Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's all well and good, but Brisbane made it clear last year that they were interested in Robbo but waited till we delisted him to get him for free.

agreed but we leveraged Doc etc etc.

No tit for tat because it doesn't take long for you to be on the other end of it.

Besides #20 for Aish is sharp business, particularly if we have Carlisle lined up for PSD#1.

Win/Win for us and Brisbane. They get to say that they got some value while helping an unhappy young man make a fresh start.

And the Bombres, a club notoriously tough to deal with, gets screwed over. It won't do our trading reputation much harm TBH

agreed but we leveraged Doc etc etc.

No tit for tat because it doesn't take long for you to be on the other end of it.

Besides #20 for Aish is sharp business, particularly if we have Carlisle lined up for PSD#1.

Win/Win for us and Brisbane. They get to say that they got some value while helping an unhappy young man make a fresh start.

And the Bombres, a club notoriously tough to deal with, gets screwed over. It won't do our trading reputation much harm TBH

After hearing what Damian Barrett said on trade radio (yeah yeah, what does he know?), he said he wouldn't even give up a top 30 pick for Aish.

What chance is he to go to the bombers. Considering he done all that process with us

I think, not much.

He'd know a lot about us and the direction we are looking to take. If he was going to accept our offer, I don't think the sudden availability of a job at another similarly troubled club would sway him to make a snap decision to go there.

Unless there was some serious cloak and dagger shit going on.

I think, not much.

He'd know a lot about us and the direction we are looking to take. If he was going to accept our offer, I don't think the sudden availability of a job at another similarly troubled club would sway him to make a snap decision to go there.

Unless there was some serious cloak and dagger shit going on.
I would have thought Lloyd would be the number one choice given his family connections with the club.

Going off the rumours of the last few weeks

Bell & Pick 21 to Bris - Aish & pick 40
Yazz & Pick 40 to Rich - pick 14 & pick 51
Hendo to Cats - pick 10
Pick 13 to Suns - Pick 20 & pick 23
Pick 20 to Swans - T Mitchell
Pick 10 & Pick 51 to GWS - Patton & Lamb.

We get Aish , Mitchell, Patton & Lamb & downgrade our 2nd pick from 21 to 23.
great! then add Weitering (pick 1), Rice (pick 23), SOSOS (4th/5th rounder) and Carlisle (psd)

Probably not, but one would hope his defender instincts would help him intercept a few - relying on that instead of speed. At least he wouldn't need to raise his arms above his head as much...

You think Jamo is going spoil the ball with his teeth?

Jamo is slow as a dogs testicles on peptides....

Gibbo on the other had....fast, reads the play exceptional well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon is literally the only club in the land I'm confident of beating to Coach/Player X's signature. The list is broken mentally and has a large draft penalty sized hole in it. Their midfield is thinner than ours. Plus, no coach worth their salt would want to coach a VFL side next year.

Anyone who takes that job over ours is not worth hiring imo.

Swann on record saying they will not accept unders for Aish and will make an example of him (by sending him into PSD)

Win/win really
Cutting off their nose then.
Might as well get something for him.

Two things.

1. The more I hear about SOS' plans, the more I'm warming to him. General Patton is high risk but the reward/upside is outrageous.

2. * sacking Hird early to nab Bolton is a perfect reenactment of our own club's desperation and unprofessionalism in 2012. Hopefully Hawthorn have instilled enough contempt for * that Bolton will tell them exactly where to stick their offer.

Could be a big year for us in theory

IN:
Pick 1 - Weitering/Schache
Pick 10 or so from Geelong or better
Pick 13 or so from Richmond or better
Pick 19 - ???
Rice
Silvagni
Patton
Carlisle
Aish

OUT:
Delisted dead wood
Yarran, Kreuzer, Henderson

Not sure what we would have to give up for Carlisle or Patton through but I think Patton would be a very achievable get being a Melbourne boy with a fair few injuries and a Silvagni connection.

You add a few good young key position players like Carlisle, Schache/Weitering, Patton and Silvagni to go with Jaksch and Giles and we're starting to look pretty bright and sunny. If it's at the expense of a flanker, ruckman and poor qualit tall forward yet good CHB then we're really winning and doing things properly. Throw in a good young small for free in Aish and a couple in the draft to go with Graham, Cripps etc and we're rebuilding right. I really really hope we have a big crack at this.

Not too bad a version of a rebuilding side in a year or two's time based off all of this, certainly laying some big foundation if we can land all these players.
B: Touhy Weitering Jaksch/Giles
HB: Sheehan Carlisle Rice
C: Byrne Murphy Gibbs
HF: Aish Patton Menzel
F: Silvagni Casboult Docherty
OB: ??? Cripps Graham
IC: Everitt Thomas Bell Curnow
Picks 10, 13, 19 probably likely to be senior footballers

A Carlton team with a spine, would be unreal to see for a change. If it turns to being a good spine then we just work on trading and drafting and pumping up the midfield and peripherals and we're there.

I'm hearing the opposite of what Fernando2Gibbs is reporting.

-Given we finish last Aish will almost definitely be a blue next year - So Aish will definitely not be a Blue next year and we won't finish last.
-Yarran gone, like reported Richmond have been in contact. Likely for their first round pick. Yarran staying, Richmond have not been in contact and they'd only offer their last pick.
-Patton is one we are interested in. - Not interested in Patton.
-Henderson a chance to stay, depending on contract talks. SOS not too keen to re-sign him - Henderson no chance to stay but SOS is super keen to keep him.

Does that about cover it? :)

Nothing in Patton.
Tiges not so keen on Yaz.
Henderson is gone to Geelong, we get their first.
Aish not a certainty.

Damn you replied first.

I would lean your way I guess. Hard to extract players. Tigers don't want to give up first rounder. Henderson out of contract and G-O-N-E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back