Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot imagine a world with all things as they are now where Campo x 2 won't want to come to us.

Anyone know the last time a set of twins nominated as father sons in the same draft? If ever?

Cannot imagine a world with all things as they are now where Campo x 2 won't want to come to us.

Anyone know the last time a set of twins nominated as father sons in the same draft? If ever?
Alwyn Davey Jnr and Jayden Davey last year, drafted by *.

Last edited:

Is it banworthy to ask whether the Campo boys might have their hearts set on their father’s other AFL club *? Just asking for a friend…

banning super mario GIF

Is it banworthy to ask whether the Campo boys might have their hearts set on their father’s other AFL club? Just asking for a friend…
100%, Scott has been telling the kids for years - everytime they miss a kick, put in a half effort or didn’t want to train - “looks like your going to * then”.
It’s kept them on the right path for years 😂

Is it banworthy to ask whether the Campo boys might have their hearts set on their father’s other AFL club? Just asking for a friend…
It’s the best way for them to stay in the same team once they get to the AFL. Whether they’re Carlton fans or not that will count for a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of former premiership players suggested that Monahan might be ready to go midway through next year. Has all of the mental and physical attributes. One of the two is already a "quality kick" but it's going to be about finding and learning "touch" and understanding the speed of the game over the summer, preseason and early VFL games to see how quickly they can come into the side if at all next year.

I have high hopes for Rob Monahan as an elusive, bullocking, high marking, dual sided, goal scoring (superstar) HFF. His sports background & build should stand him in good stead.

100%, Scott has been telling the kids for years - everytime they miss a kick, put in a half effort or didn’t want to train - “looks like your going to * then”.
It’s kept them on the right path for years 😂
that alludes to the other part of this. these boys have been raised by a serious football coach. we are dealing with nature and nurture

Campo played 19 matches for *.

If they wanted to play for *, they would need to:

a) go in the open draft
b) get their heads checked 🤣

Last edited:
Campo played 19 matches for *.

If they wanted to play for *, they would need to a) go in the open draft and b) get their heads checked 🤣
little mongrel got about 30 touches the day we played them too..........

Despite all of his great games and premiership accomplishments … my favourite Campo memory was of him breaking Brodie Holland’s nose and costing him a modelling gig.

Despite all of his great games and premiership accomplishments … my favourite Campo memory was of him breaking Brodie Holland’s nose and costing him a modelling gig.
mine was josh francou breaking campo's...........nah, only joking...........pretty sure............

Last edited:
Yep. I am a Dow fan but Hollands has the potential to be an absolute star and is only 22. Pick 7
Pre-ACL, yes. He's not running the same at all any more. Very much planning for a list beyond Kennedy and Ed, with a little hope he can get some stability back in there and return to his original potential track.
Is there any chance with Sanders that we are instead thinking that there might not be much longevity with Hewett and Kennedy? I see you have Hollands as the replacement. But maybe it is Sanders?
I think he is the type of midfielder our list certainly requires which we actually need to start trending in the direction of midfielders that have a balance of inside/outside, speed & agility that spread & run with good foot skills…
I rate him very highly after McKercher he is imo the best pure midfielder in the top end of the draft, our developing reserves stocks are paper thin he would make a great addition to the current midfield depth…
Sanders is definitely the better candidate, but I think it continues to make our midfield's athletic output too samey.
Some serious overvaluing of Dow in here.

Good luck to him obviously, but he would have been playing VFL again next year if he didn't move.
He's worth more than Hollands, who looks physically too cooked to become a star any more. I agree that the only way we're keeping Dow is giving him a proper crack at playing first team, but we're too stubborn with our slow midfield.
But you can only list 1 Irish as Cat B.
I thought that was 1 per year?

We stuffed up SPS royally when he came in. Bloke was hard AF but lightly built. After his first shoulder injury he was never the same.
We also worked hard to grind the creativity out of his game which was detrimental to him & to us.
Nah, it wasn’t on SOS once they were in the door.
His job was to get them, not the development & managment.
As others have commented, hamstrings were a huge concern and SOS & injury staff made a high risk decision, one of many that didn't pay off, but it was one of the highest in terms of outlay.

Looks like he’s done the medical for Adelaide- CT scan confirms furrowed brow & vestigial tail, off to the Crows to team up with the Neanderthals 😂
Fun fact: neanderthals were smarter than us, just less likely to form large groups and communities, so they got picked off in conflict. Eventually we just assimilated the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back