Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 3rd Test 1-5 March, 1430hrs at Indore

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2008.jpg

and so it should...he is picked because he is supposedly the best gloveman in the land...and for his ability to play spin

Inglis is a better gloveman I don't care what anyone says and so is Pierson

carey has been a major disappointment this tour ....a quick 30 today would of been gold

Carey isn’t a great player of spin I’d expect he’ll play really well in England.

As well as they’ve bowled, you can’t play 3 x #11’s like Lyon, Murphy and K.

The tail is critical in the subcontinent and we’ve basically been 6- all out in every test so far.

In an injury free fantasy scenario I’d actually like to what a side with Agar and Maxwell for Starc and Murphy would go.

Head
Khawaja
Labuschagne
Smith
Handscombe
Green
Maxwell
Carey
Agar
Lyon
Kuhnemann

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Green LBW was bullshit, was looking good too.

I suppose all we can hope for now is to knock them over for 100 odd again. Don't really think that's likely, have a feeling s**t's all downhill from here.
What about India’s batting this match suggests they’re making anymore than 200 here? This pitch is harder to bat on than yesterday.

Geez that was quick, how many times does the dreaded drinks break change a team's momentum. Can't afford to be chasing any more then 120 I reckon.

Carey isn’t a great player of spin I’d expect he’ll play really well in England.

Carey was very good in Pakistan and Sri Lanka. He would be disappointed in his tour because I think he is a better player of spin than he has shown this tour.

What makes it all the more galling is that Handscomb and Green did well to negotiate the first hour. Got to drinks with no wickets falling, and then in the space of 40 minutes or so, Australia gets bowled out. It's tough to bat out there, no question about it, but we have made India's job much easier.
Yep.

They set it up so that we should have been batting for at least an hour after lunch in the better conditions. Wasted it. And though we know our tail is no good, getting 30 or 40 from 7-11 would be nice.

As well as they’ve bowled, you can’t play 3 x #11’s like Lyon, Murphy and K.

The tail is critical in the subcontinent and we’ve basically been 6- all out in every test so far.
No point whinging about it without offering another option. We just don't have other options that would bolster the batting in the process.

Could feel that happening early in the over. Handscomb not getting to the pitch of the ball with the ball going too far.

Need to not collapse from here.
In before 6-11.

Nope, too late..

Not sure we want to get to 70 overs before reverse starts....they'll be 200 by then
True, but I think the pitch will help keep the ball low for Starc and Green too. Can’t see them bowling more than 5 overs total combined, but would be gold if those 5 overs snare a wicket or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 3rd Test 1-5 March, 1430hrs at Indore

Back