Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't meant to be, I reckon we get Freo's pick which I think is 26.

Sounds about right.

I'm not a draft expert it should be noted.

Cmon man, he’ll be closer to a DFA than pick 26. He can’t get out on the park, completely cooked

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's not just about numbers on a page mate.

Young's goal conceding clangers don't particularly show up in the stats sheet. Other than a single turnover.

Leek is a promising young defender.

Aleer would make alot of sense. Walks into our side as CHB. Behind 2 guys at GWS who are still youngish. Fills a short and long term need. Worth a mid-late first which will be around where our pick falls. Not going to demand a huge salary. Fills our biggest need.
If Aleer is going to play Intercept at CHB, he is going to need to kick it more than 5 times a game, and given that intercept usually sets up play, need very good disposal by foot. McGovern has this ability, but no defensive skills, which makes him a liability when the ball is coming back in fast. If Leek is to play for us, I feel we’d be better served with him at FB, because Weiters is Elite at intercept, has excellent disposal, and sets up a lot of our play, but is forced to be our main defender at FB becuase we don’t have anyone else who can defend as well as him on the KPFs. We really need to clone Weiters.

Has allegedly been told to be more team focused for a number of weeks. Allegedly told to calm down the celebrations.

Scored a ripper goal in the Showdown, showed his teeth to the crowd.

Was hung out to dry in the media about it. Coach and Rory Laird said it wasn't what their club stood for.

Has been dropped, allegdly for poor performances, despite the fact he's scored 30 goals and is the highest scoring small forward in the comp under 22 years old and his competition in the forward line (especially with Rankine injured) is a bunch of bums like Lachlan Murphy (somehow in the leadership group).

Rachelle liked an isntagram post saying he was mistreated by the club and should leave.

I reckon he is ripe for the picking. Austen needs to be all over this rather than worrying about Houston or Petracca who are unattainable due to cost trade and salary cost.

Although he comes with risk of unfulfilled potential the best version of Rachele is the sort of player we are missing. He will still cost a bit of trade capital to get but he will likely never be cheaper.

We should be able to fit his salary in as I’d imagine he be on the same or thereabouts to Hayward who we were bidding for. If not I’d be prepared to lose Owies to make cap space for him.

I reckon he is ripe for the picking. Austen needs to be all over this rather than worrying about Houston or Petracca who are unattainable due to cost trade and salary cost.

Although he comes with risk of unfulfilled potential the best version of Rachele is the sort of player we are missing. He will still cost a bit of trade capital to get but he will likely never be cheaper.

We should be able to fit his salary in as I’d imagine he be on the same or thereabouts to Hayward who we were bidding for. If not I’d be prepared to lose Owies to make cap space for him.
Yep Agree. I dont usually endorse 'selfish' players, but in the case of goal kicking, I think we need to make an exception for him, because we are too Harry & Charlie centric, and we faff about with the ball trying to do the team thing so much we often overturn it. Someone with his confidence to take the shot and his finishing skills would be most welcome. The only issue I see with him is that if he is down on confidence and not converting, he is going to cop it from all angles for being selfish.

Aleer as a target makes sense to me. KPD is our number 1 priority.
Young, should not cost the earth, Frees up weitering
Should assist our defence
What is his 1 on 1 % win rate?

A 23 YO KPD (Aleer) should be the priority over a 28 YO HBF (Houston).

Contracted 23yo with huge promise. Just turned 23 this week.

I’d happily give our first rounder.

If landed him he’s going to be an immediate mainstay in our best 23 and an important key partner for Weitering for the next 8 years.

We likely get nothing for Martin. Swap of late picks at best. Doubt we offer him a contract at all.
I think he is worthy of a 1 year contract rather then get nothing for him, and considering we'll have a new fitness boss which may sort out his soft tissue injuries, and then if he's out for most of that year, delist next year.

I think he is worthy of a 1 year contract rather then get nothing for him, and considering we'll have a new fitness boss which may sort out his soft tissue injuries, and then if he's out for most of that year, delist next year.
Play him sparingly maybe. Agree. Better value to keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT:2024 First2025 FirstOwies2025 Third
IN:AleerRachelle2024
Second
Ryan

Gives us 2x second round picks and Haynes (DFA), plus not too fussed about Jacob Ryan…
Not a believer in the draft?
Giving away two first rounders, Aleer is definitely not a 1st rounder, only give away 1st round picks for real quality, Geelong & Hawthorn are probably going to get Smith & Barass for a 1st round pick, Aleer & Rachelle are not remotely close to their value.

Not a believer in the draft?
Giving away two first rounders, Aleer is definitely not a 1st rounder, only give away 1st round picks for real quality, Geelong & Hawthorn are probably going to get Smith & Barass for a 1st round pick, Aleer & Rachelle are not remotely close to their value.
We don’t have access to Smith or Barass..

Fixes holes in our side with 2x players that have 10+ years left, of which both are contracted so wouldn’t get them for peanuts… 2x Firsts for a 28yo in an area we have covered isn’t worth it IMO…

Don’t see the issue in paying up for young kids that have shown they can play at the level…

Getting a second for Owies would give us another pick in a draft that they say you can throw a blanket over pick 10-30…

We don’t have access to Smith or Barass..

Fixes holes in our side with 2x players that have 10+ years left, of which both are contracted so wouldn’t get them for peanuts… 2x Firsts for a 28yo in an area we have covered isn’t worth it IMO…

Don’t see the issue in paying up for young kids that have shown they can play at the level…

Getting a second for Owies would give us another pick in a draft that they say you can throw a blanket over pick 10-30…
Pretty sure most recruiters have a very different view to this, there is some real quality in this draft, most clubs will be holding their picks unless there is some one of significant value.
l don't see us giving away a 1st for either Aleer or Rachelle, a 2nd for Aleer is fair value.
Aleer is not even a regular player at senior level.

I've made my thoughts clear on Elijah.

Let's see if he can stand up tomorrow when needed.
you must know something we don't because we couldn't have asked for much more from a 22 year old in his 3rd season, only played 14 games before moving to the blues also.

We would get something surely.

But agree we won't offer him a contract.
We’ll get nothing - maybe a token late pick.

They would be absolutely brain dead to offer pick 26 for a delisted free agent that they could pick up for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back