Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly don't know. So many things happening and it's hard to get a read on things. One deal could affect so many others.

Reading between the lines on comments to me is there will be pick swaps etc to do deals that none of us have even discussed

If I was Austin I would be stressed. He could easily do some deals that will really help us or may walk away with little and be frustrated. Really earning his money this year
I love hearing he’s got heaps going on.
We need to be as active as allows imo

Start trade period on a Wednesday, finish Tuesday, weekend to haggle value

I can't see a point in delaying the start to a Wednesday, the first 2 days are going to be the same, except deals can't be done.
But they shouldn't need the last 2 days to get deals done.
Start on the Monday, weekend to sort it out, finish on the Monday.

Prefer Owies as a forward. Certainly sounds like he won’t be getting paid a lot if he gets to go around again with us, though surely someone would pick him up for backup, if not best XXII (capable of 30+ goals).

Sound out the interest of PTA for Motlop > Houston offer.
Mots to Port as part of a DH deal, why not!!

As I said - Dunkley and McGluggage are close to Kennedy's skill set, Neil and Ashcroft also have similar leg speed.
That is fact - now you can ignore if you like

This is not fact at all, clearly just your opinion and how you rate Kennedy.

Kennedy is far below the standards of all those mentioned, it’s why he’s been delisted and is facing heading to his 3rd club and whilst the others are on big contracts.

Mots to Port as part of a DH deal, why not!!
I'd rather put Mots behind the ball.

This is not fact at all, clearly just your opinion and how you rate Kennedy.

Kennedy is far below the standards of all those mentioned, it’s why he’s been delisted and is facing heading to his 3rd club and whilst the others are on big contracts.
Agree with you on his level of output, but he's never been delisted. Dunkley is the closest skill set, but he's also a lot more physically strong at the same level of pace.

Kennedy was overrated in his draft year, and the complications of his broken leg in that period seem to have hampered his opportunity to really push his body to a level of performance befitting that rating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're going to look at failed high-end KPF prospects, surely we'd be keeping an eye on the Weideman situation at the Bombers.

If he's open to playing in defence, he'd be a great DFA.

I've mentioned him before. Saw him in a few reserves games at FB and looked more than handy. More at home

I would certainly be enquiring

Imo if Kennedy is leaving and where letting owies go, then Austin must have something else he’s confident of getting
We're already in a good spot in the draft to secure an elite small/general forward. Kennedy is a role that we are stocked in, and is only leaving if he can get midfield time somewhere else via a trade.

I'd rather put Mots behind the ball.

Agree with you on his level of output, but he's never been delisted. Dunkley is the closest skill set, but he's also a lot more physically strong at the same level of pace.

Kennedy was overrated in his draft year, and the complications of his broken leg in that period seem to have hampered his opportunity to really push his body to a level of performance befitting that rating.
Need to remember Dunkley and others also played predominately midfield. Kennedy has not. Stats are pretty good given the positions played.

Owies let go and Sam Durdin and Orazio Fantasia remain on the list ridiculous list management.
Fantasia is contracted for 1 more year we’re just stuck with him, whom was the genius that thought he could contribute to the team.

Need to remember Dunkley and others also played predominately midfield. Kennedy has not. Stats are pretty good given the positions played.
I'm barely talking about output, I'm talking about his ability to cover territory, to burst from stoppage, and to wrestle with opponents.

He is a very crafty footballer, but his body and athletic output are not at the same level as the other players you've mentioned.

We're already in a good spot in the draft to secure an elite small/general forward. Kennedy is a role that we are stocked in, and is only leaving if he can get midfield time somewhere else via a trade.
Yeah agree Jim. It was always going to be hard for both of Kennedy/hewitt to survive. Or if they did both survive, then one might have been playing a fair amount of twos.
Imo, it’s a big piece of the puzzle in balancing up the midfield

Owies let go and Sam Durdin and Orazio Fantasia remain on the list ridiculous list management.
Fantasia is contracted for 1 more year we’re just stuck with him, whom was the genius that thought he could contribute to the team.
And why was he given 2 years?

1 year + an option, standard for a bloke in his situation....

Michael Voss. Loves him from his Port days.
That was a long time ago by his form this year.

It may still play out that Durdin goes and Owies stays, but he's going to see less opportunities as a forward in the senior side and I'm not sure where else he can play.

If he stays this year, he's probably going the next, but if he's asking for too much money then he goes immediately. Clubs are probably trying to shake him out, then bringing him in as senior depth.

Michael Voss. Loves him from his Port days.
That was a long time ago by his form this year.
Fantasia is depth, and does a great job linking with midfield and applying pressure alongside being able to crumb a goal. I don't think we expected him to play as many games as he did this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back