Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

If Young barely gets picked for us and has been told to look elsewhere and BZT and Ratugolea are picked every week for a side that played in the prelim, doesnt that suggest that the gap is pretty big?
Young is just as good as Zirk-thatcher any day of the week. Better, imo.

As for Ratugolea, Port were so confident in him as a KPD, they played him as a KPF!

Last edited:
If Young barely gets picked for us and has been told to look elsewhere and BZT and Ratugolea are picked every week for a side that played in the prelim, doesnt that suggest that the gap is pretty big?

I'd have no problem giving Young away for nothing. I've said this before...he's OK in a marking contest, but anything other than that he just shits the bed. I swear, it looks like he's playing on slicks the number of times he just goes to ground for no apparent reason...I think it's a subconscious copout mechanism. If he has the ball in space, he looks completely lost.

Apologies to any fans of his...this isn't personal. I just don't think he's cutout for modern footy.

Just give pick 12 and a F2 to Port if that'll get Houston. I reckon 6-7 years out of a two time AA who is an absolutely elite kick of the footy while Crippa is still around is at least the equal of a 50/50 chance of a good pickup in the draft.

Judging from Austin’s tone, seems there’s a clear directive to play the kids more. To my ears at least.

Good, that’s what should be happening periodically throughout every year not just when there’s another injury crisis

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well we do have Weitering a top 2 key defender in the comp. Plus the two intercepting types that we wanted to play in Gov and Kemp. Port only have Allir as a lock in the back 7 as a tall. They don't have much choice but to play them

Last edited:
It's a bit odd.

Coll with the oldest list in the comp, arguably holding on by a thread to not fall off the cliff, want to spend all their 1st rounders on an established players. Shultz included if you count him based on the pick they used being this year.

Carlton, in the 'premiership age' window, want to go to the draft.

The best outcome for us is to do both, and in fairness I think that's what they are thinking too. I am glad we have the strategy of making sure that we don't completely ignore the draft, and bring in 1st round talent each year. We need to keep building that 18 to 24 year old base.

No it doesn't.

We belted the Cats yet they ended up missing a GF by a whisker.

The MC screwed up by picking Doc and a bunch of others with no or limited match fitness..... selection integrity was compromised - and it sent a horrible message to the players....

Our midfield - after Cripps, Walsh (* not fit), Cerra (* not fit), Doc (*very not fit) and Kennedy was subbed out early (major brain fade). And another terrible message to the playing group.

Pitto as first ruck - a fail.

You'd almost reckon Vossy had thrown a lazy $500 on the Lions to win big!
We finished the season 2-7..

At the end of 2022 the same stuff was rolled out, we need to go to the draft to smooth out the cap and we will target players next year, 2023 comes around and we trade out two players, bring in Hollands and the cheap and go to the draft in the late 20’s, the same lines were rolled out, we need to hit the draft and we will target players next year and now its 2024 and we are rolling out the same lines.

We are desperate for a second key defender, last year one went as a free agent, this year Barass will go to the Hawks and Battle went to the Hawks, we weren’t linked to any, the only reason why a club desperate for another key defender wasn’t in the discussion is because we have no $$$$.

Maybe next year will be the year we have the $$$ to go after a player of need but people already are talking about the big $$$ needed to re-sign Weits and TDK.

With all theses gun players on big $$$$$ and the need to re-sign two more players on long term big $$$$ deals, why dont we have anything to show for it? It’s not like these players are young and then why are clubs who have been continually better than in the past, have $$$$ to target players in areas of need to strengthen their teams?
Bravo DD 👏👏👏
It's frustrating as some of our very good players are getting long in the tooth. The time is now. The way our football club operates and plays on the field is for the best part mirrored on this forum. Mediocrity is excepted, expected and guaranteed. Kevin Sheedy once told me you need to add 2 or 3 best 22 players every year.
Everyone on hear is using the injury excuse....the old "she'll be right mate". It doesn't work like that!
Good clubs are proactive & ruthless in their desire to improve. The fence is no place to sit if you want to win Premierships. We are collectively too nice and accepting of our fate!

It's a bit odd.

Coll with the oldest list in the comp, arguably holding on by a thread to not fall off the cliff, want to spend all their 1st rounders on an established players. Shultz included if you count him based on the pick they used being this year.

Carlton, in the 'premiership age' window, want to go to the draft.

The best outcome for us is to do both, and in fairness I think that's what they are thinking too. I am glad we have the strategy of making sure that we don't completely ignore the draft, and bring in 1st round talent each year. We need to keep building that 18 to 24 year old base.
I think if it was someone like Bolton then both our first rounders would be on the table in a flash. I think our problem is that putting all our resources into someone like Houston may not solve our biggest problems and we will be completely out of salary cap room if we get him. We would then not be able to address them next year either.

As mentioned above. I think the worry with Houston is that you have to overpay for pick 13 then overpay for Houston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else think it's really strange that all of the ITK's turned up on here at the same time last week and then they all just disappeared again?
I’d hazard a guess that Glicksy’s lack of finesse brought on a shutdown from management. And I’d argue that’s a good response.

So Durdin is a midfielder but we’re playing him as a small forward ??

Can’t see how he breaks into the midfield group…particularly with two crook shoulders.

He’d be better off learning the small forward caper real quick.

Played as a mid until u16, then spent his last couple of junior/SANFL years as a small forward.

Was (is) never going to make it as an AFL mid.

At most maybe a high HF, a few cameos at clearances. But not as a full-time mid.

JSOS also has something that you can't teach, footy smarts. Just knows where to run and is not prone to brain fades like Kemp...
Imagine that's why we brought in Haynes. Smart, responsible player who can trust himself to make a decision with his positioning, kicking, and can halve a contest if needed.

Kemp does his best, but isnt that yet, and in trying to be wastes his obvious talents. Still feel he should be ran through the midfield. Both big bodied and quick.

JSOS could play a run with role up forward on the Tom Stewarts etc. Is responsible and smart enough to blanket them and can hurt them if they dont pay him appropriate levels of attention. Kemp might be a better fit for that role tho. Definitely see them fighting for a spot

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

After listening to the filth the last couple of days (Leppa and the flogs calling in on SEN) I’ve done a 180 on Houston out of spite. We must get him but need to go aground GCS to do it as the filth appears to have successfully shut us out there for the time being.

I love this passion and despise for everything black and white, but it needs to return on field via our players.
They have become rabbits in headlights when we play the filth these days - and that sh1ts me more!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back