Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in two minds about the whole pushing the players until they break thing, but they do need to be fitter and tougher.
I have no issue at all with senior players being pulled up for being selfish.
Was it Charlie that burned Cripps a little while back when Cripps was running into goal and Charlie just pegged it from around 50 and missed?
Cripps regularly burns an easy option to take on 1, 2 or 3 tacklers, to either get caught HTB, or release a rushed handball while being spun around. We also seem to have guys taking crazy snaps from all angles when there could be an option in the corridor for a chip/mark. Plenty of other teams seem to be able to pick those kicks out, but we regularly seem to avoid it.
Theirs no repercussions that’s why it continues
The coach never drags them
Surprise surprise it continues

Crippa is obviously part of the leadership group and it is upon that group to marshall the players onfield to pick up opponents etc. If there is any selfish play it is upon them to call it out.
If any Coach session calls out that sort of play then the leadership group gets it as well. This is where it may appear that Crippa was called selfish.

This is messed up. I have been an elite level athlete and my 21 year old son is an elite level athlete, albeit in different sports. But this is pure madness. If my son’s coach was doing this to him I would be suggesting going elsewhere. The old saying in elite sport is better to be 95% than 105%. Because that means you’re cooked. I have known many coaches like this in the elite system across a range of sports. And they wonder why so many athletes end up with mental health issues. Really disappointing to hear this.
At the end of the day, AFL players are footballers, not cross-fit athletes training to see who's the fastest, strongest or fittest.

So would you rather your 23 best footballers available for most of the season, operating at ~90% max fitness?

Or would you prefer a rolling injury list of 5-10 players all season long, rarely having your best 23 out on the park together, but everyone at 100% max fitness when uninjured?

We don't have a Petracca, that's for sure. Stoppage burst and can dominate forward.

I would give a lot.

I'm probably on my own with this, but I don't want Petracca at all.

Smart to meet with him though. Could give us an insight into what is going on at the Dees. Knowledge is power etc.

Cost to much. We have too many holes to fill to put our eggs all in one basket

Heck of a player though and would look great next to Cripps

Cost to much. We have too many holes to fill to put our eggs all in one basket

Heck of a player though and would look great next to Cripps

Geez, I don't know Soap. If a player like that wanted to come to you, you find a way.

Crippa and Co would be begging the club to make it happen.

Cerra and our first rounder this year and a first or a good second next year (i.e if we get a second rounder from WCE or something)

Yep, Cerra and 2 firsts for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, I don't know Soap. If a player like that wanted to come to you, you find a way.

We already went down this road with Judd and it didn't lead to flags.

The current playing list has enough star power to match it with anyone. We need more foot soldiers around them to gel the team into a cohesive unit.

Trac also doesn't really fit with our timeline either. We need to continue peaking while Cody Walker develops rather than falling off a cliff as soon as he's drafted.

What would he cost? 2 First rounders? and would severley restrict our SC

29 years old. Big call. You would want ONE flag minimum from it

We already went down this road with Judd and it didn't lead to flags.

The current playing list has enough star power to match it with anyone. We need more foot soldiers around them to gel the team into a cohesive unit.

Carlton 2008 is not the same as Carlton 2024. We didn't have leaders then.

Carlton 2008 is not the same as Carlton 2024. We didn't have leaders then.
I wasn't comparing the two playing lists, merely that we've already done the messiah thing and it didn't work. It screwed our list build by robbing us of JK's prime and hindered the development of Murphy/Gibbs.

Btw, the leaders you speak of currently have us in 9th place.

CH7 News …

Craig McRae about to pounce on a star Demon’

Guess who!

I wasn't comparing the two playing lists, merely that we've already done the messiah thing.

Btw, the leaders you speak of currently have us in 9th place.

Not Crippa. Crippa is playing flag football. The others didn't follow.

I'd need to see the deal

Shush. Don't take this off me. Let me dream for a bit until it gets squashed. It gave me life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back