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back