Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Graham Wright to Carlton make me go crazy.

Leppa: don't mind if I do

crazy GIF

Nothing ground breaking but Gold Coast is not the only club we're discussing a pick swap with.

We've had discussions with Richmond about swapping future picks for picks this year. This would be done after their player deals are completed.
This is the deal Richmond was teeing up with us. WC were dragging their feet so we went to the source.

The Darling comparison isn't fair. Darling is at the end and is very cheap. He is there because North need some mature back up help

Houston is 27 and has 3-4 years at a high level and will help us straight away. Many people on here are happy not to get him. His deal will also NOT stop us getting some role players via cheap trades or DFA.

I see both sides. I really like Houston and he will be a great addition BUT I am also happy if we take another Top 15 pick to the draft.

Whatever happens I can't see us losing on this
It's what you do with the pick. Can have pick 3 and go Dow vs LDU and the top 3 pick hasn't helped you at all.

Known quantity with higher cost (salary) vs potential with lower cost.

Spin the wheel.

ff134593eda02b4d1c2f447f3425a31f.gif

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have I missed something, or do we no longer have the picks for the Campo boys?

I suspect we have something else brewing in order to match bids for them, but as far as I can see we have pick 12, 14 then pick 69 and a couple in the 70s? No chance of matching any bid with that.

I suspect we have something else brewing in order to match bids for them, but as far as I can see we are pick 14 then pick 69? No chance of matching any bid with that.
Picks will come in by a fair bit on draft night so I think we will have it covered

Wickz what are you thinking in regards to Houston?

Am so lost on that one.

Have heard that we're still keen. Have heard that we're out. Have heard that we were never really interested.

Where I sit -- club has done an incredible job keeping it's cards close to it's chest.

However, it would be genius if Austin walked away dealing with Sydney for their two firsts and simultaneously traded the other one (12/14) for Houston. Would genuinely be one of the greatest coups ever.

I suspect we have something else brewing in order to match bids for them, but as far as I can see we have pick 12, 14 then pick 69 and a couple in the 70s? No chance of matching any bid with that.

Should have enough points. If not can trade f3 or go into deficit.

Not worried about those picks. We'll get something for Kennedy/Owies/Young and that'll get Ben done. Lucas will come through the rookie draft.

Should have enough points. If not can trade f3 or go into deficit.
After pick 14 we only have 77 points total, that's pick 67. Ben will taken well before then.

We also have a couple academy picks next season we'll be wanting picks for so going into deficit may not be the plan. It could be, but I'd be somewhat surprised.

I suspect it won't be an issue as no doubt we've accounted for it but point being we still have work to do before the end of the trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back