Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't want Stringer anyway, but posters discrediting him saying he kicks most of his goals vs bottom teams are off the mark.

Smart, speedy small forwards is what I want. Stringer at his best (2015-16) would be great... But that player is a long way behind us now.

Where did I say that??? More like you're off the mark because you chimed in late without understanding the context:

Fat and lazy bloke getting a game ahead of others purely because of his talent... not sure we'd want to set that standard...

Out of all of *'s games against top 8 sides this year, I can only think of the Freo game where he played really well? Maybe also the Swans at the SCG? Am I missing any others?

Let's say for argument's sake he does average more goals v top 8 sides... that does not equate to playing well anyway...

Does he really? So DangerousD just said he kicked 17/42 v top 8 ... the math aint mathing...

Like I said, he's only kicked 40+ twice at the bombers...
Less games vs top 8 teams due to * soft draw. Kicked 17 in 9 games vs top 8 = 1.88 pg
25 in 14 vs non top 8 = 1.78 pg

All I did was post the stats comparison of his games vs top 8 vs non top 8. Not sure why you're trying to have an argument here

Not trying to have an argument...

You just implied you weren't referring to me.. so who were you referring to then?

You quoted my post to include your numbers comparison, when I clearly said he didn't play well... nothing about goal averages...

Not sure I'd use celebrate. No matter how you frame it, Petracca would walk into any best 22

I agree I would love him at the Blues the guy is a gun, but the asking price was too much if rumors are to be believed.

Crap take imho.
Very very cunning Empire Strikes Back stuff.

Man I hope Christian takes them to court.
Sadly can't see it happening.
And now he gets trashed even more.
He almost died.

And does that mean he played well by averaging 0.1 more goals per game???
1.88 goals is an excellent average against top 8 sides. More than double what Owies has managed.

Stringer will be a huge upgrade over Owies, for all his supposed flaws. He's settled this year off field by all reports. An element of risk with his preparation but we've matured heaps in recent seasons and would be a far more professional outfit than the Bombers.

Like all of these things, the price will determine how viable it is. If he's happy to forgo some money for security and the Bombers aren't asking much for him, I'm sure we'd look at it. Stringer as third tall behind Curnow and McKay would be a scary prospect for the opposition. Gives us security in case one goes down and can go into the midfield.

He's a different type to Owies...

And I'd like to know why people think it's a given he'll kick 40+? He's only done it twice at the Bombers...

I'm not sold he's the right fit... Like I said, lazy and fat... but he'll get selected because he's the new shiny toy...

I'd much rather we have a forward mix of Charlie, Harry, Kemp, Moir, Williams, Owies (if he stays), Fog, Mots

And we pursue some KPD depth in the off season... Haynes is a decent back up, but we need a young and talented KPD as well.
Some say he would some say he won’t.
But will probably never find out. I was having beers with a family member of he’s yesterday who I’ve played in premierships with and as far as he knows he’ll be staying at Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.88 goals is an excellent average against top 8 sides. More than double what Owies has managed.

Stringer will be a huge upgrade over Owies, for all his supposed flaws. He's settled this year off field by all reports. An element of risk with his preparation but we've matured heaps in recent seasons and would be a far more professional outfit than the Bombers.

Like all of these things, the price will determine how viable it is. If he's happy to forgo some money for security and the Bombers aren't asking much for him, I'm sure we'd look at it. Stringer as third tall behind Curnow and McKay would be a scary prospect for the opposition. Gives us security in case one goes down and can go into the midfield.

I'll say it again... his goal average v top 8 does not equate to playing well...

And it's a bit rich comparing him to Owies lol

Not sure I'd use celebrate. No matter how you frame it, Petracca would walk into any best 22
True, but the unknown...and for me, it's a critical unknown... is the impact (or not) that it has on the remainder of the playing group given just how big a trade/story/drama/immediate expectations of outcome it would be

Personally, I'm happy

Does he really? So DangerousD just said he kicked 17/42 v top 8 ... the math aint mathing...

Like I said, he's only kicked 40+ twice at the bombers...

He’s only kicked 40 or more goals twice at the Bombers is correct, he’s also kicked 207 goals at 121 games at the Bombers, that’s massive for a medium forward, at any club.

I think we should have been asking the question as he was a FA, not sure what the current status is, as its been reported he’s hit a trigger, but no idea if the trigger is automatic or something that can be taken up.

He’s only kicked 40 or more goals twice at the Bombers is correct, he’s also kicked 207 goals at 121 games at the Bombers, that’s massive for a medium forward, at any club.

I think we should have been asking the question as he was a FA, not sure what the current status is, as its been reported he’s hit a trigger, but no idea if the trigger is automatic or something that can be taken up.
If Owies, Motlop or Durdin kicked over 40 goals in a season we'd be going absolutely balistic

Think someone was saying he wants 2 years, bombers only prepared to give him 1 based on his trigger.

Think someone was saying he wants 2 years, bombers only prepared to give him 1 based on his trigger.
His numbers in his contract years always jump, but id offer 2 years if he was free, with heavy incentives. I just see too many people put off various players for reasons not related to football.

His numbers in his contract years always jump, but id offer 2 years if he was free, with heavy incentives. I just see too many people put off various players for reasons not related to football.

My concerns are football related. I question his commitment and work ethic and I don't want that rubbing off onto the rest of the group.

We've already had enough issues with selection integrity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back