Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

If we could crack into the top ten then i'd be happy with two picks prior to the campos
From what I've seen and understand, it's pretty even from 6-30 in this draft, though I'd argue some are valued too highly in that mix.
Cody Walker
Yeah but he's going to need some help pretty quickly after he enters the league. He's basically replacing Cripps.
JSOS also has something that you can't teach, footy smarts. Just knows where to run and is not prone to brain fades like Kemp...
Time to lose the development coaches, video analysis work, and throw that money at the recruitment team then

Per year? That’s two years salary for a player like Owies. Not sure what he’s thinking.
His manager is not doing his job if he's asking for such an unrealistic contract.
Don’t believe everything you read on the internet and that sounds like something made up.

Houston isn’t just about the trade capital it is about the wage, Houston is a quality AFL footballer and would demand a good wage and rightly so and we would love to add him to the list.

But Weitering up for a new contract, TDK also must be priority over a good HBF. No idea where our cap is at but that will have just as big a say as draft picks. Trust the club to know what they are doing.
Well with the delistings, Kennedy and owies potentially off the books, plus the reported 850k we were willing to throw at Hayward this year id say we're fine.

Holy crap...when you hear Austin's response when asked about Owies, he'd be starting to pack his bags as we speak. 'We need list spots, JSOS back next year, want to get games in Moir, have faith in Durds and Motlop' etc

I reckons Owies is G.O.R.N. Or maybe re-rookied at best.
Prefer Owies as a forward. Certainly sounds like he won’t be getting paid a lot if he gets to go around again with us, though surely someone would pick him up for backup, if not best XXII (capable of 30+ goals).

Sound out the interest of PTA for Motlop > Houston offer.

Contested footy smart is a premium. Just ask Brisbane coach with Neil, Dunkley, McCluggage & Ashcroft - all full of pace. ;)
it's obviously not just pace, as I originally said, "The market wants midfielders with some combination of fast feet, leg speed, elite/damaging kicking in play, ability to play inside & out." I mean, I even wrote it so you can exclude any reference to pace and still have what would be considered a sought-after type, you just had to pay attention.

Josh Schache delisted by Melbourne.

Could we do what we did to Jones and turn him into a decent 2nd tall/FB???

I think this has been experimented with at some point though....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been tried.

He's a three club bust unfortunately

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

No. He’s shit.

GIF by Zack Kantor

it's obviously not just pace, as I originally said, "The market wants midfielders with some combination of fast feet, leg speed, elite/damaging kicking in play, ability to play inside & out." I mean, I even wrote it so you can exclude any reference to pace and still have what would be considered a sought-after type, you just had to pay attention.
Kennedy plays outside and inside. You can belittle posters with your final comment, as you like to do, but facts are, he is better outside than some of our existing mids. He has better skills, defensive mindset and hits the score board.

As I said - Dunkley and McGluggage are close to Kennedy's skill set, Neil and Ashcroft also have similar leg speed.
That is fact - now you can ignore if you like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back