News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL will lick arse to speed up the recovery process for clubs like ours

Not like clubs like ours

Would a priority pick trump the bulldogs' right to their academy player or whatever he is?

God question. Probably not.

If we don’t get pick 2, I’d love to see us bid on every mother****er FS / NGA in the draft and **** up the night for everyone.

No, they're talking so they can MAKE it pick two.

They're getting a win-win outcome together. Having to trade for Brad is a bad result for both teams.
If it's around the mark, it makes sense for St Kilda to just pony up that bit extra.

The only way I can see it not working is if they're 100K off per year.

Sticking to his story.

He acknowledges the conflicting numbers in the media but is doubling down and reckons hes double and triple checked the numbers.

3.5 - 4M total and north of 700k a year.
I honestly think 700+ is likely. You'd think most clubs would easily offer Brad 600-650k, so for Saints to win out their offer probably better

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the solution the AFL comes up with if we receive a band one offer. They seem rather sh*t scared to give us pick 2 in this case, and they do have the ambiguity in the rules (being able to alter the results when they want) that they could pull that off.

Good point, they can do what they want with compensation. And the AFL’s primary concern is how anything ‘looks’.

Forget that we just finished stone motherless last and missed out on Noah Anderson because they threw a top two pick at the Suns.

If it's around the mark, it makes sense for St Kilda to just pony up that bit extra.

Crouches manager did explicitly say that the offer had not increased* believing that is a different issue.

Not like clubs like ours

God question. Probably not.

If we don’t get pick 2, I’d love to see us bid on every motherf***er FS / NGA in the draft and fu** up the night for everyone.

Yes so wish they would get nasty for a change - make a stand and go crazy with the bids it would make fantastic viewing!!

Crouches manager did explicitly say that the offer had not increased* believing that is a different issue.
Not yet.

I suspect that's why these 2 St Kilda players have been mentioned. Normally you don't get the specific names of players unless there's talk this will happen.

Is Brad’s manager a complete muppet or just playing dumb?

He suggests to FiveAA that our compensation could be a ‘mid first rounder’. Does he not even know the basics of free agency?

He also reckons he’s currently having zero conversations with the Crows or Saints; gee, way to facilitate getting your client to their desired destination.

Not sure why any of his clients bother paying him.
I think he is basically saying it will be pick 9 (pick after our pick 8) or if the AFL gives us an end of first round pick we will match and work out a trade with St Kilda which will probably be their first round pick and a player. Pick 9 would be a good result as it would allow us to trade up pick 8 to around pick 5 and go to the draft with 1,5,9.

I think he is basically saying it will be pick 9 (pick after our pick 8) or if the AFL gives us an end of first round pick we will match and work out a trade with St Kilda which will probably be their first round pick and a player. Pick 9 would be a good result as it would allow us to trade up pick 8 to around pick 5 and go to the draft with 1,5,9.
How can it be pick 9? There no compo for after your second pick (someone else’s) as far as I’m aware.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point, they can do what they want with compensation. And the AFL’s primary concern is how anything ‘looks’.

Forget that we just finished stone motherless last and missed out on Noah Anderson because they threw a top two pick at the Suns.

We seriously looked like going winless there for a period. I almost put money on it!
While I think with some right moves we can bounce back quickly we are a genuine bottom team and deserve to be treated as such. However the AFL has tightened up on giveaways (GC exclude) in past few years. Even Carlton didn’t warrant extra special treatment for being rubbish - just a couple of pre list options not greatly impacting the draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How can it be pick 9? There no compo for after your second pick (someone else’s) as far as I’m aware.

There isn't, however the AFL has given themselves enough room to alter any compensation if they so choose to.

How could we get pick 9?

I was under the impression

Band 1 - After your 1st round pick
Band 2 - After the 1st round
Band 3 - After your 2nd round pick
Band 4 - After the 2nd round
Band 5 - After your 3rd round pick

So
Band 1 = 2
Band 2 = 20
Band 3 = 22
Band 4 = 38
Band 5 = 40

If we were mid-table I'd bet the AFL gives us band 1 in a heartbeat as it's fair. But because the pick is pick 2, I see us getting band 2 and getting pick 20 (pushed back to 25 or some shit with bids on JUH etc.)

Let's be honest the AFL makes up the rules as they go along. They won't like the optics of us getting pick 1 and 2 so they may give us a pick after our pick 8 instead of an end of first round. They may justify it by saying that we didn't deserve pick 2 but pick 19 was not fair compensation for Crouch. Would be a compromise to help us out and balance it against Vic hysteria. In saying that if his contract deserves tier 1 we should be getting it regardless of what our first round pick is.

Is Brad’s manager a complete muppet or just playing dumb?

He suggests to FiveAA that our compensation could be a ‘mid first rounder’. Does he not even know the basics of free agency?

He also reckons he’s currently having zero conversations with the Crows or Saints; gee, way to facilitate getting your client to their desired destination.

Not sure why any of his clients bother paying him.
Gary not dumb. He’s very smart man and can tell anyone a fib with a straight face. There is more to this and media may have got wind of something.

How could we get pick 9?

I was under the impression

Band 1 - After your 1st round pick
Band 2 - After the 1st round
Band 3 - After your 2nd round pick
Band 4 - After the 2nd round
Band 5 - After your 3rd round pick

So
Band 1 = 2
Band 2 = 20
Band 3 = 22
Band 4 = 38
Band 5 = 40

If we were mid-table I'd bet the AFL gives us band 1 in a heartbeat as it's fair. But because the pick is pick 2, I see us getting band 2 and getting pick 20 (pushed back to 25 or some sh*t with bids on JUH etc.)
Maybe AFL may give us band 1 for the GWS pick. Maybe they may change to compo rules prior to free agency period.

No, they're talking so they can MAKE it pick two.

They're getting a win-win outcome together. Having to trade for Brad is a bad result for both teams.

FFS this shouldnt be rocket science for these Clubs or even the AFL.

Surely $700k/3 years is the magical number.

$750k is a deadset lock and maybe the Crows are locking for a deadset lock and not an "iffy" $700k being enough?

$750k is a deadset lock and maybe the Crows are locking for a deadset lock and not an "iffy" $700k being enough?
You'd imagine so

According to the AFL's official 2019 salary chart, a "deadset lock" would be a contract that averages $800,000 per year

1603445293230.png

I wonder who the player was that earned $1.0-1.1m in 2019 despite not playing a game :think:. Has to be Tom Mitchell right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back