News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

not unexpected if True

Bocky is obviously chasing security and wants to cash in on his last long term contract

This is correct, the AFC MOCK their players when it comes to contracts especially the likes of the younger players when guns like Dangerfield etc arent signed onto long term five year deals when we know they are going to be champions, frustrating the AFC need to get fair dinkum abotu EVERYTHING they do because right now EVERYONE is being FOOLED by two of the biggest clowns in AFL circles going around Craig and Trigg:mad:

If he is going simply he owes us better. he was not an elite talent. given a chance as a rookie. carried through some inept performances at CHB whilst he developed. supported through that really poor incident with his girlfriend. only played 120 or so games because of injury/ late development

More money at GC sure but in this situation he owes us more. Ironic as 3 greats go in 2010 that have given us so much that he will leave

Makes me miss the loyalty, great football durability and consistency that Edwards, Goodwin and Macca gave us all the more. they were greats of the Adelaide Football Club not opportunistic self interested 2 good year players

you can see (and understand) why an Ablett Jr would go, he's got nothing more to achieve and can set himself up with an enormous pay day.

But Bock (and Thommo) is not the sort of player that should be looking at it unless they are 100% sure they can't win a flag in the remaining part of their career at their Club. Which might be how he thinks admittedly. At 27 now, he is going to be realistically 33 by the time GC have a legitimate shot, he's not 24 and taking the punt he will be in his prime during GC's first window.

Pretty much defines the type of footballer he is and what the motivation is. His best chance of team success (which is what you play for) will be in the next 3 years at Adelaide not surfing between 10 goal beltings.

His best chance of winning a premiership will be on the Gold Coast not at the crows.

This is correct, the AFC MOCK their players when it comes to contracts especially the likes of the younger players when guns like Dangerfield etc arent signed onto long term five year deals when we know they are going to be champions, frustrating the AFC need to get fair dinkum abotu EVERYTHING they do because right now EVERYONE is being FOOLED by two of the biggest clowns in AFL circles going around Craig and Trigg:mad:

TW13, IMO not true

there is too much risk to both player and club to sign 5 year deals, with a new TV deal around the corner there is no way a young up coming star would sign a 5 year deal......

these days 2 years is standard, 3 years is considered long term

I cant recall too many recent young stars that have signed 5 year deals, no matter what club

Believe this when Bock, Bock's management, the AFC or the Suns announce it as a done deal. Until then, knickers decidedly untwisted.
Rucci will read this and announce it as a scoop in tomorrow's 'tiser.

Seconded. Although the likelihood of him going is quite high.

Don't believe me at your own peril. Have never been wrong once with these sort of things. Wait and see...

Dude, we've been pretty resigned to this for a fair while now, you're not telling us anything we don't really know.

He should be if it is true.

If Bock is going to the GC, considering he's in reasonable form, why not use these last couple of weeks to ensure that we get the maximum possible compensation, no point getting bitter over it.

They reported on the news Bock will be getting around $600k a season at Gold Coast. Now under the revised compensation for players leaving we should get a very good pick from it. I'm hoping this means we will qualify for the best compensation pick package.

I will go he if 600k a season doesn't equate to the top echelon compensation, even considering his age.

And then we have a good laugh about it afterwards...

If the 600k is true, I can't blame him. I'd go north for that - and I love my current job.

Yeah thats it, we could not afford to offer much more than half that, if you take into account Bocks age, injury history and the fact that we have blokes like Tippett, Walker, Dangerfield, Mackay etc to lock away. Unlike the Gold Coast, we couldn't justify spending anywhere near 600k on Bock and quite frankly, I couldn't blame him for going. Besides, as many have mentioned, with Davis, Sellar, Talia, Young, McKernan, Otten all potentially vying for KPP spots in the not too distant future, not to mention the incumbent Rutten and Stevens, I could think of a lot worse players to go.

i thought with West Sydney coming in, it will be delayed by more than that.

You can use them, but you'd be stupid to, as no 1st round compensation picks can be used until the end of the 1st round(about pick 26) in these drafts. So if we got the top echelon compensation, which is a first round pick following our normal first rounder in that draft, plus another first rounder at the middle of the first round, we'd just be getting picks 26 and 27 or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Bock is going to the GC, considering he's in reasonable form, why not use these last couple of weeks to ensure that we get the maximum possible compensation, no point getting bitter over it.

No way...let's drop him asap because with our luck this year he will do his knee, GC will cancel, and we'll pay his bills for the next 12 months then end up with a washed up 29yo.

Cotton wool time...everyone needs to protect their investment:thumbsu:

The only 5 year contract I can remember in the AFL is Richmond and Terry Wallace :rolleyes:

Just saw an add for footy classified tonight with the leading story being about a former AA player turning their back on their club and signing with the gold coast....
I guess its safe to assume they are talking about Bocky - mind you its not the first time Hutchy has mentioned it on the show!!

Like most have said, I'll believe it when its officially announced!

Bock is going to GOLD Coast not WEST Coast you knobend.

I Lol'd!

If this is true and conversation has to be had and it's astalavista for Bocky this weekend. No finals... every game is a valued experience for our nubreed.

We better get top category compensation for Bocky... AA CHB just coming off his injuries. 1 if not 2 draft picks.

But like others have said... if he doesn't want to be here and wants the money... then f*** him... he's hurt my feelings.

Just saw an add for footy classified tonight with the leading story being about a former AA player turning their back on their club and signing with the gold coast....
I guess its safe to assume they are talking about Bocky - mind you its not the first time Hutchy has mentioned it on the show!!

Like most have said, I'll believe it when its officially announced!

Paul Medhurst?

Leon Davis?

Chad Cornes?

All are as old or older than Bock and all have been dropped at times this year.

If he plays against St Kilda and it had been announced he was leaving would he get booed?

"I was saying Boo-ock."

What an odd mix. Farewelling our legends and in the same breath saying FU to one of our guns.

I half expect to see banners similar to the ones the Port supporters used last year bagging Bock.
Should have given him the boot back then.

All Australians and club best and fairest players don't grow on trees.
Yes, Davis will evolve into a very very good replacement, but Bocky has given good service over the years,so give the guy a break.
If someone offered you that much money to move to another job in a place with a better lifestyle and climate, you'd jump at it(IMO)
Maybe now Jim Sellar can actually play in a position that suits him, instead of being forced to go up against guys who are so much bigger than him in ruck.
Goodbye and good luck Bocky, but I wouldn't be adding to your game tally if I was picking the team if the news is true.

it's not a huge deal. the present best 22 players who we should be happy to lose are stevens and doughty. for these guys, we'd get nothing, so might as well keep. next in queue is bocky. not because he's no good, but because he's not been able to consistently get on the park the last couple of years and missed a finals campaign a few years ago i think. best thing is that he'll command a pretty good salary and increase our comensation pick.

only question i have is whether we can use it next year. i'd like to think that this year will be our lowest for a few years. so i'd like the pick in next years draft.

it's not a huge deal. the present best 22 players who we should be happy to lose are stevens and doughty. for these guys, we'd get nothing, so might as well keep. next in queue is bocky. not because he's no good, but because he's not been able to consistently get on the park the last couple of years and missed a finals campaign a few years ago i think. best thing is that he'll command a pretty good salary and increase our comensation pick.

only question i have is whether we can use it next year. i'd like to think that this year will be our lowest for a few years. so i'd like the pick in next years draft.

We can use it next year, but it wont be a good pick (2nd rounder), the picks that the GC and GWS have they are not losing which means that clubs will have to wait until the 2012 draft before they are able to receive optimum compensation.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back