List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't need to dispute it, as it remains in place. I have no need to argue for its merits other than we have managed to attract a very accomplished performer from the best club in the comp; but you will continue to rotate your tyres on a job title, because continually rotating your tyres on topics is your M.O
Yep so the head in the sand argument

Everything the club does is correct view

Ignorance is bliss

And the board etc were just AOK with that yeah?

Living in fantasy land if you think Brady was able to mastermind himself into a job with no responsibilities.
I'm not sure if it's a job with no responsibility or pointless, wouldn't go as far as The Ziebull here.

But, it's not the worst gig in the world to be by your own admission in charge of list management strategy and yet have the footy world blaming your subordinate who just resigned for...list management strategy.

I don't need to dispute it, as it remains in place. I have no need to argue for its merits other than we have managed to attract a very accomplished performer from the best club in the comp; but you will continue to rotate your tyres on a job title, because continually rotating your tyres on topics is your M.O
Well given the club he came from, which just won the flag, have themselves two GMs and they have made it work is a pretty good business case. Knowing facts helps your argument, which in this case you don't

I'm not sure if it's a job with no responsibility or pointless, wouldn't go as far as The Ziebull here.

But, it's not the worst gig in the world to be by your own admission in charge of list management strategy and yet have the footy world blaming your subordinate who just resigned for...list management strategy.
Resigned yes, as he wouldn't have been re-signed

Ignorance is bliss

I dunno if it’s bliss but it is certainly more sensible that sitting in the cheap seats, having next to NFI and asking for things like PDs so you can have a crack at people who you’ve looked up on LinkedIn and have no idea what they do let alone as to whether they do it well.

And you’ve provided no logic to dispute this

The logic I presented was we were previously a 1 gm of footy club so it clearly has worked all along and works across most clubs until Brady decided he wanted to split this into 2
Which clubs have 1 "general manager of football" on staff and how many work under them?

Which clubs have 1 "general manager of football" on staff and how many work under them?
Vary between teams dependant on how many in each footy department.

And as per how many clubs have 1 gm I believe all do bar us and I think eagles? There’s maybe a couple more

But 1 is the more common method

Vary between teams dependant on how many in each footy department.

And as per how many clubs have 1 gm I believe all do bar us and I think eagles? There’s maybe a couple more

But 1 is the more common method
The best side in the competition has two GMs. You deliberately miss that titbit I posted earlier?

Yep so the head in the sand argument

Everything the club does is correct view

Ignorance is bliss

Thing is you are also ignorant to what is going on. We all are to varying degrees.

Yet unlike most others, you are then using the news as an opportunity to criticise the club and staff left, right and centre with a heap of (mostly unsubstantiated) claims in near every thread and being overtly negative.

No one is saying the club is always correct. That would equally be incorrect I agree with you.

They are two completely different issues in any case.

Seriously, the sky isn't falling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no inevitable doom, we've cleaned house. Good times

I'm not saying there's inevitable doom but I thought we cut the dead wood and cleaned house in 2019 when we got rid of Scotts, Joyces & McMahons? And in 2020 when Shaw left? I seem to recall a lot of the blame for our performances being conveniently directed at him and the hub. We also got rid of Scotland & Moore as well as Jade Rawlings that off season too. How about last year when we replaced our S&C team so we'd be AFL fit for this season, as well as shifting Brady somewhat away from a role that he will now shift back to out of necessity? Not really any noticeable improvements in that department (S&C) so far, though it's still somewhat early. Even though after an entire offseason our training standards are somehow apparently still pretty slack?

We haven't exactly come on in leaps & bounds since these all changes have happened.

Regarding the three musketeers I guess we rated them so little that we decided to inexplicably keep them around until halfway through the year for some reason? It's not like they hadn't been there long enough for us to analyse their performance. So why weren't they gone end of last season?

I wish I had your optimism but the club as a whole haven't exactly been hitting it out of the park in regards to their decision making over the last half decade, and I don't see how this time is definitively any different other than it being a little more statistically probable that maybe this time we'll get it right?

