Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone is desperate to get out as they claim to be, they dont need to demand this $$$$ elsewhere.
He’s going to be leaving a hell of a lot of money on the table to get out of there.
Another club offering him 5 mill over 5 years would be being irresponsible.
That’s him losing at least $1.5 million.

Yes, you want to sell the farm and still have talent rot in the reserves instead of keeping the list smartly ticking over like many of the clubs you're highlighting.

Smart

No worries.

He hasn’t even nominated us. Likely just an attempt to see if a trade would actually work. Now that both of our key forwards managers said no, I would not be shocked if he tries elsewhere.

Premierships are not won by star signings, where massive sacrifices are made of salary cap, picks or younger stars The Carlton Football Club needs to focus on the incremental improvement to its list, fitness staff and assistant coaching.
Recent history is actually littered with examples of premierships being won by teams with star signings;

Geelong - Cameron. Dangerfield
Richmond - Lynch, Prestia
Melbourne - May, Lever

Can't be bothered going back any further. To suggest that it doesn't happen is just rubbish.

Would love to give up picks for Trac... what would it take to get it done though?

We'd need 2024 + 2025 1st as a starting point...

Then we'd need to offload a couple of players on significant coin to muster a couple more picks so we can fit Trac into the cap + not screw our future...

So, who are those players that we offload?

Owies-2nd round pick
Carrol-3rd round pick

Both look to be on the move

Absolute zero chance we trade harry for trac. I’d burn the place down. 2 first rounders they can have. I’d trade Walsh before harry. Walsh for trac maybe
Before you burn the place down it is important that you know that we are temporarily moving to the training facility at Tullamarine on the day that you are planning to do it. You know the one, * generally train there.

Take as much petrol that you need. 😃

Money. His true market value that he isnt getting at Carlton. ;)

He could have fought for more. He elected to stay. If it was about money he'd already be gone.

It's more about probability why i dont mention Barass and mention Houston. I'd take Barass over Leek for sure but Barass is strongly linked elsewhere so ive omitted him.

Houston ive mentioned because JSoS grew up with him and Vossy knows him. Houston provides coverage off half back, wing and midfield if required. That is great utility value and he has been all australian. Having said all that. To your point i have him third on the list of requirements due to cost.
Our half back line is our oldest.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

16 points from a GF last year, ridiculous number of injuries at the wrong time this year.

Maybe the injury list can be laid at the high performance door generally speaking, but one thing the club definitely got wrong was hanging on to talented players with shocking injury history for far too long.

Still believe Voss can take us to the promised land but list management needs to get ruthless.

The exception, not the rule for the players mentioned.:think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s something about posters/people seeing Petracca speak openly, honestly, showing vulnerability and sharing his story as the actions of a broken weak man, that doesnt sit well with me.

These are signs of strength, not weakness.

Everyone complains about boring interviews, cliche answers, yet when someone shows personality or vulnerability, they are shot down.

I’ve seen Petracca carry the Demons on his back in many games, i saw him come back on the ground after his injury, the man is an animal.

If you think the cost is too great, cool, some of the justification for peoples position is a bit crap.

Yes, you want to sell the farm and still have talent rot in the reserves instead of keeping the list smartly ticking over like many of the clubs you're highlighting.

Smart

Ok...

I wanted to leave it at that.. but no, you had to chime in and be a smart arse...

Now, let's break down your nonsense:

Trading Harry for Petracca = selling the farm... not only is that so far off the mark, it's actually delusional... and what's more crazy is stating that I WANT to do that... not even what I said... what I said was, it would take Harry to get the deal done in all likelihood and if the club choose to do that, it won't be so bad given other clubs in recent times have proven that you can win a flag without two dominant key forwards...

Petracca alone does nothing to solve the problem?... but Cripps alone is fine... crazy talk. Oh wait, nah he's got Kemp (in yet another positional change for him and unproven at best), 31 yr old Doc off another ACL and the Campo twins... yeah real smart buddy...

Uncontracted players not getting a game at other clubs... yeah that hasn't been an option for the last 10 years has it? Yet here we are in 2024 STILL relying on Cripps to enter beast mode to get our engine room going...

Yeah, you might think you're smart by making all these very speculative midfield changes, pretending like as if they'd have 10% of the effect of bringing in Trac (a proven star mid) but in reality, like I said... it's all nonsense.

Oh, and we can still VERY easily address the 2nd KPD role too...

I think it's real poor form from the media laying their boots into trac saying he needs to toughen up and see out his contract and is absolute bs! In what other job do you sign contracts to stay on for years?

I recently left a contracted teaching position as the school treated me like a piece of shit, wasn't backed up by the leadership team/prin. Took a real mental toll and i unlike trac didn't almost die.

I reached out to some private schools and in a matter of a couple of weeks secured another teaching job. Loving life, loving the school. Does this make me an arseh*le for leaving a shite workplace -mfc def falls into this category (oliver, goodwin investigation from a couple of years ago, joel smith allegations)

All trac is doing as he has the right to do is seek a better work environment. Anyone who thinks he should stick it out for 5 years is honestly delusional and contrary to their opinion of themself not any form of hero.

In my 20 year teaching career this was the first occasion I jumped ship. Although it was a tough decision to leave the kids I just had to do it. Let's get around him and show some compassion.

He’s going to be leaving a hell of a lot of money on the table to get out of there.
Another club offering him 5 mill over 5 years would be being irresponsible.
That’s him losing at least $1.5 million.

It would appear so, but you know as much as i do that, figures quoted aren’t fact, there could be a lot of guesswork there. Point remains the same though, if he wants out desperately, he might need to make a sacrifice to make it happen.

Those two can't be on much coin as it is though. We're gonna have to get rid of more than that I'm afraid.
No idea how much many players are on, no idea how much space we have, no idea how much Petracca is actually on or if he would be prepared to take a cut to get out.

The two names i mentioned appear out the door already, one of Kennedy or Hewett might need to be moved.

Crazy. Madness. Delusion.

Sell our future for a 29 year old broken footballer?

In 4 years time we can sit back and watch all the guns drafted with those picks...as per usual.

How about trying to function like a normal football club without this insane messiah complex and build a list of young talented footballers. Develop them into stars and achieve sustainable success. I for one don't want to be a basket case all over again because we got greedy and thought one shiny toy would be the answer to our perpetual problems.

All gun afl players come from the draft. All successful teams nail the draft and get role players around them. We don't need another superstar.

A couple of issues.

1. Broken footballer is pure hyperbole.

2. In 4 years time, Cripps is retired, Saad is retired and Weitering, McKay and Curnow are 30+.

I reckon that would be quite a bit less than a million.

But for Argument’s sake say it is, and Petracca comes in and takes that million.

You then need to bring in 3 more players on the minimum, which next year is $130-115k depending on where they’re drafted.
So we’d need to cut another player who’s on $450k to make room.
Carrol , owies , little durds , pitto , Kennedy , cerra , Motlop , hollands brothers , cottrell, kemp , we can find someone to trade for trac and make it work

No idea how much many players are on, no idea how much space we have, no idea how much Petracca is actually on or if he would be prepared to take a cut to get out.

The two names i mentioned appear out the door already, one of Kennedy or Hewett might need to be moved.

Heard Trac is on 1 mill / year till 2029. Don't know how much substance there is to that but that's what has been said in the media.

I would imagine MK is not on much either given he was on the rookie list not long ago.

Hewett, yep he might have to be one we get rid of too...

On top of that we'll be getting rid of S.Durdin, Marchbank, Cunners and Martin. Might be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back