Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOS tried to sell us Liam Sumner last year, I reckon we could get him almost for free this year.

Pick 10 in Docherty's draft year and cruelled by injury (and poor form) ever since. Speedy winger/flanker.

Though with Lamb the better target we would have to make more space on our list. Maybe a rookie pick would do the trick.

I'm telling you, that's what Geelong are looking to give us (their first pick, might be 12ish)

Explains why SOS is not as keen to match the contract as it's a great deal for us.

Then they are crazy, If we are really honest with ourselves he's worth a second rounder

Then they are crazy, If we are really honest with ourselves he's worth a second rounder

Recruiters look at their entire body of work, not just the season that you basically have them signed up and out the door already. They didn't just look at him this year and decide they want him. He's from the Geelong area. If we were looking at recruiting him and were giving up our first pick then I'd be hesitant too on current form but I would say it's a fair trade if they can get Henderson to play his best. They mightn't rate this draft either.

If we're judging players on current form then James Aish isn't worth pick 99

Recruiters look at their entire body of work, not just the season that you basically have them signed up and out the door already. They didn't just look at him this year and decide they want him. He's from the Geelong area. If we were looking at recruiting him and were giving up our first pick then I'd be hesitant too on current form but I would say it's a fair trade if they can get Henderson to play his best. They mightn't rate this draft either.

I'm judging on his time in Blue. Our opinions can differ, that's fine. I think he's been a good solid player for us over his time and a second round pick is about his worth. Kudos to the club if we get a lower pick. I'd be surprised but certainly happy with that.

If Geelong get Dangerfield and Henderson, both local lads, and give up pick 12ish in the process I think they'll be very happy indeed.

If Geelong get Dangerfield and Henderson, both local lads, and give up pick 12ish in the process I think they'll be very happy indeed.
When you look at it that way then they have done very well indeed. But don't think Geelong have sewn up Dangerfield, do not discount Hawthorn. They are looming as a dark horse to secure Paddy, so as I said do not be surprised.

Another one I've heard and I'm not too sure how good the mail is on this one is that Wells(Kangaroos) will give it up at the end of the year. Doesn't really concern us though ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you look at it that way then they have done very well indeed. But don't think Geelong have sewn up Dangerfield, do not discount Hawthorn. They are looming as a dark horse to secure Paddy, so as I said do not be surprised.

Another one I've heard and I'm not too sure how good the mail is on this one is that Wells(Kangaroos) will give it up at the end of the year. Doesn't really concern us though ....
Has Wells played much this year ?? I cant even recall him playing this year.

Geez, won't the S*** hit the fan surrounding Free Agency if the Hawks secure Dangerfield.

Had a short conversation with an acquaintance today, who's well-connected with some of the recruiters who attend U18 games. He wouldn't tell me much, but he told me that if Carlton get the #1 pick this AFL draft, it's 100% between Weitering and Schache, and as of right now, Schache is a slight favourite.

#bluemour
Anyone heard about this yet?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Never heard of those two before.

No way we will get pick 10. We really do overrate our players. I've been guilty of it too in the past. A lot of us need to be far more realistic.

They gave pick 19 for Stanley. Anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back