Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe

Wright starts Monday and was asked today at the presser if he will get involved with trade week and he said he won’t but will talk with Austin and Lloyd so we will see what happens
In the press conference Cook specifically said he was looking forward to Wright's input on their trade week strategy.

Hard to tell what’s going on but you have to think that the play it cool approach isn’t the best way to go about it if you’re genuinely interested. If we really want him just give up 12 + F2 and then try to trade back in later.
If your priority is taking a top 15 pick to draft why would you trade your only one when you aren't guaranteed to get another.

If your priority is taking a top 15 pick to draft why would you trade your only one when you aren't guaranteed to get another.
I guess the club hasn’t said anything but the noise suggests we have a foot in each camp. Hard to believe our position with him is we’ll take you if you can’t get a deal done and it’s on our terms. I don’t buy it.

Think a lot of this trade period hinges on who we can trade out and get some picks for. We need list spots and probably need a few 2nd/3rd rounders short of being able to make the supposed deals line up and work. Kennedy, Owies, Young and Carroll departing would unlock options for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the club hasn’t said anything but the noise suggests we have a foot in each camp. Hard to believe our position with him is we’ll take you if you can’t get a deal done and it’s on our terms. I don’t buy it.
I personally don't see it as a foot in each camp as we have made it clear via Austin's interviews that our priority is hitting the draft this off season. We currently have one first round pick to do that in 2024. Now, we are trying to bring in a second first round pick to give us the flexibility to put a deal together for Houston. That's what you would do if the draft is priority one and Houston priority two imo

Houston does not want Collingwood. Port hopefully won’t force his hand for 1 first round pick and a fringe pie that won’t even be best 22.
He may prefer Carlton but if he wants to go to Victoria I don't think he is going to say no to Collingwood if it gives Port the best deal.

If Houston has a preference he just needs to come out and nominate who it is.

Also the other thing I hate about trade week is certain picks holding everything up.

This GC pick 13 is a pain.

Why can't we just trade our F1 and whatever else we were thinking to Port.

Port can then go and on trade it to whoever they want (go get the GC 13 if that's the one).

Just painful

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back