Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Carroll is probably sitting at home thinking how hard done by he is for getting delisted when Corey Durdin was given a 2 year contract and Matthew Cottrell was given a 3 year contract. If this club wants to be seen as ruthless with list decisions, then maybe they should go all in. No half measures. It’s just weird.

Jack Carroll is probably sitting at home thinking how hard done by he is for getting delisted when Corey Durdin was given a 2 year contract and Matthew Cottrell was given a 3 year contract. If this club wants to be seen as ruthless with list decisions, then maybe they should go all in. No half measures. It’s just weird.
Got to keep some depth players mate.

But Cottrell can run all day………

None of those players are centre bounce midfielders? They tried to play Carroll at high half forward and was not capable.

If this club wants to be seen as ruthless with list decisions, then maybe they should go all in.
I doubt that's the aim. More likely they're just looking to turn over the list with a 2-3 year timeframe and when contracts expire is more practical than trying to do it in the exact order of merit.

Last edited:
Think I could almost guarantee that Cotts in particular has signed a very basic contract for the sake of longevity. We clearly want to offset some of our mammoth contracts with a few budget ones. No doubt there would be a decent match payments component when he is playing in the ones, but I suspect if he slips to the twos he will be on a relative pittance. After injury affected seasons, likely similar for Durds.

I am, however a bit over the Durds vitriole. His best is very good and it is becoming apparent our medical team was not perhaps what it needed to be. Fix that bloody shoulder and many will be surprised.

What position do you see Carroll making it at AFL level?

Durdin I agree with, Cottrell was one of our best performers in the 2023 finals series. He's a quality player at his best and busts his ass, no issue with him being rewarded.

I am, however a bit over the Durds vitriole. His best is very good and it is becoming apparent our medical team was not perhaps what it needed to be. Fix that bloody shoulder and many will be surprised.
I won't be one who'll be surprised Coona, I'm one of his biggest fans....love the little terrier :thumbsu::)

You're absolutely right though, get that shoulder right so he can get a good run at it. And get him to give his house mate a boot up the clacker....so much talent, just needs to put in the hard yards.

Durdin I agree with, Cottrell was one of our best performers in the 2023 finals series. He's a quality player at his best and busts his ass, no issue with him being rewarded.
I think people also forget how good Cotters was in the first half of 2024 until our season died away at GWS. He was averaging a goal a game and most of his possessions were score involvements. He will be very important to us next year and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back