Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some serious overvaluing of Dow in here.

Good luck to him obviously, but he would have been playing VFL again next year if he didn't move.
Agree with your assessment. It's unfortunate for Dow, but reality is he played 10 games for Blues this yr. 5 were as sub. Zero finals.
Sad his time at Carlton has come to an end. Sometimes things don't work out as planned.
Preferred if he'd gone to Swans. Appeared he'd already chosen Saints. Good luck to Paddy in phase 2 of his footy career.

Agree with your assessment. It's unfortunate for Dow, but reality is he played 10 games for Blues this yr. 5 were as sub. Zero finals.
Sad his time at Carlton has come to an end. Sometimes things don't work out as planned.
Preferred if he'd gone to Swans. Appeared he'd already chosen Saints. Good luck to Paddy in phase 2 of his footy career.

Adams probably cut his lunch there.

What about if Dow doesn't want to stay for depth?
Then that says the ultimate about his character. Any player not interested in cultivating and developing the D Word thread has no place at Carlton.

What about if Dow doesn't want to stay for depth?
Yeah. Absolutely.
Already said he should do whatever is best for himself. I wonder if he'd want to stay if we match Saints offer. I think I read he would like to stay.

Yeah. Absolutely.
Already said he should do whatever is best for himself. I wonder if he'd want to stay if we match Saints offer. I think I read he would like to stay.

Doubt money would be a motivator there.

Happy for you to have another crack at him staying, but he simply wasn't going to sign on to be a VFL break glass in case of emergency.
Can't make our club value him more than they do.

Yeah. Absolutely.

AFL contracts are split between player and match payments - nothing we can offer on paper will trump being part of the starting midfield at the Stains

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee its a breath of fresh air having Soapy V back, isn't it?

Loving contributions from tencentpiece and Forty3 as well. Understated, subtle but enough to satiate the itch.

Man Reaction GIF by Ford

Gee its a breath of fresh air having Soapy V back, isn't it?

Loving contributions from tencentpiece and Forty3 as well. Understated, subtle but enough to satiate the itch.

Man Reaction GIF by Ford
I get good mail.
Unfortunately, people have little interest in the latest bridle wear.

I'll even take that a step further. Our current 2nd round pick got us Lachie Cowan - we just happened to get him a year early.

And somehow we may well end up with pick 8, Cowan, Elijah Hollands - along with two of the best Irish young talents in Duffie and Monahan.

PommyinOz mentioned something in one of his videos that we also pre-signed a number of other young talents when our crew were on their recruiting spree in Ireland. Which basically means that we have first right of refusal on these kids at a time when the draft will be heavily compromised with the Tassie team coming in.

I think I'm developing a man crush on Austin :thumbsu:;)
Interesting point, most assume Akuie won’t make the grade and will be cut next year, if that’s the case then another Cat B opens up.

This is just plain vindictive lying. People need to understand or even comprehend, SOS had/has a team of recruiters doing the hard work every week. If these picks failed, it’s on the complete recruiting team or maybe, just maybe even development.
i don't want to re-litigate this too much but clearly he had a preference for high risk, high reward picks, which worked at GWS where he had a huge swathe of early pics and they could afford boom or bust outcomes but maybe wasn't as great an idea given our at the time poor development and connection with an even poorer VFL team.

i don't want to re-litigate this too much but clearly he had a preference for high risk, high reward picks, which worked at GWS where he had a huge swathe of early pics and they could afford boom or bust outcomes but maybe wasn't as great an idea given our at the time poor development and connection with an even poorer VFL team.

Every pick SOS took was a success. Just ask him.

Yeah we're not operating in a vacuum. Depth players have to get offered depth player money. But they might not be depth players at other clubs.
it goes around though: kennedy, acres(ish), newman, hewett, ed curnow, fogarty & young all came to us fairly cheapo because they weren't priorities at previous clubs.

Who was considered a high-risk pick?

I get good mail.
Unfortunately, people have little interest in the latest bridle wear.

How about PMing me the winners of the Guineas, Caulfield Cup, Cox Plate, Melbourne Cup and Derby?

I’ll load individually and then multi

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back