News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the AFL's official 2019 salary chart, a "deadset lock" would be a contract that averages $800,000 per year

View attachment 992952

I wonder who the player was that earned $1.0-1.1m in 2019 despite not playing a game :think:. Has to be Tom Mitchell right?
Tom Boyd ?? Or did he settle before then

But yes Mitchell makes more sense.

Now I know he's a great player but a million dollars...... Wow.

This data is actually really interesting

1603445787028.png

Brad Crouch didn't play a game in 2018. From this salary chart we know for a fact he wasn't paid between $600k and $700k that year. He either earned below $600k or more than $700k

View attachment 992964

Brad Crouch didn't play a game in 2018. From this salary chart we know for a fact he wasn't paid between $600k and $700k that year. He either earned below $600k or more than $700k
I reckon it's the latter

Is the rule 1st round or after your first round.?

After your final pick I the first round does make some sense, given the AFL likely didn't think about scenarios where clubs had multiple 1st rounders.
See this is where I reckon they'll make something up to give us pick 9.

Which I'm kind of OK with.

According to the AFL's official 2019 salary chart, a "deadset lock" would be a contract that averages $800,000 per year

View attachment 992952

I wonder who the player was that earned $1.0-1.1m in 2019 despite not playing a game :think:. Has to be Tom Mitchell right?
So he need to be offered the top 35 players so possibly around $750K provided most of the $700-800K are earning below $750K.

View attachment 992952

I saw that and immediately thought of Buddy

how do you get $800k as the magic number ?

I reckon it's the latter

I think so too. I just looked at the list of players who didn't play a single game in 2018 and Brad is the best of the list. 3 players, as confirmed by the AFL, earned $700-800k that year and didn't play

The others could be: Jamie Elliott, Grant Birchall, Kurt Tippett (settlement), Harley Bennell, Liam Picken, Sam Docherty

I think so too. I just looked at the list of players who didn't play a single game in 2018 and Brad is the best of the list. 3 players, as confirmed by the AFL, earned $700-800k that year and didn't play

The others could be: Jamie Elliott, Grant Birchall, Kurt Tippett (settlement), Harley Bennell, Liam Picken, Sam Docherty
A iot of money for some good, not great players.

View attachment 992964

How can you tell that?

Edit: ignore me.

I thinks it's under 600 personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you tell that?

There is a "played" and "listed" column for each year. In the fine print, to be on the "played" list you have to play at least 1 match that year.

We know that in 2018, there were 46 players in the played column AND 46 players in the listed column that earned $600-700k. So 0 players earning in that range missed the entire season. Given Brad Crouch didn't play a single game that year, he can't have made a total salary in that range

A iot of money for some good, not great players.

True, but I think it's somewhat legitimate evidence that Brad Crouch was already earning quite a high salary, unless we can find 3 other suitable players in that price bracket

There is a "played" and "listed" column for each year. In the fine print, to be on the "played" list you have to play at least 1 match that year.

We know that in 2018, there were 46 players in the played column AND 46 players in the listed column that earned $600-700k. So 0 players earning in that range missed the entire season. Given Brad Crouch didn't play a single game that year, he can't have made a total salary in that range
Apologies mate, didn't mean for you to have to explain. I was only looking generally and didn't realise there was a listed and played column.

Is the rule 1st round or after your first round.?

After your final pick I the first round does make some sense, given the AFL likely didn't think about scenarios where clubs had multiple 1st rounders.
You'd have teams avoiding getting later picks because they'd rather get just the pick after their first than 2 later picks. Like if GWS finished 3rd in the current situation, would you rather pick 2 or 16 and 17?

I saw that and immediately thought of Buddy

how do you get $800k as the magic number ?
top 5% at total players (702) is roughly top 35 players.

Total number of players earning $800K and above is 32 players, i.e. $800K is guaranteed top 5%.

Given that Brad would have to be the top 3 players (32+3 = 35) within the $700-800K bracket, I would guess that he'd have to be getting at least $775K+ to trigger band 1, even then its still murky. $800K seems to be the magic number.

Last edited:

View attachment 992964

I can’t see any way we were paying Brad 700-800k in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back