Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds spicy. What happened there?

Hawks needed something to get a trade over the line in the dying stages of the draft. Might have been Mitchell or O'Meara or something and we gave them a second rounder we got in the Tuohy trade in return for a few junk picks and everybody speculated that we did the Hawks a solid and they would pay us back somehow. That still hasn't happened.

Hawks needed something to get a trade over the line in the dying stages of the draft. Might have been Mitchell or O'Meara or something and we gave them a second rounder we got in the Tuohy trade in return for a few junk picks and everybody speculated that we did the Hawks a solid and they would pay us back somehow. That still hasn't happened.

No better time than next year Campo twins draft.:D

It was JOM.

I think the fact that we got involved and interfered with Essendon recruiting O’meara is payment enough

Pick 8 for 21 and 25? That's a mugging
It is... is there anything else we can offer they might want? Any players looking or maybe a future pick - though you'd think we'd be stockpiling them not trading them

After a few academy bids pick 8 could be more like 11, 24 and 28 for 11? Better but still a bit under

It is... is there anything else we can offer they might want? Any players looking or maybe a future pick - though you'd think we'd be stockpiling them not trading them

After a few bids pick 8 could be more like 11, 24 and 28 for 11? Better but still not right

Thought about all the connotations I know, even discounting Cats are looking for future picks and other clubs have more capital picks wise

Pick 21, 25 and F1

Pick 21, 25, F1, Young (we have cover)

I understand the rumours, even how you could manipulate Austin's interviews, but unless we are giving up a best 22 player, can't see it happening with us

It was JOM.

I think the fact that we got involved and interfered with Essendon recruiting O’meara is payment enough

We don’t say that word around these parts ffs.

It’s *.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought about all the connotations I know, even discounting Cats are looking for future picks and other clubs have more capital picks wise

Pick 21, 25 and F1

I understand the rumours, even how you could manipulate Austin's interviews, but unless we are giving up a best 22 player, can't see it happening with us
My understanding is the two picks we acquired and maybe a bit extra would be used to net GC F1 + Hollands.

We don’t want F1 picks for next year, so our F1 and GC F1 for pick 8 and future points.

It’s far from a done deal, but it’s a possibility.

GC currently have just over 4000 points in value, Jed will cost them 2000 alone, and they have 3 more players they want to net from their academy.

Hollands will get to Carlton for SFA due to GC needing enough lost spots to go to the draft with all their picks otherwise they’re breaking AFL rules using so many late picks for top 10 players.

They’ll ask for leniency like Geelong not using a first rounder for so many drafts in a row and probably get it…just because, you know makey uppey bullshit usually reserved for everyone besides Carlton

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pick 21, 25 and F1

Young was my thought too.

He wouldn't be a million miles away tbf, Geelong losing Esava could use some defensive cover. 21, 25 and Young is still under though really

My understanding is the two picks we acquired and maybe a bit extra would be used to net GC F1 + Hollands.

We don’t want F1 picks for next year, so our F1 and GC F1 for pick 8 and future points.

GC currently have just over 4000 points in value, Jed will cost them 2000 alone, and they have 3 more players they want to net from their academy.
Could see us sending 65 for next year's 4th for Suns. Purely a points based swap, a few for the Suns this yr and few for us next yr

Okay, think I understand where you are heading now

21, 25, F3 (Dow trade) for F1 (Currently pick 10, they would hope they finish higher), Hollands

Then offer the Suns F1 to Cats? Think they would want more. I guess we could ask for a F2, F3 from the Cats, if we also give them our F1

Best option to date, but it's pick 8 then some late picks, plus Hollands

Last edited:

We traded a future second round pick (which became pick 20) for picks 48, 66 and 70. This allowed Hawthorn (who had traded their F1) to trade a F2 in order to get Jaeger O'Meara. The pick was the one we received for Zac Touhy (along with Billie Smedts)

We also took Rhys Palmer from Freo in a 'salary dump' trade that year too.

At the time, everyone here thought SOS was a genius/master trader and that there must be some great plan being cooked up.

In the end we drafted Mcreadie, Polson and Kerr. Our other draft picks that year were SPS, Fisher, Willamson, Sheehan, LeBois, Galluci, Alex Silvagni and we also traded for Pickett and Marchbank

It turns out SOS may not, in fact, have been a genius and was really just basing everything off 3 year old scouting reports from his son's APS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back