News Board Nominations now with Poll

Pick your 2 nominees and it better not include Jamo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Some very interesting nominees - but did anyone notice the similarities....?

I'd guess that the two successful candidates will be Jameson and Goodings, both based purely on name recognition.

I've had a bit to do with Oren Klemich over the years. He's a great guy. I'd happily support his bid.

Right now my preferences in order are:

Oren Klemich - as above
Fouad Andrawos - a bit of diversity and clearly a football lover
Graeme Goodings
Tony D'Alessandro
Daniel Byrne
Adrian Swale - we have enough of these 'use the board to network' types already.
No-one
Absolutely no-one
My dog
Rod Jameson
U r right on the money mind I though Andrawos can / will make a difference .

Some very interesting nominees - but did anyone notice the similarities....?

I'd guess that the two successful candidates will be Jameson and Goodings, both based purely on name recognition.

I've had a bit to do with Oren Klemich over the years. He's a great guy. I'd happily support his bid.

Right now my preferences in order are:

Oren Klemich - as above
Fouad Andrawos - a bit of diversity and clearly a football lover
Graeme Goodings
Tony D'Alessandro
Daniel Byrne
Adrian Swale - we have enough of these 'use the board to network' types already.
No-one

Realise this is a boring answer, but by reason of the long-term lack of transparency (and not necessarily unreasonably so) its difficult for any of us to comment with any intelligence on who should be on the Board.

Not unfair. Although I would suggest it’s much easier to comment on who shouldn’t be on the board.

A simple skills matrix to audit the competence would show huge duplication and gaps

Not unfair. Although I would suggest it’s much easier to comment on who shouldn’t be on the board.

A simple skills matrix to audit the competence would show huge duplication and gaps

Looking at the current board:

Lawyers (Berggren) - knocks out Swale
Bankers (Fennell) - knocks out D’Allesandro
Past players (Roo) - knocks out Jameson
Media personalities (Roo) - knocks our Goodings
Big businesspeople (Randall/Roche) - knocks out Klemich

So leaves us with Andrawos and Byrne

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looking at the current board:

Lawyers (Berggren) - knocks out Swale
Bankers (Fennell) - knocks out D’Allesandro
Past players (Roo) - knocks out Jameson
Media personalities (Roo) - knocks our Goodings
Big businesspeople (Randall/Roche) - knocks out Klemich

So leaves us with Andrawos and Byrne

I don’t think media personality is a skill set that where duplication requires avoidance.

Of course but I was just pointing out the duplication in skills against the current board

Sure, but it's implied that the skills would be on a list required for premium functioning. Media personality wouldn't appear on such a list. Media strategy might, but no chance if GG brings it there's duplication with Roo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** I missed voting in my own poll, will be Goodings and someone else haven’t worked out who yet, but it won’t be ******* Jameson. His call for stability makes me sick when the club has focused on going through change after a review. What ******* stability would be bring anyway??

I am pretty sure that I can reopen the poll if your want.

He’s been active among the supporters (in particular the Supporters Group), and while a media personality, isn’t part of the boys club.
This is why I have voted for him.
I have chatted to him at games and as a Club Ambassador he has raised some issues supporters have told him.

He will be a genuine "members voice".

I voted him and Andrewos. Both seem like they will be genuine member representatives.

A couple more fit that bill to though.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And on cue, Jameson on Channel 7.

Can he just F OFF already?? Absolute w@nker.

And he quietly revealed that he's one of the old guard that is happy to keep holding the club back. His comments about getting the club back to playing finals and finals regularly, stinks of the old 'make the finals and anything can happen'. To make it worse he followed up with, "and if not, playing in grand finals'. Yeh the aim is finals. Not premierships.

This breed need to be rooted out of the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Board Nominations now with Poll

Back