Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

To me, I find it incredible how some people get so worked up/jealous of seeing Houston with the toothless birdies, but yet fail to realise how good our team is without all those injuries.

All that was needed was some in house improvement and a bit of rejuvenation.

That happened, and on top of all that we also have pick #3 which could easily be elite from day 1, especially with an elite midfield core around them to support and help them thrive.

Stop looking for the shiny things in life and look at the bigger picture, Austin absolutely gets an A for his work.

Chugga & Owies will be missed, but good clubs make big list decisions, we are a good club.
I reckon.. hopefully bookmark this for late sept next year…

To me, I find it incredible how some people get so worked up/jealous of seeing Houston with the toothless birdies, but yet fail to realise how good our team is without all those injuries.

All that was needed was some in house improvement and a bit of rejuvenation.

That happened, and on top of all that we also have pick #3 which could easily be elite from day 1, especially with an elite midfield core around them to support and help them thrive.

Stop looking for the shiny things in life and look at the bigger picture, Austin absolutely gets an A for his work.

Chugga & Owies will be missed, but good clubs make big list decisions, we are a good club.
There's some here that always whine no matter what, and some that only post vitriol to get a reaction.

Lol watching Footy Furnace. They were just talking about Kemp.

Last guy at the table was like “I can’t believe they said no to a Future 2. That will be in the 20’s”

Yeah, we said no because Kemp is more valuable than that.

Tom Morris, clearly not the brightest crayon in the box.

Tom Morris, clearly not the brightest crayon in the box.

Then Cornes looked like he was going on a rant about how he is concerned about our salary cap for next year as we have many players coming out of contract, and we won’t be able to retain them all with $1 million dollar contracts, and other clubs will come in with huge offers.

LOL. Why am I watching this?

SEN today saying that the Tiggs could be looking at moving up the draft. Potentially they could jag Lalor and Smith (who played VFL for them) with pick 1 and 3.

Would we entertain trading pick 3 for pick 6 and 10/11? Pick 38 then gets traded back to 2025.

Probably not. Might seem small but we'll miss that entire top group if we move to 6. Though I doubt they package it with 10. More like 18 in which case definately not.

We've got probably the the 6th best midfield in the comp. We've trade out our 3/4th best mid and we hope to recruit a kid.

WTF?

A big PLUS on getting us to #3 but such a waste to use it on a kid.

The window is NOW and we just ****ed it up.

Collingwood will go and get Petracca next year. - who he barracked for and they'll be able to afford him when Pendlebury and Sidebottom retire.

We lost the draft by not capitalising on #3.

My rant, my continuing despair.

I predict we'll finish 5 - 8 next year - if we're lucky.

Such a wasted opportunity.

95 will be the best memory I'll have (is there better?) - bring back the win at costs of Big Jack.

Going through the motions for a 30th year.

Wasted opportunity.

Pick 3 will play next year. Dees won a premiership with 2 kids in their first year - kozzie and Jackson playing key roles.

Hawks first year players were key for their transformation last year.

Pick 3 will likely be a generational talent. Houston would have had 3 years at his best left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN today saying that the Tiggs could be looking at moving up the draft. Potentially they could jag Lalor and Smith (who played VFL for them) with pick 1 and 3.

Would we entertain trading pick 3 for pick 6 and 10/11? Pick 38 then gets traded back to 2025.
Probably not. Might seem small but we'll miss that entire top group if we move to 6. Though I doubt they package it with 10. More like 18 in which case definately not.

I’d say if we wanted that range, we would have traded for that range.

We traded for Pick 3 for a certain reason. Must have a player/players we are really keen on.

You can’t trade picks once a bid is made.

We will have to trade out before a bid is made and try and trade back in. A club like Melbourne or Freo could well trade an F2 to us and we could trade back in after a bid has been made on Ben Camporeale.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s not right at all, seen it happen when the bid comes many times. I assume they’ll want to use it on the night, if not they’ll trade for a future pick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We got back a future 2nd. Whether we need points or not who knows, but either way we have more, so it's an improved position.
That was a separate trade. We traded our future first and second for 14, then we traded our current second for a future second. So we paid F1, F2, First this year and Owies for 3.

Footy Furnace rates our trade period a B+, but St Kilda a B-.

Why am I still watching this crap?
there is a camp that thinks we should've traded 12 and change for houston and kept 14 and then theres a camp that think we are A+ this period.... It's always a depends who you ask situation with draft winners....

Then Cornes looked like he was going on a rant about how he is concerned about our salary cap for next year as we have many players coming out of contract, and we won’t be able to retain them all with $1 million dollar contracts, and other clubs will come in with huge offers.

LOL. Why am I watching this?
Those who wet their pants about owies and Kennedy leaving this year, should go into hibernation for the trade period next year. Plenty of names will be thrown up I bet

That was a separate trade. We traded our future first and second for 14, then we traded our current second for a future second. So we paid F1, F2, First this year and Owies for 3.
Yes but with the whole trade period put in perspective that's the outcome. I wasn't talking about 1 trade but the collective of moves.

FOS played VFL for them too...

Could we do it? Of course. Will we do it? I highly doubt it.

We gave up a lot for pick 3... that tells me that we really want someone at the very top tier in this draft... so why would we bother to split it again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back