Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARLTON is likely to demand versatile Richmond youngster Ben Lennon when it heads to the trade table to deal for want-away speedster Chris Yarran.

Having been dropped midway through the year for “failing to meet on-field standards”, Yarran has requested a trade from the Blues and is almost certain to land at the Tigers.

Carlton can afford to be bold when discussing trade options for Yarran, who remains under contract until the end of the 2016 season.

Taken with pick six in the 2008 national draft, Yarran has played 119 games at the Blues but has excited and frustrated in equal measure.

The out-of-contract Lennon is yet to renew his deal at Richmond after saying in August he would “finish off the year and probably think about it”.

The 20-year-old has played 16 games after being taken with the Tigers’ first pick at the 2013 national draft.

He was nominated for the Rising Star in Round 22 this year, but was dropped just two weeks later ahead of the side’s elimination final against North Melbourne.

Lennon was drafted from the Northern Knights, was a boyhood Carlton supporter and is close friends with Dylan Buckley.

942243-d9b64dd6-60ea-11e5-a366-6ffd7a84795b.jpg
That high pitched noise is the sound of 70,000 sphincters tightening.

I hope the Murph rumour is a load of tripe. If it isn't then it's concerning... But I cannot see Murph acting that way.. Please let sanity and stability prevail! Last thing we need is jealousy of the young blokes...

The Murphy rumour sounds like crap.
If u watch his post bnf video on the Carlton website he has nothing but praise for Crippa and even says he will most likely win a lot BNFs in the future.

I think it is purely his initial reaction where he looked a little bit underwhelmed about something. I noticed it at the time myself but wasn't about to speculate what it was about. Might have had a few too many or something.

I think someone has just extrapolated from there.

I think it is purely his initial reaction where he looked a little bit underwhelmed about something. I noticed it at the time myself but wasn't about to speculate what it was about. Might have had a few too many or something.

His arm was in a sling, obviously from the recent operation to repair his shoulder. He couldnt even get a jacket on over the top. Maybe his shoulder was hurting

Maybe he thought he was a certainty and had already spent the bonus money On a new in ground pool for the house. That look on his face was him wishing he had have just gone to big w and got himself a $200 above grounder. Just like when Clarke Griswlad was expecting a cash bonus at Christmas to put in a pool but instead gets a membership to a club for a year. Lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His arm was in a sling, obviously from the recent operation to repair his shoulder. He couldnt even get a jacket on over the top. Maybe his shoulder was hurting

Maybe. I'm not suggesting anything. Just confirming that I saw some sort of flat reaction from Murph at the time so that part wasn't made up. I just don't think you can read into it because there could be a myriad of reasons.

Might have been just my reading of it too because although pleased for Cripps, I thought Murph probably deserved to win it and I was a little sad for him at the time.

I thought the longer Crippa took to name Murph in his thankyou speech, the more disappointed Murph appeared. When he finally got to Murph, I thought he relaxed a bit...can't be easy knowing you're on T.V, are the captain of the club and runner-up to the 2nd youngest b&f winner in history who is thanking everyone else.

Edit: When originally watching, I was almost praying for Crippa to turn around and get to Skip.

Last edited:
Maybe. I'm not suggesting anything. Just confirming that I saw some sort of flat reaction from Murph at the time so that part wasn't made up. I just don't think you can read into it because there could be a myriad of reasons.

Might have been just my reading of it too because although pleased for Cripps, I thought Murph probably deserved to win it and I was a little sad for him at the time.

Murph' s initial reaction had nothing to do with Crippa winning the b&f.

He was re-enacting SOS's reaction to Carlton using pick 19 on boekhorst.

Pretty sure...

Don't know if this was posted earlier. I zoned out when them Richmond supporters were flapping about.

Salary cap loophole to ease the burden of Jones' contract.

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/the-sala...ould-use-with-liam-jones-20150921-gjrr0y.html

Despite reading that article, I'm sceptical about that loophole existing. Bulldogs could do the same to put Boyd's contract outside the cap. Or swans and buddy. Surely not.

Plus the article ignores the fact that half of rookie wages count towards salary cap. Not a minor detail when focusing on such a plan.

Despite reading that article, I'm sceptical about that loophole existing. Bulldogs could do the same to put Boyd's contract outside the cap. Or swans and buddy. Surely not.

Plus the article ignores the fact that half of rookie wages count towards salary cap. Not a minor detail when focusing on such a plan.
Would need to be rookied by the same club, both Buddy and Boyd unlikely to make it past enough clubs to be picked up by their existing clubs, we have pick one so are guaranteed to be able to get Jones.

Would need to be rookied by the same club, both Buddy and Boyd unlikely to make it past enough clubs to be picked up by their existing clubs, we have pick one so are guaranteed to be able to get Jones.

Agree, Jab. Was going to mention that would only really work for a team with pick 1 or 2, but didn't want to get too technical. I actually mentioned earlier in the year as a left field idea, what would stop us delisting and then rookie-ing krooz. Could offer him 500k and only half counts to the cap.

Also, how many clubs would pick up the rest of buddy's contract? None would at face value and I'm not sure all would even at half price...

In regards to Murph... I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he were disappointed in not winning the B&F. However, that doesn't mean that his disappointment was directed towards Cripps. It, more than likely, could be a case of being angry and disappointed in himself for getting hurt. If I'm right and that's what it is that's not even a negative. It's a very big positive. Shows the type of ticker that you need in a leader - someone that wants to win everything that they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back