Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Trac is literally the difference in us winning us a premiership. once the big guns are outta contract we can chase a ready made player. you can't have sustained sucess with no KPds coming through. time is now strike Austin strike

We can't take on Trac's contract without getting rid of at least one very good starting 22 player...

Who are you willing to offload?

One final update on our pursuit of Mason Cox. I have been assured he still wants to play for us, however, Collingwood are adamant that pick 3 should be included in the deal. Personally, I view this as an upgrade on the original deal, which would have seen us part with 3 first rounders. Now I know what most of you are thinking, how come the media hasn't picked up on this story? My source informs me that McGuire has leveraged his media standing to kill the story, due to the club's fear of backlash if they trade their star crumbing forward. You should expect this deal to play out behind the scenes. In fact if a deal does go through, there will be no announcement, Cox probably won't even train with us over the summer, that's how secret this is. Mark my words though, Cox will be wearing a Carlton jumper and sitting at Charlie Curnow's feet in round 0 next year.

I have one last rumour which I can't say much about, my source from the janitorial department, insisted that I keep this one under wraps. To get around this, the details of my final rumour are encrypted into song. Most of you probably won't be able to decipher this one.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
Hold me closer Riley Bonner
Make some highlights as you lead the way
Lay me down in streets of Lygon
You won us another game today

#Bluemour

Based on the Austin quotes in here I think people can calm down on Petracca. We are taking it to the draft.

Pick 3 for Trac was never, ever under consideration. How do I know? Because Nick Austin isn’t a fool.

Oh yeah, and there is the whole $1.2 million plus salary that we can’t afford.

We can't take on Trac's contract without getting rid of at least one very good starting 22 player...

Who are you willing to offload?
Probably Cerra , I know that’s a huge price to pay. However to have a shot at 1 perhaps 2 premierships whilst Cripps is in his prime , our spine in place and star studded. It’s mighty tempting.

Austin you

giphy.gif

Based on the Austin quotes in here I think people can calm down on Petracca. We are taking it to the draft.

Hasn’t said no to using pick 3 - two parts of the article; hit top end of draft and open to opportunities as they present

We may not be finished

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE actually did something similar 2 years ago... traded 2 for what ended up being 9 + 14

2 became 3 due to Ashcroft, North pick up Sheezel.

WCE drafted Ginbey and Hewett.

They could have built a core midfield with Sheezel, Reid and Draper/Lalor/Smith/FOS with Chad Warner a possibility next year...

As for us, well it gives us the shot at Draper/Lalor/Smith/FOS + Campos, with Walker coming up in 26 draft, Walsh still quite young, Cerra hopefully over his injuries... lead by Cripps... we're certainly on the way to building a very good midfield... this is the key to success.

Next to sign TDK up and with a bit of luck, pry SDK or Leek next year...

Wet Toast must be taking trade advice from Gold Coast.

Wrapt with what we have done but FFS - Baker for Barrass should have been a minimum result for them & Owies is a late second rounder at max value.
Pick 3 should never have been anywhere near the table unless it was for massive overs (St Kilda 7/8 - Melb 5 & something)
Decent chance they would have got Owies as a DFA.

Diabolically bad effort by them

I think Kennedy stays now. Not desperate to go by the sounds of it and we don't need the list spot now we only have 1 pick before 60.

We need 3 or 4 spots

3 - Ben Campo - Boyd - (Campo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back