Mega Thread Brownlow Medal: Matthew Priddis (WCE)

Remove this Banner Ad

The umps have totally lost the plot.

2vKlgEy.gif

Happy for Priddis, especially after all the close calls on AA selection, thought he could maybe poll well, but didn't think he would win it.
Seems a good bloke and helps him shed any 'always the bridesmaid' talk, also better for Fyfe not to have a Chris Grant / Corey McKernan experience :thumbsu:
He kind of did. Missed four games to suspension this year. Two of them genuine bull sh!t, as evidenced by the harvey verdict. Good chance he'd have snuck in for a vote in one of them, based on his polling in the games he played.

But probably not as much of a kick in the guts as mckernan and grant, as you say.

Extremely pleased that Matt Priddis won the Brownlow Medal, a consistently good but not flashy player who does all the team things very well, works hard both ways and has squeezed every ounce of ability out of himself, worthy winner IMO.
It's a victory for all those players who are unfairly maligned by their own supporters, who jump on and magnify every single error and give little credit where it is due, all clubs have them, the scapegoats!!
Big thumbs up to those West Coast supporters who stood by Matt, when others went OTT, enjoy it, he deserved it.:thumbsu:

does this give spuds like jack watts to dream on winning one ?
I think it shows how Watts will never be a chance. Priddis is an almost talentless player who is relentless and has squeezed every bit out of himself. Watts is a talented player who puts in no effort and just wastes it.

Disgraceful.

Obviously it doesn't matter how bad your disposal is, If you get the ball you win the brownlow lol.

Disgraceful.

Obviously it doesn't matter how bad your disposal is, If you get the ball you win the brownlow lol.
Averages 18 effective disposals per game - 22nd in the league. Deal with it.

Disgraceful.

True. Trent Cotchn got 18 votes.

But seriously, Priddis' win is laughable... and I really like Priddis. I had him down for a top 5 place but winning the thing over much more deserving players like Sewood, Ablett, Kennedy, Gray or even Buddy was pretty shocking. But well done to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True. Trent Cotchn got 18 votes.

But seriously, Priddis' win is laughable... and I really like Priddis. I had him down for a top 5 place but winning the thing over much more deserving players liek Sewood, Ablett, Kennedy or Gray was pretty shocking. But well done to him.

Cotchin is a much better kick than Priddis.

Yeah, good on him but he didn't deserve it

Disgraceful.

Considering he wasn't in the top 100 for clangers/per game and averaged the most disposals I would say he is not to bad . When you you win the ball on the deck fighting tooth and nail I think he did remarkably well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back