Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Or maybe we’re in this predicament because Austin and Co, have failed to manage the list and cap better…

Overseeing huge contracts (that have stymied our list flexibility) for McKay, Curnow and Cripps. With Walsh, Weitering & TDK still to come..

Bring in big money underperforming players such as Cerra & Williams… While also keeping and continuing to keep injury prone players on the list…

I don’t buy all our injuries we due to Andrew Russell (an highly regarded figure in the industry). Russell would have been part of the melting pot, but so is having a list, littered with injury prone players because they are cheap…

IMO the football department as a whole isn’t up to premiership standard.. Hopefully Wright with his exceptional experience in this area can stamp his authority…

Lloyd > Bartell
Voss
Assistants > reduce number and get better quality, higher regarded assistants and coaching group. Our staff numbers here are huge.
Austin > ?
Assistants > Refresh

Something’s got to change. We have a best 23 with 6x All Australians, 2x Leading Goal Kickers, Brownlow Medalist, League MVP, Best Player of Finals.

All brilliant individual achievements, but as a group that have grown up together and played a lot of football together best H & A finish is 5.. Yes made a prelim, due to Blake Acres brilliance…
Pretty sure Cook with his great depth of experience would have made these assessments by now.
Very difficult to make some of your judgements we are just not close enough.
Austin is doing a solid job despite some negative posters.

Is Noble a triple AA brownlow medalist or something

Ive never seen a player so overrated before

3rd round pick at best

I've been saying it all along. His value is similar to that of Kennedy's . But teams have become so accustomed to ripping Gold Coast off despite years and years of claiming those days are over (remember Jack Martin was their line in the sand moment) that they think it's their turn.

Unless there is a “can’t miss” option higher up in the draft, I’d be much happier staying with & . I know it was a previous regime, but our botching of many recent top [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] picks makes me very nervous. The ghosts of Dow, SPS and LOB are not fading away as quickly as I’d like.
Can someone decipher this for me

What's your take on Houston vs The Draft, pane-boy?
Big fan of this draft. So many good players. I love what they did today. Would be over the moon if we could grab Bo Allan.

Houston is terrific but I would prefer to build and build and build. I never want to bottom out. I don’t think we have enough good young players.

One absolute gun (if we traded up) or two very good players would be awesome.

We have 77 points (after 14). Enough to match a bid at 65 only. He may go lower than expected, but not that low. I still expect we'll be doing more - either using one of our high picks to trade down to say ~18 and a couple of 3rd round picks, or try to get a couple of picks around that mark for Kennedy/Owies/Carroll.
Those picks will come in a lot after bris F/S and academy, GC academy, *academy. My calculations say we can match pic 35 on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like this Grainger-Barass thing has taken on a life of its own thanks to a joke post about him being seen inside a cafe at Ikon Park. C’mon people. 😂
Dude was no joke he was spotted there this morning. Im just passing on what I was told. No reason to make it up nor did the person who told me who actually saw him.

So I'm not an expert on points... But we can go into negative right?

If we go into negative and we don't have a future first or second could that impact the 2026 draft?

Pretty sure Cook with his great depth of experience would have made these assessments by now.
Very difficult to make some of your judgements we are just not close enough.
Austin is doing a solid job despite some negative posters.
Not saying Austin’s not. Just wanted to add a different perspective.

The point I wanted to make the list is at the point it is from Austin’s decisions, we can’t blame the past.

The club underperforming on field falls on the football department as a whole.

If we don't have enough points to match the Campo twins, then lets just go into a deficit next year...

Then, when we don't have enough points for Ison and Gresham, we can go into a deficit for the year after...

Then, when we don't have enough points for Cody, we can go into deficit again...

Its deficits all the way down.

Dude was no joke he was spotted there this morning. Im just passing on what I was told. No reason to make it up nor did the person who told me who actually saw him.

I didnt mean to suggest anyone was making up a story. Just assumed it was a joke because of how out there it actually sounds. :)

man dollar GIF

I didnt mean to suggest anyone was making up a story. Just assumed it was a joke because of how out there it actually sounds. :)
Na mate all good. I didn’t want you guys to think I was making stuff up lol I’m in absolutely no way an ITK but if I do hear something like that and it’s from someone I trust I’ll always put it up

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back