Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just needed an opportunity. Go you good thing. Same as Fisher.

Fisher's had a lot more chances than Dow.

However, to be fair, the way in which we were playing earlier in the season did him absolutely no favours. This new game plan is more appears of alley and that's why he's looking like a different player so far.

Anyone know if there’s a sports bar that plays footy in Munich and Vienna? I have to head over there next weekend for a few weeks for work and I don’t think Kayo works?

Had a surprisingly good revelation (Bali) when on roaming & access to Foxtel Go. Was at a bar & UFC wasn’t on so watched in there, then CFC wasn’t showing at the 1st bounce so turned that on as well.
Edit: I’m working a VPN as well.

Last edited:

From PommyinOz, he has a big scoop #blumour

Our Irish scouting party the other week have an agreement with Matt Duffy from the GAA as a Cat B Rookie on a two year deal.

PrHbU58.png

Timestampped 45:50

Pom is going to be uploading a video later tonight with more details and a highlight reel.

Terry (blue abroad) also saw on Instagram he had two mutuals with Duffy, Pommyinoz and Nick Austin. And Duffy follows Carlton on that platform too.

Irish press posted this article four days ago, he just needs to pass a medical:

Edit:

Pom posted his video, check it out here

Not sure how accurate but it mentions a rookie A position..
Hopefully we snare another Cat B from our expedition.
Long overdue IMO for the Irish recruitment to be renewed by CFC.

Dow has had ample opportunities to leave Carlton and hasn't wanted to. It is very rare to find a kid like him, who is willing to continually be a fringe player, not take big money, go back to the twos, work on his game, take criticisms and constructive feedback and still hold his head high and work.
If the offer is 3 years, it puts him in a position to continue to do this, he obviously loves the club and this team, and has consistently shown he's willing to do what ever is asked of him. It also gives us more leverage for future trade value if in a year or twos time he really does want to move on.

If this deal is what eventuates, then this is one of the biggest signs of a successful culture shift our club has had for many years, in my opinion.
And to think people, the same who said he wasnt good enough to play in this team, were trying to pile on and say he greeded overs and that was the only reason he stayed at the club. Piss poor.attempt to denigrate his character. Post Game interview this week says it all about Dow. Humble and loves being part of it. 💪💪

View attachment 1774501

We are basically much more of a chance of making finals if we go 0-2. Although, we don’t want to test it. 😂
Is it wrong to want * to make it? We would pump them by 10 goals, everyone else can actually play. Really wouldn’t want to run into Sydney/Geelong first up

Is it wrong to want * to make it? We would pump them by 10 goals, everyone else can actually play. Really wouldn’t want to run into Sydney/Geelong first up

Not at all. * are shit.

Here's to eternity and counting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And to think people, the same who said he wasnt good enough to play in this team, were trying to pile on and say he greeded overs and that was the only reason he stayed at the club. Piss poor.attempt to denigrate his character. Post Game interview this week says it all about Dow. Humble and loves being part of it. 💪💪
Not into shaming others Sky.
I think we've had entirely too much of that around here.
I hope we can all cut each other slack and allow passionate rants etc.
Also, people see what they see and sometimes it takes a lot for that to change, if ever.
We can't control how others see things.
(annoying as that can be.😛🤣)
I'm just so happy for Paddy.
I hope whatever happens, he does what's best for his future.
He has been exemplary and humble in interviews. My respect for him has grown enormously, and who knows how good a player he might become!

I wouldn't be bringing attention to past player and club kicking if I was you.....

Not into shaming others Sky.
I think we've had entirely too much of that around here.
I hope we can all cut each other slack and allow passionate rants etc.
Also, people see what they see and sometimes it takes a lot for that to change, if ever.
We can't control how others see things.
(annoying as that can be.😛🤣)
I'm just so happy for Paddy.
I hope whatever happens, he does what's best for his future.
He has been exemplary and humble in interviews. My respect for him has grown enormously, and who knows how good a player he might become!
Love him!

