Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

It depends as this is really about us helping them get the player they want that they don't think will last to that pick. If there isn't a player they want then of course they wouldn't do it... but if there is... you'd expect they'd need to overpay to some extent. Perhaps we'd need to throw in a F3

Are we allowed to trade a F3 without having a F1?

Our current picks are:
12, 14, 69, 72, 73
69, 72, 73 = 77 points
Guess on Ben C is between pick 30 (approx 600 points) and pick 50 (200 points).
Still more in play for us, my guess...
look at the haul of picks brisbane have for matching, those picks should increase in value 5-10 places each

Surely we use one of 12 and 14 (+ whatever extras) on DH?

Simply reality is that it's about 50/50 that a draft kid at that point makes it as an AFL player.

You might get 2 x Patrick Cripps, you might get 2 x Paddy Dow (sorry Paddy).

Use 1 pick on Houston, you've got a walk up, top 10 player - week in, week out.

And the draft kid - well, fingers crossed.

Of course we'd trade one of the picks but that won't get it done alone we have no currency left for the +.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that it’s frustrating, and I was expecting more interest and decent offers for Owies and Kennedy.

But DFA has changed the market. And it’s going to change even more with the new DVI.

I’m wondering who the similar players are that other clubs have been able to extract value from?
And we can’t ignore how cheap we were able to get Blacres and Lij.

Blake Acres is a good example here, I’ve read where Blake talks about how upset he was with Fremantle offer and he hadn’t thought of leaving until it was obvious that they didn’t rate him.

We gave a 3rd round pick

Fremantle gave an offensive offer that made the player feel undervalued but they still made an offer and we still had to do a trade, a great pick up by us, a mistake by them imo, but they were still able to get a useful pick for a player they clearly didn’t rate.

Jack Darling just went for a pick, Luke Parker will go for a pick, Hawks trade a 2nd round pick for Choo who was mostly playing reserves as well.

Probably more likely we helped unlock the Barrass trade, if anything. Future 1st (probably in the range of 12-18) plus that future 2nd we sent over too. Hawks still gave up 14 essentially but West Coast get more back now, which is what they were haggling over.

It did diddle them out of another first rounder in this year's draft though which is strong while next year's is supposedly not.

If I were WC I'd want to load up on this years draft but Yeah, who cares about WC.

On matching Campo bids, assuming we stick with picks 12 and 14 (don’t split either), we have the following options I believe:

(1) Trade our future third and/or fourth into this draft to gain more points.

(2) Trade players (Owies, Kennedy, J Carroll) for late picks to gain points. This maybe seems less likely given the reported lack of interest.

(3) Go into some deficit next year which probably isn’t a big deal given Brisbane’s second will likely be around pick 40.

None of these things will materially alter our trajectory and we’ll be getting both brothers with especially Ben most certainly worth much more than we’ll be giving up for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back