Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name a single reason Harry would even entertain going to Melbourne. That's what I want to know.

Free Chalet accommodation at Mt Buller ⛷️

😂

This whole Petracca business reminds me of Adrian Whitehead and how his career came to an end and its aftermath.

How could I forget that Robbo

View attachment 2093952

Fancy a career as a cheesemaker, Harry? Big money in it.

Downside is petite market size.

Nah, I'm highlighting the fact that our midfield is way too reliant on Cripps... still... we've been saying this for years...

Keeping Harry doesn't address these issues we have with our other forwards...

Trac does address the fact that we have fa mids that kick goals... and fa support for Cripps who won't be able to carry them for much longer...
The problem with our midfield is kicking into the 50, let alone kicking at goal, and it seems to be to instruction to account for lack of pace and the fact that we have 2 of the league's best key forwards.

Petracca alone does nothing to solve the problem, and you're then robbing us of what little forward quality we do have. You're completely wrong about all those teams you named: they all had 3 or more quality forwards, regardless of stature. We don't have that.

What's wrong with deploying Kemp in midfield, pushing Walsh to the outside more, drafting Hotton, and coming up with a forward system using McKay, Curnow, Moir, SOS, Hotton, Fogarty, and Williams?

We'll also have Docherty back in the midfield, the Camporeale twins, and plenty of talented uncontracted players starved of opportunity at other clubs. Another pre-season into Cowan, Ollie Hollands and Wilson.

Biggest issue to address is that 2nd KPD role, and shedding any excess senior depth as we reinvigorate the midfield.

The problem with our midfield is kicking into the 50, let alone kicking at goal, and it seems to be to instruction to account for lack of pace and the fact that we have 2 of the league's best key forwards.

Petracca alone does nothing to solve the problem, and you're then robbing us of what little forward quality we do have. You're completely wrong about all those teams you named: they all had 3 or more quality forwards, regardless of stature. We don't have that.

What's wrong with deploying Kemp in midfield, pushing Walsh to the outside more, drafting Hotton, and coming up with a forward system using McKay, Curnow, Moir, SOS, Hotton, Fogarty, and Williams?

We'll also have Docherty back in the midfield, the Camporeale twins, and plenty of talented uncontracted players starved of opportunity at other clubs. Another pre-season into Cowan, Ollie Hollands and Wilson.

Biggest issue to address is that 2nd KPD role, and shedding any excess senior depth as we reinvigorate the midfield.

Petracca won't help our midfield problems, but trialling Kemp in there and drafting an 18 year old will? Interesting take Jim.

Don’t forget the charcuterie board at the footy.

I'm happy to run out and hand feed H some prosciutto and brie each goal he kicks for us. Won't see a Dees fan leave their MCC Level 2 seats to do that.

Ok, let's just agree to disagree...

It's obvious we see it very differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never going to happen. We don’t have the cap space. Only works if Harry leaves.

Jack Martin $ + Cunners $ + Marchbank $ + Durdin $ + Doch takes a haircut over 2 yrs $ = Trac?

You can ask these questions about every team.

We have Doc, Cripps, Harry, Charlie, Walsh, Weitering etc etc that are AA players, 2 x Coleman medalists and a Brownlow thrown in, and all they've managed in that time is a PF appearance last year and a sneak into finals appearance this year on the back of crossing our fingers another team didnt win their last game or we would be talking mad monday.

We've got all that and we are consistently not a finals team. These guys are the foundation of our team and we are generally nowhere come September. Something doesnt add up for me.

When you consistently have your hands tied behind your back with a significant injury list you’ll struggle, it’s as simple and as plain as that.

Bolton didn’t have a good run, Teague didn’t either, Voss has had the worst run out of all those.

I’m sorry but that’s facts, you can have a whole squad mentality and that will be fine for finite periods of the season but when it’s majority of season, season after season there is not a club out there that will do much better.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jon Ralph reporting that Petracca could take the Dees to a grievance tribunal to get out of his contract if it comes down to it.

If true, I think that shifts some leverage away from the Dees' side as they'll want to avoid this getting publicly messy.

2 firsts + a second in return for paying 30% of his salary.

If he wants out of the club that badly, we could absolutely make a deal work without needing to trade out a player. If that is the case, we must absolutely pursue it.

Ok. Great.

Again, who do we trade from our best 22 to fit his salary in (despite them paying 30%) and regain some draft capital?

Petracca won't help our midfield problems, but trialling Kemp in there and drafting an 18 year old will? Interesting take Jim.
Hotton - assuming the knee is sound - starts off HF and works into the midfield over time, and can certainly be used in centre bounce looks from day one. Kemp is ready for the task and adds explosiveness that Walsh, Kennedy - and maybe now Cerra - simply do not have.

TDK adds to that mix as well, and the ability to fall back to O'Keeffe instead of Pittonet means we don't really back off from that either.

What I said: "Jon Ralph reporting that Petracca will take the Dees to a grievance tribunal to get out of his contract if it comes down to it"

What you've quoted from JR's article: "Christian Petracca has the option of forcing a trade from Melbourne through the AFL’s grievance tribunal"

Whilst it may not be verbatim or word-for-word, that looks the same to me?
Its not even remotely the same. One suggests a legal option exists. The other suggests the intent to pursue it.

Plenty of cap space -

Cuningham
Marchbank
Martin
Durdin

To name a few - there’s $1,000,000 there.

I reckon that would be quite a bit less than a million.

But for Argument’s sake say it is, and Petracca comes in and takes that million.

You then need to bring in 3 more players on the minimum, which next year is $130-115k depending on where they’re drafted.
So we’d need to cut another player who’s on $450k to make room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back