Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
Rumour - Bluemour File rumours only - NO DISCUSSION

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Subjective. The issue is that is a lot of players on the list that can play one role

Plus I reckon the club goes back to playing more half forward types who put on pressure but can also push up the ground.

Playing to many pure forward pocket types (motlop,owies,durdin) rarely works well for us. In 2023 our form turned when we reverted from that approach and this year we were forced to go back to it due to injuries and it didnt look any better.

He'll want to move now. It's not been spoken about as much but he's on well unders at Port. Signed the deal the year before his first AA when he was just a good solid player. This is his chance to get a big contract. No guarantee he gets that next year given his age.
This - he wants to return to Melbourne but also wants more $

With enough buyers in the market for pick 13, it looks like they're waiting to see who blinks first, and will probably get sweetened offers by the clubs still wanting it by Wednesday. But it is true they've declined some really good offers in ours and Dees (if the reports are accurate).

I'm not sure the offers can get any better. Clubs can't give much more. I feel it's more GC not wanting to mess up the noble deal which is ridiculous considering he's a fringe player and they have other currency to get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North offering a F1 + more for 13. GCS what are you waiting for!
So if NM get pick 13, what more do they offer up for Houston?

Pick 13 and 25? Future first?

If it's pick 13 and future first, Port will totally win that deal.

Edit: they're offering F1..... So not an option!

I understand it from our POV, a pick even in the 60s will come in and we can use it on the Campo boys

But if that club and Owies agree to a contract, he could get their as a DFA, supposedly

That club could then trade that pick for futures, etc
Depends on the position of the club I guess. It's likely there are a bunch of clubs that have picks that they already know they won't use. And then it's playing nice in the ballpark.

You'd think they need to offload F1 to get 13 in which case getting 13 alone (for such a high price) makes no sense.

They'll need to offer a clearly better deal as Dan doesn't want to go there.

Edit: they're offering F1..... So not an option!
North can offer a bunch of things better than any other team. I think they are in a strong position if Houston is willing to go there

So let me tel
North offering F1 for 13 is borderline irresponsible if that's true.

Dont worry the AFL will help them out with priority picks. They got in their position because they traded away all their established experienced players, but then the AFL came to their rescue due to their own desperate decisions.

I hope their newly drafted players leave them in future years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back