Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny little tidbit on the Hawks board

Andrew Brayshaw coming back home next year as a FA and we're supposedly the frontrunner 👀

Cripps
Walsh
Brayshaw
Cerra
FOS/Draper/Lalor/Smith
Hewett

Where would that midfield rank across the league? 😂

It would certainly make us the hardest working midfield. I feel like Cerra or Hewett might fall out of that midfield. Hopefully Cerra gets back to his best. If this is true, then Brayshaw is coming to play with Cerra and Acres again.

It would certainly make us the hardest working midfield. I feel like Cerra or Hewett might fall out of that midfield. Hopefully Cerra gets back to his best. If this is true, then Brayshaw is coming to play with Cerra and Acres again.
Walsh
Walker
Cerra
Brayshaw
FOS/Draper/Lalor/Smith

That would be one hell of a midfield for the future

Andrew Brayshaw coming back home next year as a FA and we're supposedly the frontrunner 👀

Cripps
Walsh
Brayshaw
Cerra
FOS/Draper/Lalor/Smith
Hewett

I find that rumour extremely hard to believe. Brayshaw really isn’t the kind of player we need either.

Jack Carroll is probably sitting at home thinking how hard done by he is for getting delisted when Corey Durdin was given a 2 year contract and Matthew Cottrell was given a 3 year contract. If this club wants to be seen as ruthless with list decisions, then maybe they should go all in. No half measures. It’s just weird.
I remember seeing people freaking out on here before the Sydney game because Cottrell was out injured. He was a key piece of the team that made a prelim 13 months ago

Cripps
Walsh
Brayshaw
Cerra
FOS/Draper/Lalor/Smith
Hewett

And if Freo supporters didn't hate us enough already in the most one way rivalry in the history of the AFL....

We recruit a guy, invest 4 years developing him, get all the way up to the point where he looks like becoming a regular player then delist him for nothing. And is a good guy / hard worker.

As I say strangest LM decision I've ever seen.
I do think Jack Carroll was more than a little unlucky: he did play 15 games, after all. But his place is basically going to Ben Camporeale, who gets his own pill and appears to have more defensive side to his game. Or Cooper Lord, who also is looking pretty decent and who has a strong defensive side to his game.
Was Jack going to get picked before these guys? You wouldn't suggest it at the moment.
Also, apparently Billy Wilson is going to -play more of a midfield role in 2025. Billy has pace and run, both of which we need.

As for Corey Durdin, he has another 12 months to demonstrate that he has what it takes. If he doesn't make in 2025, he could well be surplus to needs.

As to Brayshaw, my question would be, what is the price? if he is a free agent, I'd welcome him with open arms.

We’re gonna have enough on our plate to secure TDK little own trying to secure a free agent that wants more coin.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We just booted 10 players and are replacing them with draftees+DFA/Rookies.

We also have 16 out of contract next season.

We'll have no issue stumping up the money for TDK

We just booted 10 players and are replacing them with draftees+DFA/Rookies.

We also have 16 out of contract next season.

We'll have no issue stumping up the money for TDK

It’s how much we’re going to pay him and not unbalance the rest of the list,not that easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s how much we’re going to pay him and not unbalance the rest of the list,not that easy.

He'll just have to accept that staying will result in not earning as much.

Leave and go to St Kilda for more coin and be part of a basket case.

Cats won't be offering much more than us, if anything.

Cripps
Walsh
Brayshaw
Cerra
FOS/Draper/Lalor/Smith
Hewett

Along with the number of OOC players we have next year his being an RFA target would go some way to explaining why we showed minimal interest in Dan Houston - to the point where we really just tried to keep Collingwood honest in negotiations as best we could.

Different positions, certainly, but similar cap money if not more in Brayshaw.

If so, in a way it's genius. With Collingwood tying up so much money in Perryman and Houston it would take away a potential buyer from that market (that's if a Brayshaw would ever consider Collingwood after what happened to Angus).

Along with the number of OOC players we have next year his being an RFA target would go some way to explaining why we showed minimal interest in Dan Houston - to the point where we really just tried to keep Collingwood honest in negotiations as best we could.

Different positions, certainly, but similar cap money if not more in Brayshaw.

If so, in a way it's genius. With Collingwood tying up so much money in Perryman and Houston it would take away a potential buyer from that market (that's if a Brayshaw would ever consider Collingwood after what happened to Angus).
If there is any fire with this smoke, the romantic in me would love to unite the brothers and find a role for brother Angus to sweeten the pot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back