Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Yup our window is the next 2 to 3 years, for our 17th Cup, after that it’s a rebuild all over again. Austin has a huge responsibility , needs to be a aggressive and take some risks, hopefully he has plenty of luck too.
But taking 2 firsts this year is the beginning of rebuilding on the run

If we go to the draft and we get 3 top 25 picks that work out and the Campo boys, add to that (only going to make players 25 and under):
Tdk
Cowan
Walsh
Cerra
EHollands
OHollands
Moir
Lord
Wilson
Motlop
Binns
Kemp etc

There’s no rebuild coming. A reset maybe but that happens. Each year we probably bring in 7 or so players so plenty of unheard of players will be on our list over the next 5 years and many will be greats of our club
thats a shit ton of faith in our player development

Soapy gets quality info but as he explained was asked to keep it under his hat.

Given that he stated it wasn’t a game changer, it’s just as likely not going to happen as it’s not a key piece and dependent on other things also happening.

Some people get cryptic for the likes & attention, others are just respectful of there relationships & good enough to share with us what they can.

Nailed it. It's this simple.

If you don't agree or don't like what I post that is your decision. No issue at all BUT why the crap and personal attacks. It's seflish, poor and just ruins it for everyone. Positive is it's only a few

Like the majority on here I hang out for info from people like EP and M3. It's awesome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting how the ITK big guns came in to announce the most underwhelming scenario imaginable. 😂
I like my pre-draft drink a lot spicier than that.
So I'm gunna say it's far more likely they don't want anything interesting getting out in the media.
That makes me think of Paps and Trac, maybe Houston..
Delicate negotiations. Fun stuff like that.

I also refer to Crippto's Bombshell.
Pretty sure it aint about Haynes or Membrey like the corners of my mind...

EP came in not long after that and E.B. liked it.

Not saying I won't be happy with the basics if that's all we get, but for now, I'm gunna play 'what ifs'. Much more fun!
Agree, Hanyes and or Membery are professional, serviceable and supportive battle horses, if the club chooses that direction, I’ll support them as I have always. Exciting youth is always welcome and the bedrock of clubs.
However would appreciate some explosiveness , precipitous moves,
with guile , skill , speed & IQ to trade in some A graders .
Go Blues

It's interesting how the ITK big guns came in to announce the most underwhelming scenario imaginable. 😂
I like my pre-draft drink a lot spicier than that.

If that's the most underwhelming result then it tells me there's a shit ton of upside this player acquisition period.

Better to go in with lowered expectations and come out smelling like roses than going in with OTT expectations and coming out smelling like shit.

Perryman to the Pies - Cal Twomey

Wouldn’t be surprised if Port don’t trade Houston now

They'll trade him but it'll be a little closer to their terms now.

Perryman to the Pies - Cal Twomey

Wouldn’t be surprised if Port don’t trade Houston now

Good, I prefer the ITK outcomes…great draft with plenty of quick small forwards and/or midfielders

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The 20 year ‘continuous improvement’ model has got us only to a Prelim loss and the journey to #17 doesn’t look as close to me as it does others.
We haven't had a "continuous improvement" strategy for 20 years.

Let's be frank.

For much of the 2002-2021 period we simply had no ****ing idea.

The strategy was get a bunch of high draft picks, trade in Chris Judd, add a messiah coach and voila. Premiership.

Then SOS came on board who had more of an idea and knew that hitting the draft hard again was the thing to do. Thern he started targeting shiny toys from around the league and from where he came.

There's been no long-term strategy put into place. Hell, there really hasn't been much of a short-term one either. It's been a rudderless ship for so long.

I believe that we'll add the right veteran players that will help us win NOW if they're available to us at a price we can justify. if not then we focus on the long-term and bring in younger players. But it will be a mix of both.

thats a shit ton of faith in our player development

For the first time in as long as I can remember the confidence is justified.

Loving the way Cowan has developed from where he was when we got him into the player he is now.

Respect that Ollie Hollands has gotten two years into him immediately, shown a willingness to take it up to bigger, stronger and battle hardened bodies and keeps coming back for more.

Have loved some of the cameos that the other youngsters have shown. The one's at the end of the season are mouth watering for the future.

Get the mix right and we'll improve now and into the future.

If that's the most underwhelming result then it tells me there's a shit ton of upside this player acquisition period.

Better to go in with lowered expectations and come out smelling like roses than going in with OTT expectations and coming out smelling like shit.
SUJURIv.gif

For the first time in as long as I can remember the confidence is justified.

Loving the way Cowan has developed from where he was when we got him into the player he is now.

Respect that Ollie Hollands has gotten two years into him immediately, shown a willingness to take it up to bigger, stronger and battle hardened bodies and keeps coming back for more.

Have loved some of the cameos that the other youngsters have shown. The one's at the end of the season are mouth watering for the future.

Get the mix right and we'll improve now and into the future.
Would love to see what Wilson can do with a couple of games run in the seniors

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back