Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers for that Forty3 :thumbsu:

As much as Paddy has apparently expressed interest in staying at the club and taking his chances, I honestly reckon it would be better for both Dow and Carlton if he had a fresh start at a new club. It hasn't really worked with us.

He's obviously not in Vossy's plans moving forward - and if Cunners can stay relatively injury free, and Carroll potentially having a break out year, he'll just get pushed further back. Not to mention Philp and even possibly Kemp.

I'm hoping we hang onto Setters - he shone at the back end of the season when he was thrown back into the engine room.
Hahaha, Dow would never be behind Philp ever. Philp would have to be one of the worst players on the list out of all listed players in the AFL.

I believe Fogarty has a contract for next year.

Doesn't mean you can't trade him.

Personally, I'd have a chat with him about how unlikely he is to get any senior opportunity with us next year, and see if he'd be open to a move to a club like North Melbourne where he might get a look in. Just package him up for a slight pick upgrade and get his contract off the books.

Carlton get: Pick 55, Pick 66
NM get: Pick 62, Pick 64, Fogarty

Personally, I'd have a chat with him about how unlikely he is to get any senior opportunity with us next year, and see if he'd be open to a move to a club like North Melbourne where he might get a look in. Just package him up for a slight pick upgrade and get his contract off the books.

just trade him for any pick, nths last pick, and take a swipe at some kid in the draft

Philp if injuries permit will be a solid afl player, has every trait we are crying out for atm
I'd love to believe this but he looked incredibly fumbly this year and that was just in VFL, where there's much less pressure than AFL.

I'd hope it was just confidence, injury niggles & rustiness and I haven't written him off yet, but I'm certainly not holding my breath either.

Last edited:

He's good for the VFL side if nothing else

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dow setters and 28 to * for 22 and 40. I think that’s a win for us and use 62 64 and 40 to Brisbane for 33. Akers for jones compo and we go to the draft with 10 22 and 33. End trade period.

He's good for the VFL side if nothing else

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, and if nobody wants him that's OK, but if he's not gonna get a senior game at all then we're better off getting him off the books and just recruiting a VFL-level midfielder to our VFL squad, there's no shortage of them floating around.

Will be interesting, actually, to see how we structure up in the midfield in the ressies next year. Hayes gone, sounds like one of Dow/Setters gone if we can get something back. Could/should mean a greater share of the midfield minutes for guys like Carroll, Kemp and Philp. Suppose Curnow is back in the mix after missing most of this year.

Hahaha, Dow would never be behind Philp ever. Philp would have to be one of the worst players on the list out of all listed players in the AFL.

What have you seen of Philp to remotely be able to quantify this statement? Because all I've seen is a player that has been held in high regard be unable to get a run at it.

What have you seen of Philp to remotely be able to quantify this statement? Because all I've seen is a player that has been held in high regard be unable to get a run at it.
His initial 2 games in the AFL were bad enough. His fumbley, no composure performances in the VFL this year were even worse. He is also made of balsa wood. Will not be on the list when his contract expires, thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back