Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be something like...
Picks 12 & 14 to WC for 3 & 26
Pick 26 + Brisbane's F2 to GWS for picks 16 & 56

Would get us 3 & 16 in this draft. Might not be beneficial for GWS but something similar could play out, particularly with a club like GWS who don't have too many high-end academy kids in this year's draft but potentially could next year
Sorry reg_lower91 but we can not trade the Brisbane F2 as we traded out our F1&2 so we must keep Brisbane's F2 for now.

We are too Cripps reliant atm, but with him involved in the equation, comparison would be a question of Draper matching combined outside output of Ashcroft and Neale. If Cerra steps back up and Draper is dangerous at next level, Walsh and Cripps both get more latitude to be damaging outside too. Would be a deadly mix, especially with Hollands boys and Docherty (even Cotts) rotating through HHF and wing

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think one of our issues is that Cripps is too good and also our skipper.

Literally no-one is going to displace him unless he's injured, so recruiting anyone who main skillset are in that spot are going to be on the sidelines for a while. That would also scare a lot of potential trades off as well.

My point is that while Cripps holds his post, it leaves everyone else contending for an on-baller spot, and you would need to a lot more flexible. I think Cerra is was too one dimensional, and hamstrings aside, he limits our options.

Wouldn’t be so quick to rule out the Draper dream lmo
When the heats on over the next few days, anything could happen
Dr Phil Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Is that you Curley?
Is Eric Curly?

Who is Eric?

Anyway Eric...a few of us like option C and think we should try a bit harder to make that happen.
😊

Last edited:

I was under the impression that WCE approached us about the possible trade?

Still not convinced it's dead and buried - maybe more of a case of a lot of moving parts for a number of pending trades, and this may still unlock some of them. Just a matter of timing and negotiation.

You'd imagine there's a LOT more to play out over the next few days - should be fun to watch.

Either way, I'm more than happy whether we go pick 3 or stick with what we have. One thing we do know is we're about to get some quality players walking through the door next month...even our Irish lad Duffy :thumbsu:

Pick 3 is worth 2348 pts

Picks 12 and 14 worth 2840

That’s roughly a difference of pick 50.

Austin has made it clear he wants 2 picks inside 20 not sure how that deal for pick 3 would work for us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure where you are getting these numbers from?

https://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-order (2024 Draft Index towards the bottom)

Pick 12 = 1268, Pick 14 = 1161, Total = 2429
Pick 3 = 2234
Difference = 195
Pick 56 = 194
So an early 4th rounder in their favor.

I remember speaking to pickers outside sen in rich 3 days prior to draft and I asked him who he thought Carl would go for and he said Gibbs 100% and also stated that Selwood was the best out of the lot but we already had Gibbs locked in
It's anecdotal. Selwood went at 7 because of injury. Gibbs was the consensus number 1 a long way out. Again, this is not an example of poor drafting.

We were last. We needed the safe bet.

Reckon Freo is a better fit for Baker anyway. They pick up him and Bolton, and they're in contention straight away (weren't far off it this year). He's 26. Go to WC and his best years will be spent as part of a rebuild. Tigs have got rocks in their heads if they reckon those two are worth more than Freo's 10, 11 and 18.

Don't think Bolton and Baker want to play in the same side again

Writeups on FOS remind me of Setterfield

Not a chance. His movement is fantastic. He glides across the turf and can step and evade in an inch of space.

WCE might be peed off we took 14 from Hawks when they wanted it for Barrass

Not unhappy about this. I like 12 & 14 in this draft
Agree with you Soapy V, a good tactical manovre on our part, we’re now in a viable position for further trades and if not it’s fine too, we’re certain to land 2 quality youngsters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t be so quick to rule out the Draper dream lmo
When the heats on over the next few days, anything could happen

Yep. We are in a much better position than we were a week ago and possibly more to come

Just enjoy the ride as even if we go to draft with current hand I’m very happy

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back