I'm not saying there's inevitable doom but I thought we cut the dead wood and cleaned house in 2019 when we got rid of Scotts, Joyces & McMahons? And in 2020 when Shaw left? I seem to recall a lot of the blame for our performances being conveniently directed at him and the hub. We also got rid of Scotland & Moore as well as Jade Rawlings that off season too. How about last year when we replaced our S&C team so we'd be AFL fit for this season? Not really any noticeable improvements in that department so far, though it's still somewhat early. Even though after an entire offseason our training standards are somehow apparently still pretty slack?

We haven't exactly come on in leaps & bounds since these all changes have happened.

Regarding the three musketeers I guess we rated them so little that we decided to inexplicably keep them around until halfway through the year for some reason? It's not like they hadn't been there long enough for us to analyse their performance. So why weren't they gone end of last season?

I wish I had your optimism but the club as a whole haven't exactly been hitting it out of the park in regards to their decision making over the last half decade, and I don't see how this time is definitively any different other than it being a little more statistically probable that maybe this time we'll get it right?
fitness takes years to build, not just one pre-season. As for the recruiters, two of them were given an opportunity under Brady and are now working elsewhere. We didn't keep them for mid year, we kept them for this season and discussions wouldn't guarantee them a spot for next year. So a jump before a push. Teams and clubs make decisions over time, perhaps at the end of last year they were determined to see an improvement in whatever metrics they had set. Don't see an issue with them moving on some recruiters, the proof is in the pudding

fitness takes years to build, not just one pre-season. As for the recruiters, two of them were given an opportunity under Brady and are now working elsewhere. We didn't keep them for mid year, we kept them for this season and discussions wouldn't guarantee them a spot for next year. So a jump before a push. Teams and clubs make decisions over time, perhaps at the end of last year they were determined to see an improvement in whatever metrics they had set. Don't see an issue with them moving on some recruiters, the proof is in the pudding

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is just speculation isn't it? Didn't Brady mention we just weren't matching Finnigans deal from the Hawks? That could be for plenty of reasons, and with Luff we don't actually know the circumstances. You are assuming pushed. Maybe they did desperately want out like the media reports claim? Or maybe you are right.

However, Blind freddy could see we have MAJOR issues at the club right now, is it so hard to believe the possibility that maybe some don't want to stick around?

FFS we are in the media every other week for one negative reason or another, regardless of how much of it may be a beat up we are at a pretty low ebb and I think some on here may be burying their head in the sand to avoid facing that reality.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is just speculation isn't it? Didn't Brady mention we just weren't matching Finnigans deal from the Hawks? That could be for plenty of reasons, and with Luff we don't actually know the circumstances. You are assuming pushed. Maybe they did desperately want out like the media reports claim? Or maybe you are right.

However, Blind freddy could see we have MAJOR issues at the club right now, is it so hard to believe the possibility that maybe some don't want to stick around?

FFS we are in the media every other week for one negative reason or another, regardless of how much of it may be a beat up we are at a pretty low ebb and I think some on here may be burying their head in the sand to avoid facing that reality.
I'm not assuming they were pushed. They weren't pushed at all. They left of their own accord. I shouldn't have said jump before push, you are correct Brady had told Finnegan they wouldn't assure him a position next year

Last edited:
Stevo's "yeah, nah'd" Brady :cool:
Brady came in and was handed the keys. Right now everything's been taken off him and he's left standing there holding a lollypop and his **** in the other hand.

Massive disappointment. Pick 19 to Richmond seals it for me.

Do we see Brady under threat here for his performance with this review? I genuinely don’t think he’s had enough time in any of his roles with the amount of movement and splitting of responsibilities he’s had to deal with the moment he got here, most recently after the list management trio walked, and prior to that he was performing two roles.

Not sure if there’s been enough time in any role to comfortably say how he’s performing so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back