View attachment 1774501

We are basically much more of a chance of making finals, than not making finals, if we go 0-2. Although, we don’t want to test it. 😂
I don't think we should discount the value of finishing 5th or 6th and getting a home final either. High likelihood of 2 of Sydney, GWS and Adelaide making the 8, and having to travel to play one of them week 1 would be a real problem imo.

Point to a post that says any of what you are spraying - just ONE.

Every poster on here that has had to try and explain to you and other Dow fans - has stated the same thing - ie re-stated exactly what the coach has stated about Dow - publicly.

He is behind the output of all the other forst choice mids - what is it about that simple explanation tyou just dont understand? Why are you chest puffing and making up a narrative ?

oh and just for the record Dow is still way way behind all of Cripps/Cerra/Hewett/Walsh and Kennedy if they arevall fit - and far less useful as a rotation compared to Cuningham and even Fogarty.

That isnt a knock on Dow - these are just facts based on on field performance. There is no doubt he has managed to play a role in their absence- the fact that he has managed to play a role is a great step forward for him and has been acknowkedged by everyone as that. Other players have played just as a significant role in their contribution to the teams good form as well. Every bit as important an as impressive as Dow - these are just facts as well.

Oh and finally - Voss has shown no less and no more 'selection integrity' all year as far as player selection goes- irrepsective of wether Dow ( courtesy of injury and unavailability of his betters) has been played in their absence. The only rotational mid that DOw has been able to get ahead of in terms of on field performance as an onballer is Ed Curnow.

I don't think we should discount the value of finishing 5th or 6th and getting a home final either. High likelihood of 2 of Sydney, GWS and Adelaide making the 8, and having to travel to play one of them week 1 would be a real problem imo.

Yep - and after a long finals drought, you just know that a home final against an interstate side will have at least 80% representation of Blues fans. Our high pressure game plan will go to another level with a frothing mad crowd of Baggers cheering on every tackle and smother.

There will be a lot of revisionist history being floated if Dow gets offered a contract. Basically stating how good a coach Voss is by developing him in such a great way.
It’s fine, we all know who was potting him continually (& those liking the posts) not many have the ability to put their hand up and say “I got it wrong” - some have and hats off to them.
Simple fact is Dow just hasn’t learned to play footy in the last couple weeks.
If we can all move forward together, the unabashed Dow supporters are big enough people not to have to repeatedly say “I told you so” mind u we are entitled to say it at least once (maybe twice 😂) we copped at lot of shit for sticking fat.
At the end of the day the team is getting better and playing extremely well - that’s the important take away

Last edited:

Every poster on here that has had to try and explain to you and other Dow fans - has stated the same thing - ie re-stated exactly what the coach has stated about Dow - publicly.

He is behind the output of all the other forst choice mids - what is it about that simple explanation tyou just dont understand? Why are you chest puffing and making up a narrative ?

oh and just for the record Dow is still way way behind all of Cripps/Cerra/Hewett/Walsh and Kennedy if they arevall fit - and far less useful as a rotation compared to Cuningham and even Fogarty.

That isnt a knock on Dow - these are just facts based on on field performance. There is no doubt he has managed to play a role in their absence- the fact that he has managed to play a role is a great step forward for him and has been acknowkedged by everyone as that. Other players have played just as a significant role in their contribution to the teams good form as well. Every bit as important an as impressive as Dow - these are just facts as well.

Oh and finally - Voss has shown no less and no more 'selection integrity' all year as far as player selection goes- irrepsective of wether Dow ( courtesy of injury and unavailability of his betters) has been played in their absence. The only rotational mid that DOw has been able to get ahead of in terms of on field performance as an onballer is Ed Curnow.

Oh, it happened - there were definitely posters suggesting that the club tried to push Dow out the door and he only stayed because any other club would have demanded he take a pay cut and he wanted to keep his inflated salary. But trying to pinpoint a few posts without knowing exactly how they were worded isn't realistic with the limited BF search function.

