Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We’ve just seen Petracca slip through our fingers only to start arguing about Jake bloody Stringer !!
Please shoot me … life sucks !!
POTY

We’ve just seen Petracca slip through our fingers only to start arguing about Jake bloody Stringer !!
Please shoot me … life sucks !!
Jake Stringer
Season 2 No GIF by Martin

Rumour mill gunna be a bit slow now. Sad face .

We will always have August 31st 2024 when we were preparing ourselves for Christian Petracca, Dan Houston and Leek Aleer.

I’d like both petracca and stringer in an ideal world where we don’t have to worry about draft picks or salary cap.

We don’t live in that world, so it depends what each would cost. Petracca seems way too much both from a draft/trade perspective and salary.

Stringer I think Essendon are just seeing if any club offers something they really like such as a first rounder and/or decent player, I don’t think we’d do either.

My guess is that we're going to hear all sorts of rumours and conjecture, and with the Stringer and Laverde type ones it'll be a bit like someone knows you're after a second hand car, you say 'OK, let's have a look' (even if you're pretty sure it's not the right one), they bring it around (and you might even 'kick the tires', so to speak), and then you say, "Yeah, Nah" ( or even "F No"), and then it's on to the next thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owies works extremely hard….one reason why he has a good goal average
Not so sure about that.

During the Hawks match, he dropped off his opponent on more than one occassion creating a 2 on 1 for the opposition, and a subsequent chain of handballs resulting in a scoring opportunity. Brereton was scathing in his comments on SEN without actually naming the player.

Unfortunately I was there in the Warnie Stand to witness it first hand. It's fair to say I was pretty pissed off. Don't know if it's lack of leg speed or work rate, or a combination of both, but his defensive side outside the 50 can be questionable.

And I'm not just singling out Owies here.....Motlop is probably worse.

Not so sure about that.

During the Hawks match, he dropped off his opponent on more than one occassion creating a 2 on 1 for the opposition, and a subsequent chain of handballs resulting in a scoring opportunity. Brereton was scathing in his comments on SEN without actually naming the player.

Unfortunately I was there in the Warnie Stand to witness it first hand. It's fair to say I was pretty pissed off. Don't know if it's lack of leg speed or work rate, or a combination of both, but his defensive side outside the 50 can be questionable.

They're both woeful. I don't want Stringer but he'd be an upgrade on both

Owies works extremely hard….one reason why he has a good goal average
Leads well at the ball carrier and can kick goals. Works extremely hard is not something I see from Owies usually once the ball is in dispute or the opposition start moving.

I like the guy, just feel he’s not what our club needs.

They're both woeful. I don't want Stringer but he'd be an upgrade on both
This is my view

Two year stop gap as a mid sized powerhouse that takes the 3rd away from Moir and stops defenders zoning off onto Charlie and H

Would mean Moir takes a weaker defender and would present opportunities for him too

From an irony standpoint would be funny if we did end up with Stringer. If not for Essendon,both times, we would've had both Saad and Stringer.

This is my view

Two year stop gap as a mid sized powerhouse that takes the 3rd away from Moir and stops defenders zoning off onto Charlie and H

Would mean Moir takes a weaker defender and would present opportunities for him too
Small ball is the way of the times with AFL atm. Mobile, skilful, hard working smalls are winning games right now.

While Stringer is a talent, he's not worth bringing in at the expense of bringing in some quality small fwds imo.

Small ball is the way of the times with AFL atm. Mobile, skilful, hard working smalls are winning games right now.

While Stringer is a talent, he's not worth bringing in at the expense of bringing in some quality small fwds imo.
Yeah exactly, if we can get a quality small or we back Motlop/Durdin to become that for us then there is absolutely no need for Stringer

We just need genuine threats that draw men away from the big boppers

Moir will help with that, he is a one touch player and it’s been noticed

I’m not sure Stringer would be at the expense of any small forwards. Didn’t * decline his trigger to play on in 2025 with them? Would have mean he would now be a delisted FA and he can get to any club that wants him without a trade?

I thought it was goal kicking mids tbh, which seems to stack up better when looking at teams and their position on the ladder.

Leads well at the ball carrier and can kick goals. Works extremely hard is not something I see from Owies usually once the ball is in dispute or the opposition start moving.

I like the guy, just feel he’s not what our club needs.
imo he does works hard.

Running to the right places is part of it but he also chases to tackle and works in link up play

He just cant run too fast unfortunately.

But still a very valuable member of the team. Our third leading goal kicker averaging just as much of not more than the shiny small forwards.

Not so sure about that.

I thought owies was playing for himself against the hawks … looked like a guy playing for a contract agree with your statement but when we played against west coast and saints , he busted a gut … I think he busts a gut more often than how he played against the hawks and with limited ability he has been great for us …. Very durable too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back