Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

If Leppitsch can’t get 13 done, 12 from us is a live chance - albeit a slim chance.

Port want Richards for some strange reason, you would think he & 13 would gazump 12?
They could get Richards for their pick in the 30s

I wouldn't. Really don't understand the love for him.

Very good player. But not a need, overpriced and will be 28 when he starts adding value. We'd be lucky to get 4 good years out of him.

A single pick like that is still a decent proposition, but if they want more, you'd walk away

I actually believe if we do strike a deal, it will have something to do with pick 14

I wouldn't. Really don't understand the love for him.

Very good player. But not a need, overpriced and will be 28 when he starts adding value. We'd be lucky to get 4 good years out of him.
Because he has great vision, great run and carry, and his elite disposal will force our forwards to leadup at him and help straighten us up.

Cal Twomey saying we are out of the Houston race.

Pies or North or he stays at Port

Maybe true…. yesterday.

I would think being knocked back by WC on pick 3, takes some of the lustre off 12/14 as a package.

So are we trying to split either of 12&14 for another crack at Houston? Back into NY first & a later first pick TY. Could be enticing to clubs emboldened with picks TY.

Send these on to Port for Danny Boy.

Fallback - take both to draft.

I suspect Cal’s news is old news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port will be able to get Richards from the Pies for next to nothing in a separate deal. He has minimal trade value so won't be a factor in their decision making for the Houston deal.
Yeah maybe but might just be the clincher if the offers for them to consider are either 12 or 13 outright…..

Cal Twomey saying we are out of the Houston race.

Pies or North or he stays at Port

Agree. We offered 12 and F2 and now other clubs are offering more

Hard to go back and Pies/North will go hard. We are there if things really fall over

Positive for us is we will bring in 4 plus talented kids and some role players and have a heap of money over next 2-3 years to top up.

All positive

Because he has great vision, great run and carry, and his elite disposal will force our forwards to come at him and help straighten us up.
Would have liked to have said it better - probably couldn't!

That said, I'd forgo Houston for Smith and Barrass.

I'd still say Barrass, Smith, Haynes, 2 Campos >>> #12, #14 draftees, 2 Campos, Haynes.

Likewise Smith/Barrass (one of), Houston, 2 Campos and Haynes is a good hand too.

Anyone but the pies please

Odd Hawthorn would trade us 14 for F1 and F2 then offer F1 and F2 to the Goldcoast for 13. Long winded way to upgrade 1 spot and will immediately put them back where they were with the barrass deal.

Saints offering f1+f2 is borderline irresponsible given their likely prospects for next year.

Would have liked to have said it better - probably couldn't!

That said, I'd forgo Houston for Smith and Barrass.

I'd still say Barrass, Smith, Haynes, 2 Campos >>> #12, #14 draftees, 2 Campos, Haynes.

Likewise Smith/Barrass (one of), Houston, 2 Campos and Haynes is a good hand too.
Not sure we could afford Smith & Barrass & Weiters & TDK deal

Odd Hawthorn would trade us 14 for F1 and F2 then offer F1 and F2 to the Goldcoast for 13. Long winded way to upgrade 1 spot and will immediately put them back where they were with the barrass deal.

Saints offering f1+f2 is borderline irresponsible given their likely prospects for next year.
That is the first thing I though when I read that. Either they think they've ****ed up the Barrass deal, or that's total spin from the media.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because he has great vision, great run and carry, and his elite disposal will force our forwards to leadup at him and help straighten us up.
Nothing incorrect with what you said. But for how long? Is it worth trading what could be a 200+ game player for one that will be luckyy to play 100?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back