Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in the Blue Abroad live chat mentioned rumours of Brendon Bolton returning as an assistant. Anyone else heard this?

Not happening. Allegedly more likely to get a sneaky interview with West Coast than come anywhere close to rejoining us.

But I'd expect them to lock in Schofield for the short (2 to 3 years) term. They're really a coach away from being successful. Like Bolts the "green shoots" grows tiresome on a list coming from as far back as West Coast's.

If Aleer is gettable would go to the top of my list

• Loads of potential
  • Would come within our budget both salary wise and trade expenditure wise
  • Absolutely fills a list need from both a positional and athletic perspective
I don't see many downsides with this one at all. Sign me up if it's possible.

Have they officially put him on the table?

I'm not sure about his highlights package. He likes to run but he has the long loping gait of Justin Madden, not a 189cm player. It looks strange to me. Seems to be able to gather the ball and kick the ball well.

I just haven't seen whether he can actually defend one on one or not. Certainly don't know enough to question Mark Austin if he is chasing him.
Bio says “He plays HB and Wing”

Maybe we want another HB to alternate (Wing and HB) with Ollie…

Would be a miracle offseason of:
Aleer, Rachelle, Ryan & Haynes

All would be on low cash.. Plus if we could get a second rounder for Owies, we might still get 2x picks before campo twins…

FB: Newman - Aleer - McGovern/Haynes
HB: Saad - Weitering - Cowan
C: Acres - Cripps - Walsh/O.Hollands
FOL: TDK - Kennedy - Cerra/Lord/E.Hollands
HF: Rachelle - Kemp - Curnow
FF: Motlop/Durdin/Fogarty - McKay - Moir

Last edited:
Where there’s smoke, there’s fire with Rachele.
He’s off the charts personality (aka tosser) who needs strong, supportive leadership as opposed to the Crows’ my way or the highway approach.
Definitely gettable.
He’s no different from any of the Hawthorn forwards…

If he was at Carlton we’d all love him. Specially against those toothless Pies supporters

200.gif

He’s no different from any of the Hawthorn forwards…

If he was at Carlton we’d all love him. Specially against those toothless Pies supporters

200.gif
Not knowing the Hawthorn guys other than seeing them onfield, I would say he’s a little different … not in a football sense … easily managed with the right leadership and support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't happen he was quite bitter in an interview last year towards us.

‘Professional Suicide’

Aleer would be spectacular if we could prise him loose.

Have been over oppo lists many times and thought him to be very high on the list of players I would target.

Contracted for another year, was a great investment by GWS. PICK 15 was a stretch, but it is justified. They didn’t know at the time how well Buckley was going to come on. Aleer is AFL quality but remains behind Taylor and Buckley, as well as third tall Idun and interceptor Himmelberg.

I did not think there would be a hope in hell that GWS would release him in contract, particularly to a rival “ in the window”. Would absolutely be worth our first rounder this year or next. Would not be on huge money at GWS, so I am sure we would/ should be attractive to him. Getting them to trade him may be another matter.
Someone recently posted a link to a Mick Mguane article…where he identified Aleer as a perfect target for Carlton (can’t find the link to repost).

Would be a miracle offseason of:
Aleer, Rachelle, Ryan & Haynes

All would be on low cash.. Plus if we could get a second rounder for Owies, we might still get 2x picks before campo twins…

FB: Newman - Aleer - McGovern/Haynes
HB: Saad - Weitering - Boyd/Ryan
C: Acres - Cripps - Walsh/O.Hollands
FOL: TDK - Kennedy - Cerra/Lord/E.Hollands
HF: Rachelle - Kemp - Curnow
FF: Motlop/Durdin/Fogarty - McKay - Moir

Whose Ryan?

I haven’t seen a lot of his games but his profile stats on the GWS website for his 8 games in 2024, are all worse than Young’s 7 games in 2024, with the exception of tackles. Even Youngs kicking disposal is better. Maybe we persevere with Young, get him a top personal coach like Scarlett over the preseason, and go after Houston after all.

Aleer as a target makes sense to me. KPD is our number 1 priority.
Young, should not cost the earth, Frees up weitering
Should assist our defence
What is his 1 on 1 % win rate?

A 23 YO KPD (Aleer) should be the priority over a 28 YO HBF (Houston).

Both should be our priority. He would be our best HBF and likely best kick in the team. And he's 27. Are people deliberately falsifying his age to suit their arguments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back