Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for signing Weits, sorry to tell you we have traded you, pick 12 and 14 to Port for Houston, hope you understand but he is a duel AA , you are only a single AA, so we had to bite the bullet
It wasn’t that bad - we also got a future 2nd rounder back 😂
Amazing someone would sit on hold forever, just to get on the radio with those numptys just to say that garbage

It wasn’t that bad - we also got a future 2nd rounder back 😂
Amazing someone would sit on hold forever, just to get on the radio with those numptys just to say that garbage

I talk a lot of garbage, but I stand by my call into trade radio ffs.

owies has been great for us, and i hope someone fills the gap he does (just not the physical space in the forward 50). however, his place in the team is very much like the year list spots were at a premium and it was between paul bower and setanta oh'ailpin for the last spot.
Owies mainly takes chest marks.

He’s not a pressure forward.

Fogarty, Williams and Durdin for pace and pressure and Motlop for class.

And can’t rotate into midfield at all like Fogarty….which is an area they will hopefully develop with Motlop & Durdin and maybe Moir/Walker in time.

Anyone hear the Carlton supporter just call up Trade Radio and say we should trade Weitering for Houston 😂
Get Him Out GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't even think the combined total of goals from Williams, Durdin, Moltop and Fantasia will hit 50 haha.
Those 4 only kicked 37 this year, although there was quite a few games missed, subbed on or off, Williams playing at the other end of the ground early, etc.

The games Williams played fwd this year, removing that game where he got subbed super early after 1 or 2 touches, he went at about 1.5 goals per game.

Motlop kicked 24 from 21 games the previous year.

19 games each at the above rates is 50 goals. That's not factoring any improvement or a particularly crazy amount of games played.

Also not counting Durdin, Fogarty, Elijah, Moir...

I think he plays mostly how you would expect a third tall would, dropping into holes in the forward line and kicking opportunistic goals. Love the bloke but I think Jsos and Moir, are much better for that role.
Since he doesn’t crumb below our talls and add great pressure (he does do a bit of both tho), you can see why the clubs letting him go.
Thanks for your service Owies, great club man who got everything out of himself.

Jeez we can add some ”mayo” around here.

Our small forwards are absolutely ****ing abysmal- regardless whether Owies kicks 30 or not.

Owies is out due to being out of contract & not very good - he doesn’t play like the small we need at the feet of Charlie & H
Faz - ****ing head scratching we gave him 2yrs, do not want to see him get a game this yr
Motts - looks fast, moves slow, we are all hoping that with an injury free pre season he can get to the required fitness level to match his talent.
Durds - don’t count on much, his shoulder is screwed, not an injury that u want in a very small forward, could be a mid rotation for shits and giggles - reckon he could go alright but his tank is a question.
Fog - love Fog but he is not a very good footballer - he’s not a AFL level mid & he’s not a forward. You can’t be a forward if your an iffy mark, have poor body work & can’t kick it more than 35m . His pressure is great but it’s also as he’s never 1st to the ball. He’s avg and that may have to do for a while longer - but I hope not.

Moir - please god be as good as we are hoping
Williams - works, great goal sense, smart footballer, does it all well

So that’s 2 quality small/mid forwards, we still need major upgrades and help here. Doesn’t need to be instant but we have to make positive in roads.
Mott’s hopefully comes on, Fog can stop gap but we need some actual talent rolling thru here to put pressure on spots of high performing players - not plug a bloody hole as we have been doing.

Hence we trade out & draft in

Is there any reason why there's no talk or indication of us chasing Tom Barrass? Surely he'd be a much better fit to our needs than Houston, and cost less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back