Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

If GC are giving up 23 for Noble they need to be tarred and feathered

If Noble wanted to come to our club I’d be horrified if Austen gave up a draft pick in the 30s to get him.

But Gold Coast are so desperate to accomodate any playing wanting to go there that they’ll probably overpay.

That just simply can't be true though. I refuse to believe that it is.
Nobody, in their right mind, Owies included, would value him at that price range.
His manager should be stripped of his license if it is true.

His manager has immediately come out and rubbished that report. Not sure where it came from.

Loopy season.

I think Owies will end up elsewhere - on nowhere near that money.

I'd rather put Mots behind the ball.

Agree with you on his level of output, but he's never been delisted. Dunkley is the closest skill set, but he's also a lot more physically strong at the same level of pace.

Kennedy was overrated in his draft year, and the complications of his broken leg in that period seem to have hampered his opportunity to really push his body to a level of performance befitting that rating.

Sorry Jimmie, Kennedy was delisted at the end of 2020 and redrafted from the rookie draft.

Seems I’ve been unfair on Owies. I said he has no footy iq. Apparently he wants 750-800k per year. He obviously has no iq whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That owies salary ask leak is a little odd.

Why would we burn a player like that?

That just simply can't be true though. I refuse to believe that it is.
Nobody, in their right mind, Owies included, would value him at that price range.
His manager should be stripped of his license if it is true.

His manager has immediately come out and rubbished that report. Not sure where it came from.

Loopy season.

I think Owies will end up elsewhere - on nowhere near that money.

Owies is after opportunity, not a pay rise
Matt Owies’ manager Matt Bain has scoffed at a report that his client was demanding $800,000 per year to continue his AFL career.

The small forward is yet to be offered a contract at Carlton despite kicking 33 goals this season, and Bain told this masthead that Owies was “looking for opportunities to continue his career, rather than a pay rise”.

They want to make sure it will be on traded to Port for Houston because that pick will get the Lukosius deal done.

IMO our offer for 13 is much better than Collingwood’s which assigns way too much value to Noble as a trade asset.

I think the problem may be that GC aren’t sure we’ll do the Houston deal if we do get 13 off them whereas they know the Pies will.

They're trading away 13 just to get it back for Lukosius?

I think they'd be better suited with our future 1+2 and telling noble to stay where he is. Pies are asking for A grade compensation for a D grade player.

Would they take Ports future 1st for Lukosius?

Test of just how stupid the GC list managers are. If history is a guide the answer is - pretty damn stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better than the best?
Our third best forward can’t even find another club who wants him. I certainly think we should and could improve that part of our game but we were doing it better than anyone else.
Geez I've got a case of dislexia I think. I read the OP as "a stat at the end of the season showing we were the most inefficient side in the league going inside 50"... :oops:

He's not delisted. He is under contract. At his exit interview he expressed a desire to play more midfield minutes. The club could not guarantee that so he is free to canvass other clubs to see what they might offer. If he doesn't find the right fit, he stays.

previously delisted, using the fact he has been delisted in the past and is facing a stint at a third club to show he isn’t in the same class as Dunkley, Neale, Mcluggage, Ashcroft.

Could we bring out the double barrel tomorrow,GW to take over from BC and Dan nominates the Blues?
Imagine the melts😀
Nba Playoffs Reaction GIF by NBA

Kennedy plays outside and inside. You can belittle posters with your final comment, as you like to do, but facts are, he is better outside than some of our existing mids. He has better skills, defensive mindset and hits the score board.

As I said - Dunkley and McGluggage are close to Kennedy's skill set, Neil and Ashcroft also have similar leg speed.
That is fact - now you can ignore if you like.
I'll give you Dunkley on physical traits, but MK is not even close to McCluggage or Ashcroft in speed or skill set.

He might be of similar leg speed to Neale, but Neale's evasiveness, agility, and fitness is miles above Chugga's.

I’m excited that there has been no interest in young. I feel this type of kick up the ass will be exactly what he needs to have a huge preseason and take a massive step forward for next year. Add Houston to apply more pressure up the ground and this time next year we will be very happy with the performance of our backline.
As much as I would love to agree I just think his deficiencies will always be there.. he’s not agressive enough as a KPD to outbody and outwork KPF’s and his kicking/decision making will always continue to let him down.

I have been following this whole Dan Houston situation, i honestly think the only way he won’t nominate us is if we won’t broker a deal for him, everything would have been put forward to Dan already thats why Port are sooking it up about the picks being offered, the filth is just a bluff to try to scare us into paying more. He was a mad Carlton supporter growing up, very close with Jsos who he played junior footy with and has a close relationship with Vossy. The media is just full of s**t coming up with bogus headlines, the only way he goes to the filth is if it’s a last resort and he has no other options and we won’t pay up for him thats it, just let it all play out now.

After they practically fell over themselves to offer Pick 2 for when Lachie Weller decided to come home to GC … I could totally see them giving up 23 for Noble.

Apparently they've grown a backbone...

However, the two clubs have hit an early snag. Sources have confirmed Collingwood have offered Noble and its future first round pick to Gold Coast in exchange for picks 13 and 23 from the Suns.

It’s understood the Suns are not keen to do that deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back