Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dow has had ample opportunities to leave Carlton and hasn't wanted to. It is very rare to find a kid like him, who is willing to continually be a fringe player, not take big money, go back to the twos, work on his game, take criticisms and constructive feedback and still hold his head high and work.
If the offer is 3 years, it puts him in a position to continue to do this, he obviously loves the club and this team, and has consistently shown he's willing to do what ever is asked of him. It also gives us more leverage for future trade value if in a year or twos time he really does want to move on.

If this deal is what eventuates, then this is one of the biggest signs of a successful culture shift our club has had for many years, in my opinion.
Spot on.

Dow has had ample opportunities to leave Carlton and hasn't wanted to. It is very rare to find a kid like him, who is willing to continually be a fringe player, not take big money, go back to the twos, work on his game, take criticisms and constructive feedback and still hold his head high and work.
If the offer is 3 years, it puts him in a position to continue to do this, he obviously loves the club and this team, and has consistently shown he's willing to do what ever is asked of him. It also gives us more leverage for future trade value if in a year or twos time he really does want to move on.

If this deal is what eventuates, then this is one of the biggest signs of a successful culture shift our club has had for many years, in my opinion.
whack :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

It’s brilliant, used it for 2 months a couple of years ago.
Wish it was an option back in 1999 living in the UK for 12 months, had to go to walkabout inn to watch live one of 2 games for the week or wait every Tuesday for the TNT newspaper to get the results and news which used to consist of 2-3 pages…that’s how it was back then young whipper snappers!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was over there around then, vividly remember walking into a random Village Pub and low and behold Baggers V Dogs was on, LIVE!!!!! Didn't matter that we lost I saw them!!! Might have been The Trout in Oxon.... one of Inspector Morse's pubs, great beer garden, shared it once with the entire cast of The Bill!! Reg, June and PC Carver were all on the piss!!

I’d be shocked and disappointed if we offer Dow 3 years. Stinks of the unnecessary long contracts we offered O’Brien and Kennedy.

I imagine either way he’d probably prefer to look for reliable seniors exposure at another club. But if we offered 3 years, he could be tempted for the security…. I can’t see many others offering Dow 3 years 👀

Look to be fair, LOB showed enough last season to deserve a new contract (unfortunately things haven't worked out for him this seaaon) and the only knock on Bam Bam is how prone he can be to injury, definitely a best/starting 18 player when he is fit.

I still remember the days when Digby Morrell was regarded as a top 10 player for us .

The Club hasn't been this healthy and in such safe hands since thylacine60 was a teenager 😀

I am not easy pleased or satisfied, but I also know when not to rock the waters when the boat is going swimmingly !

Also lives with Charlie, Walsh & Bam Bam.

From PommyinOz, he has a big scoop #blumour

Our Irish scouting party the other week have an agreement with Matt Duffy from the GAA as a Cat B Rookie on a two year deal.

PrHbU58.png

Timestampped 45:50

Pom is going to be uploading a video later tonight with more details and a highlight reel.

Terry (blue abroad) also saw on Instagram he had two mutuals with Duffy, Pommyinoz and Nick Austin. And Duffy follows Carlton on that platform too.

Irish press posted this article four days ago, he just needs to pass a medical:

Edit:

Pom posted his video, check it out here

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our Irish scouting party the other week have an agreement with Matt Duffy from the GAA as a Cat B Rookie on a two year deal.

PrHbU58.png

Pom is going to be uploading a video later tonight with more details and a highlight reel.

Terry (blue abroad) also saw on Instagram he had two mutuals with Duffy, Pommyinoz and Nick Austin. And Duffy follows Carlton on that platform too.

Gotta love the huge ticker :heart: in that kid.

Can’t like this enough. These are the moves that potentially make us a powerhouse for years to come.

And such a testament to Dow’s character.

Last edited:
But I thought Carlton did not do development....

I mean ... 2017 draft and all. 6 year player. The ox is dead and the earth has checked out - Mick Malthouse ... probably.

PrHbU58.png

Edit:

Pom posted his video, check it out here

Thanks for collating this info drunkill

Let's hope he's another Tuohy.

As an aside, I just have to give a massive shout out to Nick Austin - absolutely love what he's doing with our list.

Just listened to Pommylovescarlton podcast on Youtube re: the Irish excursion. If it's true that we've signed a few of the talented up and coming young players which gives us first right of refusal in oncoming years where the draft is going to be heavily compromised because of Tassie's inclusion, that just further reinforces Austin's ingenuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back