That being said, it was hardly a prevailing view, and it's probably not worth dragging it up again many months down the line.

Personally, I'm hopeful that Dow takes a short term contract with us and keeps working his arse off. He clearly has been, and at the very least he's over-qualified depth which is exactly what a team with flag ambitions needs.

Dow is 23, time is well and truly on his side. Cripps is 28, Hewett 27, Kennedy 26 - all in their prime, but in two years time we may look at a changing of the guard to some degree, and it's not beyond the realm of possibility that if he continues to work hard Dow could overtake guys like Kennedy and Hewett over the next couple of years. And in the meantime, now that he's shown his worth, he could easily rack up 10-15 games a year as part of an injury management rotation. Kennedy has missed 7 games this year, Walsh 7, Hewett 4, Cerra 3, Cripps 1...three of those guys will miss at least one more game each. If Dow has done enough to position himself as "next-picked" there will be plenty of opportunity.

Hell, we may even see competition-wide changes that open up a starting spot for him - something like increasing the interchange from 4+sub to 5 could be all we need to start another dedicated mid.

Last edited:

Point to one post where I needed to be explained that. JUST ONE! I knew where he was I wasn't kicking and screaming for him to get a game. I'd say something when someone went too harshly at him. I'd often say id like to see him get a go but fitting him was tough. He got a go. I'm happy, he seems happy and everyone adamant he wasn't good enough seems very wrong.

No shit he's behind those. I never said otherwise. I've just been supportive of someone succeeding and was happy to see someone maligned remain positive and just keep busting a gut till he got a chance.

I don't care about selection integrity. Haven't mentioned it once. I am careful not to get involved with that because I understand better than most here how hard it is to pick and balance a competitive squad where everyone is on their own programs fitness/skills.

Btw there are plenty of those posts they were gross and liked by you and the other 'my way is the only right way' types. I'm just here to celebrate players who wear the navy blue. I'm not keen on prematurely kicking them out of the club or writing them off.... Hell I know you love him but I was well ahead of you and running the same style of 'campaign' in favour of Kennedy when the collective genius supporting the club were saying he was cooked because he wasn't selected.

Shit just works at its own pace. All I wanted was people to stop shutting down Dow because 'macho one up' and let it ride and enjoy the successes he was having at vfl level. Same as for Kwnnedy.

Point to one post where I needed to be explained that. JUST ONE! I knew where he was I wasn't kicking and screaming for him to get a game. I'd say something when someone went too harshly at him. I'd often say id like to see him get a go but fitting him was tough. He got a go. I'm happy, he seems happy and everyone adamant he wasn't good enough seems very wrong.

No s**t he's behind those. I never said otherwise. I've just been supportive of someone succeeding and was happy to see someone maligned remain positive and just keep busting a gut till he got a chance.

I don't care about selection integrity. Haven't mentioned it once. I am careful not to get involved with that because I understand better than most here how hard it is to pick and balance a competitive squad where everyone is on their own programs fitness/skills.

Btw there are plenty of those posts they were gross and liked by you and the other 'my way is the only right way' types. I'm just here to celebrate players who wear the navy blue. I'm not keen on prematurely kicking them out of the club or writing them off.... Hell I know you love him but I was well ahead of you and running the same style of 'campaign' in favour of Kennedy when the collective genius supporting the club were saying he was cooked because he wasn't selected.

s**t just works at its own pace. All I wanted was people to stop shutting down Dow because 'macho one up' and let it ride and enjoy the successes he was having at vfl level. Same as for Kwnnedy.
that’s gold - very fair point u raised.
Lots of people didn’t down right kick him, but plenty liked the posts that did.
Great each way bet 😂

that’s gold - very fair point u raised.
Lots of people didn’t down right kick him, but plenty liked the posts that did.
Great each way bet 😂
can't believe folk like yourself are actually pointing out and criticizing the very things they have done over and over, the pile ons have been extraordinary but now we are winning all is forgiven of course - we drop either or both final games and it will be back to the same old abusive head kicking it has always been.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back