Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So;

1. Must take 2 first rounders in a 4 year cycle. So Geelong can trade the next two but then cant trade the following two.

2. If you trade a future first you can't trade a future 2nd or 3rd.

3. Can only trade one year into the future.
Yep.

So if they sent us the 1st rounder in 2016, I'd be surprised if they traded this years first. It's allowed but would restrict their trading potential until 2018.

Yep.

So if they sent us the 1st rounder in 2016, I'd be surprised if they traded this years first. It's allowed but would restrict their trading potential until 2018.
Yeah but theyre clearly setting up their squad this season.
Dangers, Selwood and Henderson means another finals push.

In fact Danger was probably promised they would make other big aquisitions to become competitive again.

Collingwood reminds me a lot of us a few years back, a team floundering middle of the ladder with inflated expectations and a bucket load of players linked to them. They're probably better off but they still have to trade for all these players and may find themselves short on if they aren't willing to offer first round picks. Going to be really interesting, especially watching St. Kilda and Essendon attempt to striking up a deal for Carlisle. Real get your popcorn out stuff. We at least have real currency for a change, our only issue is our position on the ladder and better management regarding what we're willing to pay blokes.

Happy not to over pay anyone. Glad our departing players, who are worth mid to late first rounders, are locked in a situation where the only way they get to go where they want to go is via a trade.

It would be wrong of us not to have a go at Treloar, quality player and we should be making sure that if we don't get him that who ever does pays full price or more.

Thats simply not true.

Freo planning on trading this and next years first for McCarthy according to report.

Please source me on where this rule is
Thought I'd read that - perhaps it was that you can't trade your first two picks in consecutive years or for more than 2...

All good - cheers for the clarification!

Hopefully that wouldn't mean Hawthorn cant trade away 18 for Yarran? They've traded away all their first round picks for years.

You can kiss goodbye to pick nine. It seems Geelong and Adelaide are close to a deal that sends Danger to the Cattery for their first rounder and most likely a player like Murdoch, according to Paul Connors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are likely to get their 2016 first pick according to Petroro

Well that's okay then, although clearly it probably won't be as good as pick 9, although I assume next year's draft is better.

Paul Connors
Who is he? Whats his strike rate like on getting things right?

The latest rumours is that Adelaide won't be matching the Cats offer if they went the FA route.

And I doubt that the cats would want to get themselves locked into not trading their first round picks in 2017/18.

I can see the Cats taking Danger on a FA agreement and trading pick 9 to Carlton for Henderson.

PS: Please please please stop taking as absolute as fact any bullshit that some media muppet spouts out.

The latest rumours is that Adelaide won't be matching the Cats offer if they went the FA route.

And I doubt that the cats would want to get themselves locked into not trading their first round picks in 2017/18.

I can see the Cats taking Danger on a FA agreement and trading pick 9 to Carlton for Henderson.

PS: Please please please stop taking as absolute as fact any bullshit that some media muppet spouts out.
Paul Connors is a player manager.

Paul Connors is a player manager.
It seems that he is Dangerfields manager... seems he hasnt bothered to look at the news today where it is being stated that Adelaide would be open to just taking a compo pick to the draft along with their original first round pick. It could be that they have decided to let Dangerfield walk rather than get into protracted trade talks which may or may not get resolved before the end of the trade period at which point, they could lose Danger to the draft.

Pretty piss poor effort in keeping up with current affairs concerning your player.

It seems that he is Dangerfields manager... seems he hasnt bothered to look at the news today where it is being stated that Adelaide would be open to just taking a compo pick to the draft along with their original first round pick. It could be that they have decided to let Dangerfield walk rather than get into protracted trade talks which may or may not get resolved before the end of the trade period at which point, they could lose Danger to the draft.

Pretty piss poor effort in keeping up with current affairs concerning your player.

haha sorry to be a douche, but you just contradicted yourself pretty badly!!!

ps, i noticed yesterday you were having an ankle discussion, I did a bad grade 2 /3 tear 10 weeks ago and I am playing round 1 cricket tomorrow :)

Well that's okay then, although clearly it probably won't be as good as pick 9, although I assume next year's draft is better.
Yeah definitely happy with next years first rounder, particularly as you say , next year being better quality. Hellava lot better than rumored second round Walker business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back