Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how their salary cap is looking.

Surely Houston would be one of their highest paid.... that always factors in too.

Maybe it will end up like Papley, I just reckon it'll get done!

14 + Owies?

14 + Kennedy?
neither of those options would get a play as good as Houston

Can be a tendency to focus on the pick rather than what you can get with the pick - this draft runs very deep, very very likely that the two excellent players we can get with picks 12 & 14 will outweigh the “pick 3” gun.

Very happy if we keep 12 & 14 in the draft.

And hopefully we develop them properly - sure, list managers can sometimes get it wrong, but if players are not coached properly or there’s problems in the fitness department that’s not the list manager’s fault.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Barrass is equally the player Houston is. McGovern's all Australians have been built off the back of Barass for half a decade. Barass does the actual defending.
You have got this all wrong, Barras is a younger version of Brian Lake and instead of winning 3 flags and a norm smith before he retires he will help us win 5 in a row and 2 normies.
Barrass is a seriously good footballer. Im in a super crazy fantasy draft comp. 18 teams of 25 players, so we go deep, and i take him regularly.

As a defender hes up there with weiters, andrews, taylor and may.

That said, (and ive been saying this awhile) id been grabbing brackets big brother for 2 years if i had the choice. Better fit for us

Hey Soapy......is Grainger-Barras the salary cap dump player that you were not allowed to mention or what?!!

Suspect he was one of those to be pushed out by Pearling/O'Halloran/Perryman/Cumming Stone

But as that bunch either resigned or ended up at unexpected clubs so the player 'pushed out' (say Essendon or Port) hasn't been replaced and the club doesn't need to dump them anymore.

This from a couple of reliable sources:,

It wasn't Carlton who reached out to West Coast.

It was West Coast that reached out to us regarding pick 12. We then asked the question.

----

I assume they were looking for a pick around ours that they could then use to move up again on or before draft night to steal Bo Allan from under Freo's noses without causing the other team to slide too far from their selection.

I think Harry will play relief ruck from now on. I haven't been a fan of that up until now, but now that he is fully mature and match hardened and settled into his own game, i think he is well rounded now to add ruck relief to his game.

Like Joe Daniher, it wasn't until he was fully matured mentally and physically that he was ready to add ruck without harming his main role as KPF.

I think Jack will be depth from now on....which prolly means he plays most games if he is one of the lucky uninjured ones lol.

I think a critical rule change at the start of this season has made Harry safer and more effective in the ruck. Being able to make contact with the opposing ruckman means he can quickly initiate contact and use his height and reach to win the tap. It stops big rucks from just jumping into him meaning it’s a much lower risk situation.

I’m happy for him to continue to provide ruck relief.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was West Coast that reached out to us regarding pick 12. We then asked the question.

----

I assume they were looking for a pick around ours that they could then use to move up again on or before draft night to steal Bo Allan from under Freo's noses without causing the other team to slide too far from their selection.
Does this assume Freo trade out 10&11?

I would be amazed if we traded 2 picks for Pick 3. Goes against everything I’m told. It has always been about at least 2 picks in first round
We’ve already given up F1 and F2 to get #14.

If we then traded #12 and 14 to just get #3, then we’ve effectively given up three quality picks F1, F2 and #12 for one….won’t happen.

----

What would WC have even had to offer for Pick 12? Their next pick after 3 is 26. F1?

We’ve already given up F1 and F2 to get #14.

If we then traded #12 and 14 to just get #3, then we’ve effectively given up three quality picks F1, F2 and #12 for one….won’t happen.

If you want the best you gotta pay for it.
If pick 3 is running through the midfield on GF day next season with Cripps Walsh Cerra and TDK, I don’t think anyone will have any complaints …

Sad what the last 30 years of Carlton has done to the mindset of many.
So conservative and frightened these days.
I’d be certain Austin isn’t looking over his shoulder at the mess the bozo’s running the club in the past created.
Any decent recruiter would love to back himself in to find a gem with pick 3.
I like Austin and I’d wager he’d do just that if he pulls the trigger to trade up …
Also concerning are the ones that call out our history of drafting + developing youth, and then think the next logical step is continuing to trade out first rounders and selecting already established players.

Simply can’t understand this mindset - how about we…fix the problem?

Shout out to Austin I think a lot here (including myself) have questioned him about his list management but it takes balls to be aggressive and that’s exactly what we needed as a club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It comes down to confidence I reckon. Imagine the difference between being the list manager and going from MLG/Lloyd/Liddle to Sayers/Cook/Wright.

May be unrealistic but Trainor looks like he could play CHB next year:

Such a mature build already - 194 and quick.

If it's a straight choice between Houston and someone like him - it's a no-brainer for me. We've got a gigantic hole in our list at CHB. It has to be the #1 priority.

We also need a fast small forward.

He goes to the same school as my boys and I've watched a fair bit of him this year. He's got a healthy dose of mongrel as well. I'd love him at the Blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back