Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are going for a FA mid would much rather LDU then Brayshaw.

Agreed. We have to keep recruiting the class of 2017 to make up for Dow.

I don’t think Freo will finish low enough on the ladder to be happy with the compensation they receive for Brayshaw.

I’m not sure what their salary cap situation is like post Bolton etc, but they may be inclined to match any salary to force a trade.

In which chase we won’t get him.

I don’t think Freo will finish low enough on the ladder to be happy with the compensation they receive for Brayshaw.

I’m not sure what their salary cap situation is like post Bolton etc, but they may be inclined to match any salary to force a trade.

Yep, Brayshaw sits in their top 5, if not top 3.
You match bids for that type of talent.
You’re not getting fairly compensated by the league if say, that scenario involves a Cripps, Curnow or Walsh.

I feel like Fremantle are about to go full “hold my beer”.

What has Jack Carroll done to be rated so highly? Can someone please point me to even one AFL game that he was close to being among our best on the ground?
I think I remember him kicking 2 goals once....

But that's about it

A lot of other games where I'm yelling at the TV because he has turned it over....

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Jack Carroll is probably sitting at home thinking how hard done by he is for getting delisted when Corey Durdin was given a 2 year contract and Matthew Cottrell was given a 3 year contract. If this club wants to be seen as ruthless with list decisions, then maybe they should go all in. No half measures. It’s just weird.
Cotts can be good when he is up and about...
Shown a lot more than Carroll....many more times...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember seeing people freaking out on here before the Sydney game because Cottrell was out injured. He was a key piece of the team that made a prelim 13 months ago
Every single player on the list is great if they are physically fit, playing well and consistent in form.
Unfortunately a lot of our players don't tick these three boxes regularly. I hope 2025 is the year!

Brayshaw really isn’t the kind of player we need either.

Wow that is a weird thing to say....

Anyone would take Andy in a heartbeat....

Fit is just as important as talent.

Jeremy Cameron is one of the best players in the league. But paying $3M a year for Charlie, Harry and Jezza would be irresponsible.

Melbourne had two of the best rucks in the league in Gawn and Grundy and realised that wasn't an effective use of talent and resources.

Clayton Oliver (when sober) is almost on par with Cripps (yes, really). But playing Cripps, Oliver, Walsh, Cerra, Hewett in the side would be unbalanced.

Managing a list and salary cap is so much more than just recruiting all the best players.

We are arguably one of the most unbalanced lists out there - we have the best spine in the league and one of the best inside midfields but we have too many holes elsewhere.

Brayshaw is an absolute gun. But I dare say we could spend $1M a year elsewhere that would improve our list more.

I find that rumour extremely hard to believe. Brayshaw really isn’t the kind of player we need either.

If we take it as true, i would assume its because we would be moving on Cerra or Hewett, both of which are out of contract, he would be a big improvement on those two. A free agent i think, so if we got him as a FA and treaded out 1-2, we would be in a good position.

Last edited:
Fit is just as important as talent.

Jeremy Cameron is one of the best players in the league. But paying $3M a year for Charlie, Harry and Jezza would be irresponsible.

Melbourne had two of the best rucks in the league in Gawn and Grundy and realised that wasn't an effective use of talent and resources.

Clayton Oliver (when sober) is almost on par with Cripps (yes, really). But playing Cripps, Oliver, Walsh, Cerra, Hewett in the side would be unbalanced.

Managing a list and salary cap is so much more than just recruiting all the best players.

We are arguably one of the most unbalanced lists out there - we have the best spine in the league and one of the best inside midfields but we have too many holes elsewhere.

Brayshaw is an absolute gun. But I dare say we could spend $1M a year elsewhere that would improve our list more.
Yeah, nah! Brayshaw would bring massive POD to our group of mids and could be catered for if we were to be clinical with the list. An upgrade on the out of contract Hewett next year. If we manage to get a quality young key back, we have McGovern out of contract as well, who I would argue can be replaced by a more genuine article in Kemp. Brodie is a capable defender, but he is not a stopper as we have tried to make him, freed up for the less accountable rebounder/third tall role, he becomes a weapon out of defence for mine. Haynes, then a draftee can take up the second banana slack.

Plenty of money can be freed up for a genuine player, and Brayshaw is exactly that, an accountable, but high output mid. All hypotheticals, and I am not in to messiahs, but Brayshaw is a workaholic, genuine team player, not a flashy one trick pony like some of our aspirational targets.

If we take it as true, i would assume its because we would be moving on Cerra or Hewett, both of which are out of contract, he would be a big improvement on those two. A free agent i think, so if we got him as a FA and treaded out 1-2, we would be in a good position.

Could see Hewett going the way of Owies and Kennedy in 12 months time - good player, does a job, but as the list evolves he's definitely not guaranteed a starting spot, and he'd be well within his rights to expect starting 22 money. If he's willing to do a Cottrell and take big unders for a bit of longevity, then he's great depth, but I think it'd be his last chance for a payday and a side like St Kilda, Essendon or Richmond might be prepared to offer him 3 years on enticing money.

Cerra is just down to fitness. If his hammy issues are sorted, then he'll earn his way next year, no doubt - a fit and firing Cerra makes us much better. If not, and he struggles to put together a decent season, then we'd only get peanuts for him....would suck to see him traded for next to nothing, or worse, delisted.

Could see Hewett going the way of Owies and Kennedy in 12 months time - good player, does a job, but as the list evolves he's definitely not guaranteed a starting spot, and he'd be well within his rights to expect starting 22 money. If he's willing to do a Cottrell and take big unders for a bit of longevity, then he's great depth, but I think it'd be his last chance for a payday and a side like St Kilda, Essendon or Richmond might be prepared to offer him 3 years on enticing money.

Cerra is just down to fitness. If his hammy issues are sorted, then he'll earn his way next year, no doubt - a fit and firing Cerra makes us much better. If not, and he struggles to put together a decent season, then we'd only get peanuts for him....would suck to see him traded for next to nothing, or worse, delisted.
Cerra will come good again....

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back